Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Homerism aside- Al Wilson or Zach Thomas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homerism aside- Al Wilson or Zach Thomas?

My good friend JDslick has stated that Zach Thomas is a better LB than Al Wilson and has called me an idiot for disagreeing...but forget the childish talk will Broncos, Cheifs, Radiers, Bucs, Falcons, and another team fans please vote on this its a good debate!
    Zach Thomas
    7.02%
    Al Wilson
    92.98%

Wilson may be 2nd best MLB in NFL but not second to Thomas

Last year Ray Lewis was listed as the starting Pro-Bowler at the MLB position and most commentators listed Al Wilson right behind him. While Wilson doesn't have the size of Lewis, he's every bit the playmaker on defense, plus he's been the defensive leader that's been largly responsible for pulling the group together.
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!sigpic

Comment

The Great Warrior known as Al Wilson, is a greater force in the war of football. Thomas is the benfactor of brilliant cover corners, so teams have little choice but to run at him and dink and dunk passing strategies over the middle, where he patrols, boosting his tackling numbers.

Wilson makes his physical presence felt by the other team. His tackle numbers should be eleveated, this year, with improved coverage in the secondary.

Comment

no doubt al wilson...the only LB ahead of wilson is ray lewis

Comment

[QUOTE]no doubt al wilson...the only LB ahead of wilson is ray lewis

exactly!! and i'm an idiot for thinking that apparently! But Ray Lewis is going to be the best LB to ever play the game!

in order it goes

1. Ray Lewis
          2. Al Wilson
          3. Brian Urlacher

Comment

The warrior known as Urlacher, is tremendously over-rated.

Comment

Zach Thomas is old and gay... Definetly my man Al!
              sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt go as far as to call Urlacher overrated, he falls in the same category as Vick with having no supporting cast to help him. Look at his numbrs, there pretty phenominal given who he has around him. The loss of Colvin hurt him as welll.

Wilson is definatly in the upper rankings of the LB community, joined by Lewis, obviously, Keith Bulluck is one of the better not as big name backers, Thomas is a tackling machine, no doubt about it, but he does have, on paper, what should be the #1 ranked defense around him, but thats all opinion really. But when it comes down to it, I'd take Wilson any day over Thomas. Not only is Wilson younger, but he has alot of attriubutes that will out do Thomas.

Comment

JDSlick is a dumbass, to compare a MLB of Wilsons status entering his prime (Also ranked as one of the top 25 players in the whole NFL by sportingnews and other places) to Zach Thomas who is way past his prime and was never as good as Al Wilson is now is flat out stupid. JDSlick is a dumbass

Comment

[QUOTE]JDSlick is a dumbass, to compare a MLB of Wilsons status entering his prime (Also ranked as one of the top 25 players in the whole NFL by sportingnews and other places) to Zach Thomas who is way past his prime and was never as good as Al Wilson is now is flat out stupid. JDSlick is a dumbass

Thanks guys, i was pretty sure i wasn't crazy but i wanted some feedback from the board!

Comment

Originally posted by Buliwyf
                      Definetly...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dub-DeuceKnight
                        JDSlick is a dumbass, to compare a MLB of Wilsons status entering his prime (Also ranked as one of the top 25 players in the whole NFL by sportingnews and other places) to Zach Thomas who is way past his prime and was never as good as Al Wilson is now is flat out stupid. JDSlick is a dumbass
                        Where's Raiderhoe's opine????????
                        He'll undoubtedly list one of his own.

Gotta love her
                        Originally Posted by NJBRONCOSFAN
                        .... i wanted to offend nobody besides rushmore.
                        Originally Posted by Alastor
                        ......Intelligence isn't anything on wisdom or character

Comment

Al's a much better playmaker and a better leader.

Doesn't he look good?

Comment

Okay, I love having Al Wilson on the Broncos. I think he's a great player and team leader. I'm still impressed that he takes the entire defense to dinner each week to promote the defensive chemistry.

But there's no reason to dog on Zach Thomas. He's also a great linebacker and deserves the recognition he gets. Just because a guy isn't a Bronco doesn't mean he's not worthy.

That being said, I wouldn't trade Al Wilson for anybody, including Ray Lewis. Wilson is a high character guy while Lewis has a questionable legal background. Although, if Lewis wasn't possibly a murderer...
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Buliwyf
                              I agree with you 100%...He is the most overrated player in the NFL...

BTW I would rather have Al Wilson than Zach Thomas...

Comment

Working...
                              X