So whats the news on Bell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncjoe
    Hearst is a stud. He's never been able to show what he can do in a system like this. He will be one of the top RBs in the NFL this year. He was wasted in SF.

Shanahan has the ability to see talent where others don't. His drafts have proven that over time. I disagree, it's not hard at all calling him the greatest offensive mind ever. It's a fact.

Where is this lack of stars on offense? Jake Plummer? Nope he's a great QB, one of the best. WR? Rod Smith? Nope, great WR one of the best. Ashley is going to step up this year and Watts is a future star. O Line? Nope, maybe the best in the game. RB? Herast, Griffin, Bell? Nope, stars all around. TE?.Nope, Chamberlain is a pro bowler. Looks like there are plaenty of stars on offense.
    Hearst was a really good back. But he's struggled with injuries and is getting very old for a running back. I hope he still has some gas in his tank but I'm thinking we'll need one of the young backs to emerge.

Jake is a good QB and off to a great start in Denver. But it's too soon to call him a 'great' QB. He needs to do it for more than just one season.

Rod Smith has been one of the best all around receivers over his career but his age will eventually catch up with him. I hope it isn't for a few more seasons. He's a great team guy and offensive leader.

Ashley Lelie may or may not step up this year. It is yet to be determined. Watts is a rookie with potential but it's too early to call him a future star...but I hope you're right.

The offensive line has been really good for many years. But there has been much debate about how they'll hold up this year. Alex Gibbs, one of the best O-line coaches, is gone to Atlanta this offseason. Lepsis has moved to the left side where he struggled to play before. Foster hasn't started a game yet and will have some growing pains plus he isn't the typical style of Broncos offensive lineman. The interior of our line, however, is still very solid.

Chamberlain hasn't done anything for the past two seasons and it really concerns me that people are laying their hopes on him for the tight end position. Nobody else at tight end has exactly stellar stats.

It'll be interesting for sure. If Mike can get this group into upper echelon of the league's offenses, he'll definitely cement his place as one of the best offensive minds ever.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by duaneok66
      you mean some fans AND the Broncos coach . . . otherwise the 2nd round pick for Bell was a total waste . . .
      Captain Q-hater strikes again. What PROOF do you have that Shanahan thinks Quentin is unsuitable as a starter. We traded our starting tailback, so we drafted the best available back in the second round. I have an idea, go talk to Mike, ask him if he thinks Q is unsuitable, then have him state that at a press conference, then you'll have your proof. Jeez!
      I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Originally posted by mrsolo
        Captain Q-hater strikes again. What PROOF do you have that Shanahan thinks Quentin is unsuitable as a starter. We traded our starting tailback, so we drafted the best available back in the second round. I have an idea, go talk to Mike, ask him if he thinks Q is unsuitable, then have him state that at a press conference, then you'll have your proof. Jeez!
        you had needs elswehere . . . you just admitted that you traded Portis, then he chose a back in the second round BECAUSE of that . . . do you honestly think that he wouldve drafted Bell if Portis was still here???? Think about it . . .

Comment

Why not?

Why not draft a rb? It added depth that we needed if the starter goes down or the second stringer. If he was that concerened with a rb he would have drafted Steven Jackson when they had a chance. Jackson is a much better back then Bell. Bell, will get some carries but hes not going to start. Hearst will start before Bell does. However, Griffin will be the man this year and the only thing changing that wil be if he gets injured or doesnt produce.

Comment

Re: Re: Well actually

Originally posted by Jared
            I didn't even know he went to OU until he pulled that nifty 160 yard game out of his hat. And I could not care less about his size in terms of running ability. Barry Sanders was supposedly 5'9", but that had to be in cleats.

Its very simple. In MY opinion, (mine, not anyone else's), I do not think that QG is starter material because of his inability to effectively keep the passing lanes clear on a pass-blocking responsibilty. This is important. This is not the same as lead blocking on a QB run or a FB run play. D-lineman and linebackers are all over 6 foot and can see over him without havng to jump or guess. They can then time their jump to try and block passes. This presents the problem where he cannot be in the game on all packages, thus giving the defense a key to what type of play is coming. Ideally, you want a HB and FB who can equally catch and block and run well.

