"Denver's win was CHEAP"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Denver's win was CHEAP"

If I hear one more sportswriter/analyst or whomever say that I am going to SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEAM! Today on Around the Horn, Platzky or whatever his name is said that the Broncos got a Cheap victory and the NFL needs to look into changing the rules to not allow late second timeouts. Ditka even said the Broncos got a "cheap" victory. Give me a $#@*ing break!!! So, let me get this right, Platzky, both teams are set and someone on the defensive side notices they are either playing with 10 guys or possibly 12 or they rearlize they dont' have the right personel on the field. The defensive team will most likely call a timeout if they have one. Plus, teams have been calling last second timeouts in that scenario for years in an attempt to freeze the kicker even though most kickers actually prefer the other team calls the timeout so they can "gather their nerves."

Sorry for rant, I just had to get it off my chest.

Oh yeah, we are 2-0 and leading the AFC West!!!

well if they think thats cheap guess it would have been cheap if janikowski would have made it......
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

This says it all...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.7.html

Comment

Let's see here...

The Pats are breaking rules and using shoddy tactics against opponents...

...and people are calling US cheap for calling a timeout?

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation View Post
          well if they think thats cheap guess it would have been cheap if janikowski would have made it......
          or... if he would have missed the first one, and that didn't count because of the TO, and Janakowski would have made the second one.

ANYONE who calls this cheap is a raiders fan, and a POOR one at that. Thats ridiculous. I have NEVER.. NEVer... as long as I've watched football, heard complaints about a TO that was meant to ice the kicker. Thats the most COMMON thing you ever see, and this was no different.

I would personally call in to Ditka, and have him to try and explain that one to me. That is if he can take the marbles out of his mouth long enough to explain it so we can all understand.

Comment

Originally posted by bhmfje80 View Post
            Let's see here...

The Pats are breaking rules and using shoddy tactics against opponents...

...and people are calling US cheap for calling a timeout?
            I agree - So many talking heads are even being apologists for Belicheck and saying it doesn't dimish his record as a great coach - yet want to say denver's tactics were underhanded and cheap - What hypocrites

Comment

The Broncos are 2-0. I'll take it.

I totally agree with the Patriots thing. People ice kickers ALL THE TIME!#

It is nothing new.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

So if "they" call it cheap, does it go into a special "Cheap Win" column? No? Still goes in the regular Win column? Okay then....
                "Josh has handcuffed and buried this team for the next five years if not a decade. He has no game plan."-thinkin101

"Welcome to your first losing season McD... you'll probably get a few right off the bat."-jrthefreak

"I think the season will be a bloodbath. I'm on record and stand by my prediction of a 3-13 season..."-wolverine83

Comment

I have read some pretty dumb things in my life, but that definitely is up there. In almost every overtime game or game coming down to the last kick it seems like the opposing coach calls that time out. You will hear announcers say every time "they are trying to ice the kicker, that never works" and now that it worked it's cheap?!?!? WOW.

Yeah maybe Denver is lucky, but isn't that the point of calling that time out? I guess if doing something like calling it (which is in the rules and everyone does) then kicking an onside when no one is expecting it is cheap (NO I do not think Oakland was cheap for doing that, in fact good for them). Maybe Gerrard Warren sacking his ex-teammate Jay Cutler is cheap.

I am not sure why this one gets me so fired up other then the fact that it is just plain IDIOTIC!
                  "Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans"

Comment

Bill Plaschke....writer for the LA Times.... no California bias there at all...

I wouldn't expect any less.

Comment

If theres a such thing as a clutch time out, Shanny is David Ortiz.

That was an outstanding, and I mean outstanding call by mike yesterday. I could care less what the retards on around the horn say, that shows fixed anyway, so its not really that fun, but, Solomn Wilcotts and Adam Schein both gave Mike super props for that call, and rightfully so. Those men are intelligent and completely unbiased, and thats why they're the only ones whose word I actually listen too.

Comment

Originally posted by slickdonkey7 View Post
                        Bill Plaschke....writer for the LA Times.... no California bias there at all...

I wouldn't expect any less.
                        exactly. nothing cheap about this, we played within the rules. this happens in the league all the time.

yet, when it happens to oakland, it's cheap?

riiiiight

hows about thanking god you got a lucky third quarter against our defense, who fell asleep. the game, not for one second, should've been that close.
                        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

Nothin cheap about it! Janakowski had 2 attempts to win the game. The timeout appears not only to have negated the first field goal but put the 2nd one on ice...(its intended purpose). Broncos 2 and 0, gotta love it!

Comment

I thought it would have been "Cheap" if the Raiders won off a tipped interception were the defender just happened to be in the right place at the right times. We took a game back that was almost stolen from us from an inferior team-period!

p.s.-if you are a Raider fan, I'm just kidding. You guys are allright!

Comment

I think that what everyone who is calling this a cheap win is referring to is the fact that the clock stops on time outs when the time out is granted. In this case, Shanahan waited so long to call for timeout that he didn't allow the refs enough time to grant his request. Think about it, in all your collective years of watching football, how many kicks have you seen that had to be re-kicked because the opposing coach called a last second time out. I'm guessing that yesterday was your first, I know it was mine. He needs to give the refs a chance at stopping the play otherwise, his timeout should not be granted. And yes, I'd still be towing that line of Seabass missed the first one and made the second. We Raider fans are used to the "first time" calls though, (tuck rule anyone?). Shanahan hasn't made his hatred of the Raiders a secret, I'm guessing that he waited as long as he felt that he could before calling for the TO. Bring up even one more time where this has happened before and I'll change my opinion but, for now, I'm calling what Shanahan did cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X