Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• worry about Elam?

GW field goal aside.

I know he's been a rock in an otherwise over-looked and under-valued position (at times) but regardless of how we feel about kickers we have a great one. With this being said how do you miss two field goals and have a third that was good bounce off an up-right and not question or at least have some concern about his performance.

Kickers miss at times that's part of the game but when you have a ball control grind it out offensive mentality, failed opportunities at points can seriously hurt the chances of winning. If your thinking oh this is one game then let me ask, " How many games were we out of the playoffs last year?"

One game could again keep us out of the playoffs with the strong play from the Colts, Steelers (granted they were playing Cle), Patriots and Chargers - Cincinnati and Baltimore haven't played yet but they'll be in the playoff hunt too - I don't like the way Elam started.

What are your thoughts.

Relax

Relax dude...Elam is one of the all-time greats...just check the record books. So he struggled in the season-opener in a stadium where it's difficult to kick anyway...He came on in a pressure-packed situation at the end and hit the one that mattered most...not many kickers could keep their composure in a rush like that and get the job done.

Elam is probably nearing the end of his career, but I'd still rather have him that most anyone else in the league. He's going to win many more games than he's going to lose for us.

Comment

Originally posted by flexmaster33 View Post
      Relax dude...Elam is one of the all-time greats...just check the record books. So he struggled in the season-opener in a stadium where it's difficult to kick anyway...He came on in a pressure-packed situation at the end and hit the one that mattered most...not many kickers could keep their composure in a rush like that and get the job done.

Elam is probably nearing the end of his career, but I'd still rather have him that most anyone else in the league. He's going to win many more games than he's going to lose for us.
      I agree, matter of fact I never said he sucked or even that I was up in arms. I was simply asking if the misses from this game worried anyone due to the type of offense we have and any impact it might have in the strong AFC.

I mean come on outgaining the bills by 284 yards, having the edge is T.O.P. and we need a last second (literally) FG to survive.

You basically said no... fair enough. Me I feel he can get the job done, I can say this though I have never been nervous seeing Elam kick a GW FG until today.

Comment

Elam missing 2 field goals is a rarity, Elam missing 3 doesn't happen. I never doubted him for a second.
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Elam isn't perfect.....he will miss from time to time.....

honestly tho.....I don't know of very many kickers.....if ANY that would have made that last field goal.....in the opponents stadium....after missing 2 previous fg's.....like he did.....runnin out on the field NOT having time to set.....

Honestly.....all those famous kicks Vineteri made.....I think Elam would have been $$$$$ as well.....

I would have.....and still will....take Elam over any kicker in the league.....
          "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
          -The best in the business-

Comment

On the road, wet field, new holder, no big deal, Elam is fine.
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

oh and to add to that.....heres an article from yahoo sports.....just a little comment.....but I loved it.....

Biggest winners: The three franchises that realized or re-established that they have clutch kickers. Jason Elam continued to prove he's one of the best kickers of all time when he calmly hit a 42-yarder with no time left as the Denver Broncos beat the Buffalo Bills, 15-14. Conversely, the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins turned to young kickers Mason Crosby and Shaun Suisham to notch victories in the waning moments and in overtime.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
              "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
              -The best in the business-

Comment

What I think is amazing is how there are to topics in this forum one saying Elam sucks and another saying should we be worried about him. Why would you be worried about a guy who boots a 40+ yard field goal with no time remaining in a situation where all he had time to do was run onto the field get in position not even get to do his normal step off and win a game for your team. Personally yeah I hated seeing him miss two field goals both of which were over 45 yards. Come on now!!! most teams don't even take a chance at field goals that long. I would take Elam over most kickers in the league. Support your kicker!!!
                Broncos Fan/Colorado Native Stuck In VAsigpic

Comment

Shannahan said it best.....

"The only player on our roster who's position is certian.....Jason Elam." "Until he tells me he's ready to quit....the job is his."

ELAM ROCKS and I wouldn't want any other kicker!!!!!

You go Elam!

PEACE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TU_HurricaneDB View Post

GW field goal aside.

I know he's been a rock in an otherwise over-looked and under-valued position (at times) but regardless of how we feel about kickers we have a great one. With this being said how do you miss two field goals and have a third that was good bounce off an up-right and not question or at least have some concern about his performance.

Kickers miss at times that's part of the game but when you have a ball control grind it out offensive mentality, failed opportunities at points can seriously hurt the chances of winning. If your thinking oh this is one game then let me ask, " How many games were we out of the playoffs last year?"

One game could again keep us out of the playoffs with the strong play from the Colts, Steelers (granted they were playing Cle), Patriots and Chargers - Cincinnati and Baltimore haven't played yet but they'll be in the playoff hunt too - I don't like the way Elam started.

What are your thoughts.

my thoughts are.........im worried about your post. We BETTER toss in the towel on elam because he missed 2 kicks.

Comment

I'm not worried about Jason! He is solid.

Comment

Besides being a hall of fame caliber kicker his entire career, and what everyone else said about new holder, wet ball, etc....

KICKERS ARE FUELED BY CONFIDENCE!!!!

I know if I kicked a field goal like that and EVERYONE on the team pummeled me, I would be unbelievably confident and would feel on top of the world. Everyone knows that when a kicker struggles, he struggles until he gets some confidence back.

We have nothing to worry about, GO ELAM!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X