No announcement yet.

So whats the news on Bell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, OSU! You must have run in to the wrong thread or something. I've been reading these boards for quite awhile, even though my post count doesn't show it, and most on the board favor QG to at least begin the season as a starter. Either way though, people are entitled to their opinion, that's what we're here for is to express our opinions. I don't see any Broncos fans really bashing him though!?!? They may not think he's the man for our team, but I don't think they attack him personally. He's got one hell of a good attitude IMO, and that can go a long way.

Comment

Do a search, sketch...and you'll quickly change your mind....

...they been bashing since december

Q:
      RoL
      Qitm
      OS
      OSU
      RC
      Mtrshmr
      Jr
      Crowfn
      few others

anti Q:
      98% of the rest
      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

No matter the argument, some fans will think Griffin is "unsuitable" as Denver's featured tailback until he legs +100 in a couple of games, then most QG haters will jump the fence and say "I told you so...". That's just how it goes.

I agree with Fitz. With Griffin, AND Bell, AND Hurst, Denver is in a great position to find a competent replacement for Clinton Portis.

The only thing that's certain is that the best athelete will win.

I'd bet there's a lot of other teams in the league that wish they had that problem.

Comment

oooooohhhhh how quickly I forget. I guess I must just block out the bad things since I'm a fan of Q......... Lately the attitude seems to have changed though. I see a lot of people listing him as a starter in their mock lineups. I for one will just wait until training camp and the preseason to decide who I really would like to see as the starter. Just my $.02!

Comment

Right now I would like to see Bell start because of his speed. Then again, I wasn't screaming for TD to start the offseason before he broke out.

Comment

Re: Well

Originally posted by OSUrulez
              as much as I love Bell, he doesnt come close to the skills Griffin has. I sure wish we had him on the OSU side in college, man that guy could move. I read all the bashing about him on this site and was stunned that they were talking about Griffin. I mean yes the guy is short. Trust me and this is coming from a OSU fan. That guy is a future star. Mark my words. If you didnt see him much last year, you guys missed out. That boy has some sick moves. I feel sorry for all the people that bash on him like that because they are going to so eat there words. Bell is fast as hell but thats about it, but he had alot of key turnovers for us and he cant ctach worth hell but we had woods to cover that area. Im not bashing my man like I said, I am just man enough to face reality as long as Griffin is in the line up. I would like to see him as a third down back though.
              Buddy, I have a feeling that me and you are gonna be greaaaatttt friends.
              sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: Well

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                Buddy, I have a feeling that me and you are gonna be greaaaatttt friends.
                Did I forget you on my Q list?????
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Well

Originally posted by rcsodak
                  Did I forget you on my Q list?????
                  Yes sir *Mile High Salute*
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
                    Do a search, sketch...and you'll quickly change your mind....

...they been bashing since december

Q:
                    RoL
                    Qitm
                    OS
                    OSU
                    RC
                    Mtrshmr
                    Jr
                    Crowfn
                    few others

anti Q:
                    98% of the rest
                    mrsolo = a member of the "few others" category? Man, I thought I had enough posts to at least get some love. lol
                    I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Like Jared I don't consider myself a Q basher just because I have reservation about Q being the feature back. Whomever it is Bell or Griffin I want them to do well, because their success is a key to Denver having success on offense.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Re: So whats the news on Bell?

Originally posted by OSUrulez
                        So whats the news on Bell? I see you guys have already gave the throne to him. What else?

IT's true, they have, read the old posts from when they drafted him, they all were talking about he is gonna run for 2,000 yards next season, that under their system, he will be the best ever!

He won't even be able to beat out Hearst for 4th String, but don't tell them that, it'll hurt their feelings!
                        [QUOTE]
                        If someone uses one of your quotes, it really means that they agree with it and they're upset they didn't get the chance to say it first---- Dave Navarro 1991

The main reason I don't like the Bronco's is because every time I see their logo it reminds me of my drunk boyfriend who used to write his name in the snow with his urine then belch the letters of Elway's name----- Sandra Bernhard 1993

Comment

Re: Re: So whats the news on Bell?

Originally posted by THE SHIELD
                          IT's true, they have, read the old posts from when they drafted him, they all were talking about he is gonna run for 2,000 yards next season, that under their system, he will be the best ever!

He won't even be able to beat out Hearst for 4th String, but don't tell them that, it'll hurt their feelings!
                          No way Bell gets 2,000 yards. Who said that? I don't
                          even think he will start to start the season, if at all.

But Shanahan does like to give his higher draft picks every opportunity to succeed. Otherwise Deltha O'Neal and Chris Cole wouldn't have hung around so long while being so unproductive.

We shall see..............

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by el chiefo again
                            hohoho hehhhe hahahaha, whohohoho, hehheheh.yyeahohoheehhawhawhehhoeheh

you killing me dude. stop.
                            el cheeseball at the top of his game of butchering the English language.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by broncjoe
                              It doesn't make any difference who starts at running back. Hearst, Griffin, Anderson or Bell, any will be one of the top two or three backs in the AFC. Shanahan is no doubt the greatest offensive mind in the history of the NFL. He knows how to get the maximum performance out of every player . It's his system, after all, is responsible for creating these talented running backs year after year after year.
                              While I like your enthusiasm, your views are a little extreme.

Believe it or not, talent does have something to do with our running back production. The system helps the running backs but they still have to do the job. Anderson and Hearst are getting long in the teeth while Bell and Griffin have yet to prove anything. Hopefully, one of them will be one of the top backs but there are definitely no guarantees.

Shanny is a great offensive guy but saying he's the best ever might be overdoing it. There have been a LOT of great offensive minds in the NFL and Shahahan is definitely up there but it's hard to say he's the absolute best. But you're right that Mike is great at getting production out of what he has. He's fantastic and exploiting his players' strengths and avoiding their weak spots. But this year will be a great test of his ability to overcome a lack of stars on offense. We'll see...
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Jedi
                                No matter the argument, some fans will think Griffin is "unsuitable" as Denver's featured tailback
                                you mean some fans AND the Broncos coach . . . otherwise the 2nd round pick for Bell was a total waste . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X