Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cutler be able to fill Elway's shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milehigh Madnes
    replied
    Elways shoes....

If you look at the stats of Elway during his first year and Cutler you'll see that Jay is ahead of John in just about everything. Now I'm not trying to put down the QB that brought us a SB trophy(twice, back to back). But if the stats are an indicator, we'er going to be getting more of those trophys w/Jay. Also remember that if the coaching was better in the SB's we lost we would have more SB wins than any team in the league. Bottom line is that Jay Cutler THE Broncos QB will and is our future and just like someone wrote earlier " who's going to fill the shoes of Jay Cutler?

Leave a comment:

• besz28
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I think you've just shown that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.
    jay looked great sunday huh? and you are right i do not know what iam talking about iam a steeler fan, and unlike the broncos the steelers have an awesome quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• Ravage!!!
    replied
    Originally posted by besz28 View Post
    no way can he fill elways shoes. cutler is the most overrated player in the nfl. all i hear is cutler this and cutler that. what has he done? he is a very up and down quarterback. he is a good average quarterback nothing more. he has done nothing to show me he is special, usually you know right away if they are. don't mention this kid and john elway in the same breath. the broncos are very iconsistent some weeks they look awesome and others horrible....sometimes jay looks special and most times he doesn't.
    I think you've just shown that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Meli
    replied
    So he's not on fire, but neither were they now look at them!

Originally posted by besz28 View Post
    no way can he fill elways shoes. cutler is the most overrated player in the nfl. all i hear is cutler this and cutler that. what has he done? he is a very up and down quarterback. he is a good average quarterback nothing more. he has done nothing to show me he is special, usually you know right away if they are. don't mention this kid and john elway in the same breath. the broncos are very iconsistent some weeks they look awesome and others horrible....sometimes jay looks special and most times he doesn't.

All I have to say is look at the stats. John Elway did not have a good rookie season. He had a 54.9 completion percentage, threw for 14 INTS and only 7 TDs. Look at Tom Brady who wasn't even a starter at Michigan until his Junior year, drafted in the 6th round and had 42.4 completion percentage his rookie year! Now look at the man now.

The kid as you called him just got his first full season under the belt. Gotta give him credit he's done very well for being thrown in there. His first five games as starter he had an 88.5 QB rating. He's also third in the league on third downs with a QB rating of 109.4. And at this point, if you compare Cutler's stats with Elways, Jay has the edge.

Leave a comment:

• Meli
    replied
    No

It is unfair for us to expect for Jay Cutler to fill Elways shoes. Elways is a man in his own league. So no, Jay Cutler will not fill Elways shoe as much as people want him to.

Really what we should expect is for Jay to create his own chapter to Denver's great history. He is young but already has shown his ability. And though the team as a whole is not where we'd like it to be right now, I remain optismistic about the future with Jay Cutler at the helm.

Leave a comment:

• PatientBronco
    replied
    Irrellivant

I think more important than Jay filling Elways shoes is that Jay fits the type offense the Broncos are currently running better than our last two QBs. I think Jay is doing just fine considering that shannys offense is much more complicated than most and far more than the what the Titans and Cards run.

Leave a comment:

• besz28
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MJGarcia
    replied
    No One!

No one will EVER fill John Elway's shoes, NO ONE!!

Leave a comment:

• Hillari(ous)
    replied
    Nope. Gotta love him but not even close.

Leave a comment:

• Canmore
    replied
    Originally posted by bearbroncoilly View Post
    ....Elway is Elway and Cutler is Cutler...
    Let's hope Jay has as long and illustrious career as John had.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    I tell ya what....If Cutler can't fill Elway's shoes, then what good is he?

He has to be exactly like Elway....Walk like him....Talk like him....Eat, drink, sleep, s*** just like Elway!!!!

He's got til lunch time tomorrow to get it done. Otherwise: Off with his head......

Leave a comment:

• I_Only_Like_Jay
    replied
    Jay isn't gonna fill anyone's shoes but his own. He'll be too busy filling his own and trying to get away from the shadow that the fans caused because of Elway.

Leave a comment:

• AlWilsonizKING
    replied
    Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Elway will ALWAYs be the one that brought the FIRST trophy to Denver.

Off topic but....

I thought it was the Denver Dynamite who brought the FIRST trophy.....

Or the Av's if you're counting the 4 major sports......

hahaha j/k I know what ya meant...

PEACE!!!

Leave a comment:

• poppatrunkxtd30
    replied
    J-Cuts

We just have to wait and see how he develops.
    only time will tell

Leave a comment:

• Michael123321
    replied
    Greeley Grinder

Maybe it is too early to tell.if he finds a groove and limits his interceptions he may lead the Broncos and hold onto the qb spot.When you can run the ball it always opens up the pass.he seems to be learning how to rum out of the pocket when there is pressure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X