So whats the news on Bell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bellthebest
    Did anyone see the draft? when denver drafted bell it showed some highlights that I waz amazed by. It showed bell juking left, then spinning out a defender to go the distance. To me, he reminds me of Clinton Portis because of his size and ability. Even though he has been known to fumble, remember Clinton Portis at the beginning of 2002? In the pre-season game against Arizona he fumbled 3 times and an article said "Portis fumbles away starting job". Now look how far he has come. And Chris Mortenson also said that he may be the most explosive back in the draft and that he is perfect for Denver.
    Portis still has a little bit of problem holding onto the football. One thing I would like to see Bell do is gets some gloves on his hands that might help.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

fumbling problem...one cut runner with great speed....

hmmm, sounds like a guy that we just traded away to washington

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

please.................

Originally posted by Jerome Woods#21
        Donkey fans.... so predictable.

Try and have a conversation and they are clueless. What makes you think that he will just come in and tear up the leauge? Your saying that "IF" he can win the job he will have 1500+.

Anyone else want to have a resonable conversation?
        please don't generalize all bronco fans as predictable. you are posting with a bronoco fan not all. we all love our team but some of us can look at our team and know our strengths and weaknesses.
        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

real fan?

Originally posted by broncjoe
          You aren't a Real Broncos fan. I'm the real deal.
          real fans don't question other bronco fans loyalty especially those who have been on this board longer than your whack ass. don't let him phase you jav.

when the season starts we need to back each other up because people come out of evereywhere trying to diss the broncos and you can't question the loyalty of your own fan base.

Comment

1500 yards is highly unlikely for Bell to attain this year, there are just way too many factors involved to predict such a number, as in the fact that there are six other backs vying for a spot as well as others. Granted, he does look like he's got a lot of potential in our system. I looked at the prospect profile of him on our main website from the draft showing him at the senior bowl. Towards the end it showed him slashing to the line, planting, cutting back and exploding through the line, which is exactly our running style. But I'm sorry fellow Bronco fans, a lot of you have been blinded by pride and the performances of Mike Anderson and Clinton Portis. I can almost guarantee that Bell will not be the starter on day one and if at any point down the road he does start, he will no doubt be forced to share carries. 1,000 is a more realistic figure, maybe even 1,200 at the max.

Our running game as a whole though, I can guarantee well over 2,000 yards.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

let it go

Originally posted by mrsolo
              Captain Q-hater strikes again. What PROOF do you have that Shanahan thinks Quentin is unsuitable as a starter. We traded our starting tailback, so we drafted the best available back in the second round. I have an idea, go talk to Mike, ask him if he thinks Q is unsuitable, then have him state that at a press conference, then you'll have your proof. Jeez!

you guys with this q hater stuff have got to let it go. Mr solo training camp will be here in 4 weeks let them prove it on the field. he's not running for president you don't need to campaign for him. you can't over react everytime someone question Q's abilities. if you a q fan from his OK days that's fine but if your a bronco fan your happy when any RB that succeeds in denver no matter who wins the starting position. if your just rooting for q to win and don't care about anybody else getting the starting job then you going to find people here with a difference of opinion. no need to dis one bronco player to make another player look good.

Comment

You aren't a Real Broncos fan. I'm the real deal.
                Are you a bronco fan or a Q-bandwagon hopper?

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

No doubt about that Brooklyn. Like you I want the best man for the job back there. It seems to me that a lot of these Q supports want to ignore is that if Shanahan were completely sold on Griffin, then there was no reason to take a back that high in the draft.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    No doubt about that Brooklyn. Like you I want the best man for the job back there. It seems to me that a lot of these Q supports want to ignore is that if Shanahan were completely sold on Griffin, then there was no reason to take a back that high in the draft.
                    Just wait TX when you see Shanny announce the running back...if it's Bell..then get ready for a lot of Q fans waiting to see Bell fail.

I'm all for whoever win us games.

It's like they were waiting for Portis to fail but he was awesome!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Woods#21
                      My team is the Chiefs...

Bell may be an outstanding RB.... just not this year. Its not often that you can throw a Rookie into a starting roll and have him do great. While he may rush for 1000 yards this season.... I don't think you can expect much more.
                      I have to take exception to this. Was not Portis a rookie and what did he rush for his rookie season? (Over 1500 yards)
                      Was not Terrell a rookie and look at his rushing record. (Over 1100 yards)

Why could not Bell do the same thing? I am not saying he will, I am just saying it could happen.

QG will have to win the job and there will be competition. Bell with his weight and one cut ability is perfect for the Bronco Offense.

Though we will support whomever wins the job. Training camp will be wide open and that will tell the tale....

I don't hate QG, I just want to see him prove himself. I also don't say Bell is going to beat him out. Bell must prove himself also.

Whomever starts we as Bronco fans will support and us real fans do not hate anyone in a Bronco uniform.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

i believe

there should be no rooting for this player or that player to look bad so that another player could succeed. whoever helps the team win i'm for. I was angry a while back and was upset with some of the q loyalist. but I realized that whether q wins the spot or bell, as long as the broncos win i don't care. that what's more important.

Comment

Re: i believe

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                          there should be no rooting for this player or that player to look bad so that another player could succeed. whoever helps the team win i'm for. I was angry a while back and was upset with some of the q loyalist. but I realized that whether q wins the spot or bell, as long as the broncos win i don't care. that what's more important.
                          Damned skippy. I vote for whoever plays the best. The animosity of Quentin versus Bell was rather suprising.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Too much pesimism for me. You must be a closet Faider Fan.
                            HAHAHA LOL

Javalon is definitely no Raider fan. You must be new.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                              HAHAHA LOL

Javalon is definitely no Raider fan. You must be new.
                              Thanks, Jared. I'm glad somebody was able to glean that fact. I was thinking I needed to add some more Bronco stuff to my signature or something.

BTW, I like your Transformer animation. Didn't I hear something about a live action movie coming out? (Not trying to hijack the thread.)
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                                Thanks, Jared. I'm glad somebody was able to glean that fact. I was thinking I needed to add some more Bronco stuff to my signature or something.

BTW, I like your Transformer animation. Didn't I hear something about a live action movie coming out? (Not trying to hijack the thread.)
                                To give credit where credit is due, Dark Knight sent me the link for the animation.

As for the movie, I heard that too. But then again, I have been hearing that since I was 14. I don't know if it will be all new or a re-make of the animated movie, or perhaps a re-make of the 1984 U.S. debut week. They had like 5 or 6 epidodes that were all like a mini-series that introduced the characters and back stories. I remember very well.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                                You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                                X