Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do the Broncos ever where the orange jerseys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the Broncos ever where the orange jerseys?

Not only do I rarely see them use the orange alternates, but I have never seen them wear the classic orange jerseys. Other teams wear their classic jerseys once in a while, but the Broncos really don't. Did I just miss it?
    Last edited by BrandonMarshall; 09-11-2007, 08:34 AM.
    sigpic

Last time I think we wore Orange was when we played the Raiders in the snow three years ago.

Since we lost, I think the Broncos decided to avoid the Orange alternate.

I can't remember the last time we wore a throwback, although it could just be my faulty memory.

I also wonder if we are going to do blue on blue for home games like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
      Last time I think we wore Orange was when we played the Raiders in the snow three years ago.

Since we lost, I think the Broncos decided to avoid the Orange alternate.

I can't remember the last time we wore a throwback, although it could just be my faulty memory.

I also wonder if we are going to do blue on blue for home games like last year.
      against Dallas on Thanksgiving a few years back. I believe it was in 2001.

Comment

Oh I hope not, the orange jerseys are even uglier than the blue ones.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
          who cares . . . its not a fashion contest and i could care less what anybody out there looks like as long as the BRONCOS (entire team) does well

i personally think the orange ones are sexy

hence why i bought an orange bailey jersey (yeah i support the whole team)
          sigpic
          -------

Comment

Would a mod please correct the thread title from "where" to "wear"?

I like the 1965 orange jerseys...very nice. The alternate orange jerseys are also ok. Id prefer to see more orange incorporated in our uniforms.

Comment

If I am not mistaken this has been brought up before....

I believe the league has to authorize when in fact you can wear the throwbacks. As far as the alternates go....your guess is as good as mine. I liked the orange alternates, brings back the memories of the old orange jerseys.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay View Post
                Maybe some long time Bronco fans actually like the Orange Jerseys

you are a newbie to this team and would probably not understand
                NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  who cares . . . its not a fashion contest and i could care less what anybody out there looks like as long as the BRONCOS (entire team) does well

i personally think the orange ones are sexy

hence why i bought an orange bailey jersey (yeah i support the whole team)
                  Ok, the whole "I support the whole team" comment, unnecessary. And I'm not stupid, I know it's not a fashion contest. The orange is ugly and it's a bad luck charm. I hate the color.
                  The orange is ugly, ugly, ugly!
                  Just stating my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by 24SuperChamp View Post
                    If I am not mistaken this has been brought up before....

I believe the league has to authorize when in fact you can wear the throwbacks. As far as the alternates go....your guess is as good as mine. I liked the orange alternates, brings back the memories of the old orange jerseys.
                    I was actually talking about incorporating the 1965 throwbacks into our normal jerseys. With that Id also like to have orange helmets but with our current logo on the helmet except the mane would have to be blue for color contrast.

Comment

I believe each organization has to request to the league before the season starts of usage of throwbacks/alternates

Just like Mike Nolan has to ask Goddell if he can wear a suit

Personally, that jersey is bad luck, we're like 0-3, and all heartbreakers
                      sigpic

Comment

I seem to recall Bowlen saying after the Thanksgiving game in 2002 that he hated the throwback jersies and they will never wear them again!

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
                          I seem to recall Bowlen saying after the Thanksgiving game in 2002 that he hated the throwback jersies and they will never wear them again!

that is sad then because he is basically blowing off 35 years or so of history.
                          Kinda sad.

At least some teams embrase their history like the Chargers with their cool thowbacks.. Just my :2cents:

does not make me any less of a fan, but as a kid I loved the orange and still do. I just wish we even wore alternates just once a year.
                          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by lex View Post
                            Would a mod please correct the thread title from "where" to "wear"?

I like the 1965 orange jerseys...very nice. The alternate orange jerseys are also ok. Id prefer to see more orange incorporated in our uniforms.

Haha, just noticed the mistake in the title. I love our classic jerseys.
                            sigpic

Comment

I think we have a bad history with all 3 orange alternates...

1994, NFL 75th Anniversary season, we wear the throwbacks at home against the Raiders, Lose 48-10, Elway gets Booed...

2002 (I think) We wear the Orange alternate in the snow and Vanderjagt kicks a FG to beat us in OT (I think)

2003 or 2004 We try the Orange alternates again, only to lose to the lowly Raiders, again at home, and again with the Colts game, in the snow.

I think Bowlen or Shanny or someone is a little on the superstitious side because for the past 2-3 Seasons we haven't even worn them.

I'm not going to buy into some curse unless it gets up to like 0-6 or something - I personally have a Champ Bailey Orange alternate and love it. I wish we would wear them more, I like how the Ravens, Jags, And Panthers all mix in their alternates almost 50/50.

In Madden I like wearing the "70's-1996" Jerseys. Reminds me of my early years of being a Broncos fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X