Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cutler be able to fill Elway's shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westwood
    replied
    Without a doubt.

I think without a doubt he will be able to. The key to John's sucess was his delivery. Most QB's come froma football background and that is where they have longevity problems. But John and Jay both come from baseball backgrounds which gives them a better throwing motion and more speed. That is what made John famous was his throwing power and that is why throughout the 80's and 90's we were able to stretch the field and not have to live for only 20 yard outs. Once Jay truely understands his role and that this is truely his team. He will be fine and at that point the shadow of John will not be so large!!!

Leave a comment:

• wazeemoto
    replied
    Can Jay Fill Johns Shoes?

I dont think anyone can fill Johns shoes.... He is still wearing them. But i do think we need some new coaches and new plays. Whoever we get in the qb position will always be compared to Elway, thats not fair to them

Leave a comment:

• AZOmae
    replied
    No, next question.

Leave a comment:

• jazzy01
    replied
    I loved many of the responses......

I have a lot of faith in Jay...He has an amazing arm
    and he is still in the making to being an amazing QB!!!!
    I know that all of us Broncos fan will continue to support him
    and only want the best for him

I love Elway but I only saw him during his prime.
    I was too young before to really like football
    So I was not able to see the transformation.
    So I'm really excited to see that with Jay

Go BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• patiencewithsix
    replied
    Cutler need not fill anybody's shoes

[B]John Elway is John Elway;

[B]Jay Cutler is Jay Cutler

I see Cutler developing over time into one of the greats. I believe it is time to let John Elway go. That is, to stop the comparisons; Jay Cutler is his own man. He doesn't need to fill any shoes but his own.

I was a huge Elway fan, but he has retired; time to get past him, and start to embrace the Cutler Era.
    Last edited by patiencewithsix; 10-14-2007, 07:46 AM. Reason: I'm a writer...I want it right.

Leave a comment:

• jcdavey
    replied
    good to see denver isn't a threat to san diego yet again this year....just not enough talent yet

Leave a comment:

• antipas
    replied
    As long as Cutler wins games. I don't think it should ever be a point of Cutler filling Elway's shoes. Elway is a legend in Denver! I think Cutler will make his own legondary play's. We just need to give him more time.

Leave a comment:

• Q-niverse
    replied
    Cutler might be able to fill Elway's shoes. How close are their shoe sizes?

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Personally... I'm more excited to see the kind of shoes Cutler makes for the NEXT QB to try and fill.

I know people want to compare this Denver QB to past Denver QBs.. but I just want to compare him to the best in the league. If Cutler can be considered one of the best in the league, and do that for years..... than he's a success and we'll ALWAYS be competitive.

I'm excited to see the kind of shoes he makes for himself.

Leave a comment:

• saltybuggah
    replied
    i dont think so because elways feet are bigger i think

as long as cutler can fill his own shoes that will be something special to see. im not looking for him to fill anyone elses shoes but his own.

and btw johns cheets are what 8-9 years old who would want to put them things on anyway.

Leave a comment:

• anton...
    replied
    does he really need to fill elways shoes??

i would much rather he wear his own...

he will be great...

without any shadow...

:2cents:

Leave a comment:

• LarryDean
    replied
    When I hear/read can this guy be "The Next Elway" or any of the lenendary HOF QB I just laugh.Here is why look at the teams that have won x2 Super Bowls and im sure somewhere it was writing can "Danny White become the Next Roger Staubach" and the answer was no then along came Troy Aikman. All three are very Famous QB's in the NFL and have writing their own pages in the books of NFL history and in the minds of the fans who watch the game.Is Ben Roethlishberger the next Terry Bradshaw no.Was Steve Young the next Joe Montana no.Brain Griese,Jake Plummer,Jay Cutler all good/great QB's however you may see it.Could they fill Elways shoes no.Instead they would write their own page in the record books.One thing you can count on is that Denver Bronco fans will root root root for Jay Cutler better then anyone can and just maybe 10yrs from now we mite be going over this again saying can he fill Jay Cutler shoes.
    Last edited by LarryDean; 09-15-2007, 08:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncogram65
    replied
    Elway..Cutler

Cutler cannot be Elway!! Elway came into Denver a Punk, he left a man and a legend of his own. We will always love John and what he then and now stands for! Cutler, hopefully fill his own shoes and becomes his own person and helps us to a championship!! He needs encouragement. But I will tell you one thing!!! He PLAYS FOOTBALL!! I saw him do things I never saw Elway do, or I missed it if he did! Make your dreams come true and make your own legend in Denver Jay!! All Bronco fans will be behind you! I wonder if the team reads these things!?

Leave a comment:

• Ms.Bronkette
    replied
    Cutler VS Elway

From the start Elway had to grow and that is what we need to let Cutler do. Thanks Mike for not looking at him like another Elway, the house that Elway built is closed but many many great memories, so goes the way of the future. Will there ever be another "Drive" or "Fumble"? That is what makes us love our team, the possiblity of .......

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Even if it turned out that Cutler goes on and has a HoF career, he's not filling anyone's shoes. No matter HOW many SBs Cutler wins..... Elway will ALWAYs be the one that brought the FIRST trophy to Denver. Cutler could end up to be an INCREDIBLE QB... one that is mentioned to be amongst the greatest in NFL History.... but would that take Elway out of the discussion? No.

I think its time we let him build his own legacy, and not try to cover up or replace another.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X