If I am wrong, I am wrong. So what, I am wrong all the time. Its just a speculative opinion from a person who has no bearing on what the coaching staff decides. So why do you care if I am wrong?

i hate to disagree but in real time game situations i dont feel that is true, to say Q is a detriment because of his 5'7" height 195# bell is 5'11" four inches dont make much differance to a 6'2 lb or lineman coming in at 6'5 290# the back is just there to give a block so a quick pass can be thrown
            sigpic
            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

It doesn't make any difference who starts at running back. Hearst, Griffin, Anderson or Bell, any will be one of the top two or three backs in the AFC. Shanahan is no doubt the greatest offensive mind in the history of the NFL. He knows how to get the maximum performance out of every player . It's his system, after all, is responsible for creating these talented running backs year after year after year.

Yeah right.... Those three combined are a force to be reckoned with. But singled out... they are nothing special. Bell may be something down the road... but don't expect a Clinton Portis type preformance out of him this year.
              Broncos Suck!

Comment

What do you base that on? Bell is an outstanding RB. He was one of the best RBs in college last year. Why would he not be a great back at the next level?

Who's your team? The Chargers?

My team is the Chiefs...

Bell may be an outstanding RB.... just not this year. Its not often that you can throw a Rookie into a starting roll and have him do great. While he may rush for 1000 yards this season.... I don't think you can expect much more.
                Broncos Suck!

Comment

Seeing that your team is the *****s, that says it all. If Bell wins the job as our #1 back, he'll have 1,500+ yards on the season. Grin and bear it dude.

Donkey fans.... so predictable.

Try and have a conversation and they are clueless. What makes you think that he will just come in and tear up the leauge? Your saying that "IF" he can win the job he will have 1500+.

Anyone else want to have a resonable conversation?
                  Broncos Suck!

Comment

Too much pesimism for me. You must be a closet Faider Fan.
                    So, are you under 14 years old or are you jdslick or blackrazor pretending to be a homeristic Broncos fan? It's got to be one or the other.
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Woods#21
                      Donkey fans.... so predictable.

Try and have a conversation and they are clueless. What makes you think that he will just come in and tear up the leauge? Your saying that "IF" he can win the job he will have 1500+.

Anyone else want to have a resonable conversation?
                      Hey Jerome, don't lump all of us Broncos fans together. Some of us are more realistic than others.
                      ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        Hey Jerome, don't lump all of us Broncos fans together. Some of us are more realistic than others.

I'd like to actually talk some football in here. Not just smack.....
                        Broncos Suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Woods#21
                          I'd like to actually talk some football in here. Not just smack.....
                          Hey, sounds good to me.

How about your Chiefs? Do you think losing John Tait will mess with your offensive line's chemistry? We all know that Gonzalez will kick ass but how much longer do you think Priest will perform at a high level? He's broken the evil 30 year old mark for running backs?
                          ------

Comment

Did anyone see the draft? when denver drafted bell it showed some highlights that I waz amazed by. It showed bell juking left, then spinning out a defender to go the distance. To me, he reminds me of Clinton Portis because of his size and ability. Even though he has been known to fumble, remember Clinton Portis at the beginning of 2002? In the pre-season game against Arizona he fumbled 3 times and an article said "Portis fumbles away starting job". Now look how far he has come. And Chris Mortenson also said that he may be the most explosive back in the draft and that he is perfect for Denver.
                            Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

Comment

You aren't a Real Broncos fan. I'm the real deal.
                              No, I'm thinking you're anti-Broncos pretending to be the ultimate Broncos homer. Jdslick just got banned again and it sounds like something he/you would try.
                              ------

Comment

Whats the news on Bell? Didn't you hear? He just fumbled again.

Comment

Working...
                                X