So whats the news on Bell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats the news on Bell?

So whats the news on Bell? I see you guys have already gave the throne to him. What else?

Originally posted by jdslick2
    He's the second coming of Barry Sanders. He might as well be enshrined into the hall of fame right now. There's no need for him to ever play a down. He may be the greatest of all time.
    Can't say that I have seen that posted anywhere. And I see them all......

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

Most I see

is bashing of Griffin but I could really care less. Its just sad his own fans bash him. Poor guy. All I read is no I dont think he will start he is to small, will get hurt, to little, to this and that and this and that. That is alot of bashing. Whats sad is he really deserves much more. I dont like the Sooners but that guy ran like Barry Sanders in college. I didnt get to see him play much as a Bronco, but I know it sure didnt look like size mattered to him when he ran all over us.

Comment

Thats what I am saying

Comments like that makes u look like idiots. 6 quarters or no quarters. How many quarters has my man Bell played?

Comment

Re: Most I see

Originally posted by OSUrulez
          is bashing of Griffin but I could really care less. Its just sad his own fans bash him. Poor guy. All I read is no I dont think he will start he is to small, will get hurt, to little, to this and that and this and that. That is alot of bashing. Whats sad is he really deserves much more. I dont like the Sooners but that guy ran like Barry Sanders in college. I didnt get to see him play much as a Bronco, but I know it sure didnt look like size mattered to him when he ran all over us.
          HOLY SHI*! You're alrigh, osu.....
          And yes, you are right about the Q bashing. But its only a few while the rest of us believe in giving him a chance.
          Bell? Who knows. All anyone really knows is he's fast in a straight line and tends to fumble.
          Don't know how long it'll take for him to learn the system.
          Glad you're aboard.

OU!
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Most I see

You are making the mistaken assumption that we ARE fans of his to begin with. You can like a team but feel that certain players aren't starter material.

I don't see how that is bashing. My understanding is that he is a quality person, and is working hard to earn the starting slot. Great. I could go and out work everyone for 2 years. Doesn't mean I am the best person for the job. Just means I work harder.

Comment

Well

as much as I love Bell, he doesnt come close to the skills Griffin has. I sure wish we had him on the OSU side in college, man that guy could move. I read all the bashing about him on this site and was stunned that they were talking about Griffin. I mean yes the guy is short. Trust me and this is coming from a OSU fan. That guy is a future star. Mark my words. If you didnt see him much last year, you guys missed out. That boy has some sick moves. I feel sorry for all the people that bash on him like that because they are going to so eat there words. Bell is fast as hell but thats about it, but he had alot of key turnovers for us and he cant ctach worth hell but we had woods to cover that area. Im not bashing my man like I said, I am just man enough to face reality as long as Griffin is in the line up. I would like to see him as a third down back though.

Comment

Jared

from all the post I have read, you have been a QG hater since day 1, so you just put your foot in your mouth. Later you will eat it and tell me if it tastes good? ok? My e-mail is [email protected]

Comment

Re: Jared

from all the post I have read, you have been a QG hater since day 1, so you just put your foot in your mouth. Later you will eat it and tell me if it tastes good? ok? My e-mail is [email protected]

The fact that you take this so personally is odd. Why does QG HAVE to be my favorite running back? Because he is a Bronco? I can tell you right now that my favorite running back is LT, right now. He plays for the Chargers. Right now, I would be inclined to place Anderson as the favorite to start since he is the proven commodity in the offensive system. If Griffin is your favorite, fine. Why are you offended that I disagree, and I give my points as to WHY I disagree? Is that not what a discussion is?

Nice way to try and make it perosnal, but I won't be goaded into that. I need to be an example setter here.

Comment

Well actually

None of the above are my favorite running backs. I am just pointing out that some of you hate on Griffin for no apparent reason except that he is short and that is sad. I did a search on Griffin and was awed at all the critisicim about him, thsat is all. I originally was searching Bell and seen the OS post and fell into, the bashing snake pit I guess. It seems that anyone who says anything good about Grifin on here gets bashed. OS says something good about all of them and Griffin and gets bashed for saying positives about Griffin? You don't think that is a little unfair? Well in my book it is. Heck, I am not a Sooners fan but I sure dont hate on a good Sooner player just cause I dont like the school or a short player from OU. Which in this case seems the primary reason for you guys.

Comment

Re: Well actually

None of the above are my favorite running backs. I am just pointing out that some of you hate on Griffin for no apparent reason except that he is short and that is sad. I did a search on Griffin and was awed at all the critisicim about him, thsat is all. I originally was searching Bell and seen the OS post and fell into, the bashing snake pit I guess. It seems that anyone who says anything good about Grifin on here gets bashed. OS says something good about all of them and Griffin and gets bashed for saying positives about Griffin? You don't think that is a little unfair? Well in my book it is. Heck, I am not a Sooners fan but I sure dont hate on a good Sooner player just cause I dont like the school or a short player from OU. Which in this case seems the primary reason for you guys.
                      I didn't even know he went to OU until he pulled that nifty 160 yard game out of his hat. And I could not care less about his size in terms of running ability. Barry Sanders was supposedly 5'9", but that had to be in cleats.

Its very simple. In MY opinion, (mine, not anyone else's), I do not think that QG is starter material because of his inability to effectively keep the passing lanes clear on a pass-blocking responsibilty. This is important. This is not the same as lead blocking on a QB run or a FB run play. D-lineman and linebackers are all over 6 foot and can see over him without havng to jump or guess. They can then time their jump to try and block passes. This presents the problem where he cannot be in the game on all packages, thus giving the defense a key to what type of play is coming. Ideally, you want a HB and FB who can equally catch and block and run well.

If I am wrong, I am wrong. So what, I am wrong all the time. Its just a speculative opinion from a person who has no bearing on what the coaching staff decides. So why do you care if I am wrong?

Comment

Well

that is fair enough. Its ok to have an opinion in that regards.

Comment

There's no reason to hate on either Bell or Q. Theyre both Broncos and we should hope both play good. We want to have one of those problems where you don't know who to start becuase they're both so talented. No lose situation. I think Bell is more the Broncos typical style back but that doesn't mean they can't make Q fit. Clinton wasn't standard Bronco back either but he adjusted his style a bit and the offense adjusted a bit to more fit CP's style and it worked real good. They can do the same for Q if he wins the job.
                          Mat'hir tells the future:

"Gold. He won't be back, he is still mad at Denver." "Nope. Won't happen. If it does, someone put this in their sig and shame me all season."

"I've been sticking with the 8-8 declaration and missing the playoffs" 13-3!

"(Brown's) injury only being 9 months old, and Pryce's spine injury, I think both will contribute little and unfortunately land on IR"

"Gerrard Warren will NEVER, EVER, resign in Denver next season no matter how much money we pay him."

Comment

Now thats

a good post fitz. That is what I like to think a fan is all about. Do not bash any of there players unless they are just a moron causing problems for the team. Trust me if the fans get out there chanting BELL, BELL, BELL OR GRIFFIN GRIFFIN GRIFFIN, they will be so pumped up they would run circles all around the defenders all day. I wish more of the bashers would throw there support behind all players instead of picking people like Griffin out and bashing on him.

Comment

Now look

I am a Sooners supporter but thats ok cause this case needs to be said. Stop your Griffin hating and show some love for a change. Even if he played only 6 quraters, even if he is 5'7", even if he is a Sooner, even if he is compared to Barry Sanders. Stop hating on him and realise he may be the one who is leading the Broncos on the rushing ground attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X