Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passing game opens..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Passing game opens..

    The passing game opens the running game.. If we can find a goto reciever/TE we will be set. But with the loss of Shannon we won't be able to open the doors for the running game.. I know how much this is true, and my friend said it. And he put out the point, and it was a great point. The point was that Shannon opened our running game last year, and we don't have a TE or reciever to throw to this year. Rod Smith-Old, Ashley Lelie-Unproven, Jed Weaver-hmmm.... As much as I hate to say it, I think John Clayton might of been right for not putting us at top 10...
    sigpic

  • #2
    No, the run game opens the pass game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      No, the run game opens the pass game.
      How do you figure? If they stack the line they can stop the run, if they stack the line and think we are gonna run then we can have an open reciever, then they'll fall back a little then the running game would be open..
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Re: Passing game opens..

        Originally posted by broncjoe
        Rod Smith, Ashley and Watts will be a force. Chamberlain will pick up right where Shannon left off. Jake will be the starting pro bowl QB after his superbowl MVP year.
        Whoa whoa... I know Jake is good, but you can ask anybody, he may be in the superbowl but not starting pro bowler or MVP... And Chamberlain isn't gonna start, Weaver is.. Ask westflbronco26, he talked to Jed.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
          How do you figure? If they stack the line they can stop the run, if they stack the line and think we are gonna run then we can have an open reciever, then they'll fall back a little then the running game would be open..

          This is basic football 101

          The run preceded the forward pass when football was invented.
          When safeties come up for run support it leaves recievers in one on one coverage. This is one of the first things you should learn about the game of football. There are very few offenses that can use the pass to set up the run, Because passing generally are lower percentage plays then running.

          Comment


          • #6
            This could go on and on.....Is it the passing game that opens the running game or vice versa? After you figure this one out, work on the whole "chicken or the egg" question.....
            "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

            Comment


            • #7
              I really dont think that our O is a Top 10 O, we could be if lelie's steps well ,and if a RB show erverything that he knows...


              Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

              |||||Broncos Rulez|||||

              Comment


              • #8
                The run preceded the forward pass when football was invented.
                When safeties come up for run support it leaves recievers in one on one coverage. This is one of the first things you should learn about the game of football. There are very few offenses that can use the pass to set up the run, Because passing generally are lower percentage plays then running.
                but the real question is can your recievers exploit the one on one coverage? cuz if your recievers cant get down the field and catch some balls in one on one your running game will go nowhere. and shanny likes to run the ball and everyone knows that..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Re: Passing game opens..

                  Originally posted by broncjoe
                  Rod Smith, Ashley and Watts will be a force. Chamberlain will pick up right where Shannon left off. Jake will be the starting pro bowl QB after his superbowl MVP year.
                  Whoa, whoa, whoa, nice shooting Tex!!! Let's look at things from a non-homer perspective. What is it with some Broncos fans, they look at things so unrealistically. First off, our running game will be solid as always this year. Secondly, our passing game is going to suffer big time this year without Shannon Sharpe. Anybody who watched the Broncos last year can vouch for the fact that Jake relied HEAVILY on Sharpe to bail him out. Rod and Ashley were barely open last year and I was at 5 Broncos games and can tell you that our passing game struggled even with Sharpe on the team. If Lelie comes out and becomes a force, then I think we'll be OK, but if he is still jittery and dropping everything, we're screwed as an offense. As I look at it, there's not one receiving security blanket for Jake at this current time. Thirdly, Chamberlain is a complete bust as he proved in Minnesota. Regardless, Super Bowl aspirations are way premature with this team. Lastly, you can't rely on a rookie receiver to be a force, unless his name is Randy Moss. Ashley Lelie is the key though. If he becomes our number one threat and breaks out, then we'll be in store for a special year.
                  Last edited by thehoot79; 06-29-2004, 02:36 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Re: Re: Passing game opens..

                    Originally posted by thehoot79
                    Whoa, whoa, whoa, nice shooting Tex!!! Let's look at things from a non-homer perspective. What is it with some Broncos fans, they look at things so unrealistically. First off, our running game will be solid as always this year. Secondly, our passing game is going to suffer big time this year without Shannon Sharpe. Anybody who watched the Broncos last year can vouch for the fact that Jake relied HEAVILY on Sharpe to bail him out. Rod and Ashley were barely open last year and I was at 5 Broncos games and can tell you that our passing game struggled even with Sharpe on the team. If Lelie comes out and becomes a force, then I think we'll be OK, but if he is still jittery and dropping everything, we're screwed as an offense. As I look at it, there's not one receiving security blanket for Jake at this current time. Thirdly, Chamberlain is a complete bust as he proved in Minnesota. Regardless, Super Bowl aspirations are way premature with this team. Lastly, you can't rely on a rookie receiver to be a force, unless his name is Randy Moss. Ashley Lelie is the key though. If he becomes our number one threat and breaks out, then we'll be in store for a special year.
                    Excatly and until then we won't be the #1 offense, Jake won't be the #1 pro bowler/ superbowl MVP.. IF we make it to the superbowl this year it won't be the offense that brought us there it will be the D
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Passing game opens..

                      Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                      The passing game opens the running game.. If we can find a goto reciever/TE we will be set. But with the loss of Shannon we won't be able to open the doors for the running game.. I know how much this is true, and my friend said it. And he put out the point, and it was a great point. The point was that Shannon opened our running game last year, and we don't have a TE or reciever to throw to this year. Rod Smith-Old, Ashley Lelie-Unproven, Jed Weaver-hmmm.... As much as I hate to say it, I think John Clayton might of been right for not putting us at top 10...
                      Ashley Lelie can be a special player... he needs to learn to catch though. Your offense will strugle until he learns, or someone else steps up and takes his spot.
                      Broncos Suck!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Re: Re: Passing game opens..

                        Originally posted by broncjoe
                        Lelie IS a special player. He'll prove it this season. We will have one of the top two or three offenses in the league.

                        Top two or three defenses MAYBE......

                        Offenses you are looking at about 18-20.
                        Broncos Suck!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncjoe
                          DEfense will end up number 1. Offense will be top two or three. 18 to 20? you are out there lost in the sauce dude.


                          I like Jake Plummer.... but who's he going to throw to?? Rod Smith is old with ankle problems. Lellie can't catch a cold. You have no TE. And your running back position is completly unseteled. You will live and die with your defense.
                          Broncos Suck!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncjoe
                            Last season was Jake's first in a new system. He also got injured, missed too much time and didn't get the reps he needed. He's more ready now than he was at this time last season. That's a fact. With his cannon are and super mobility, he'll be unstopable.

                            Shannon's departure is not a good thing, but Chamberlain is more than capeable of dominating linebackers and safeties too.. A bust ia a Viking? Didn't he go to the pro bowl as a Viking? Yea, I thought so. Case closed on that one.

                            Lelie will in fact step up and live up to all his great potential. Watts will show you why Shanny drafted him in the first place.

                            Hearst is going to show you what he can do in a system which compliments him. If he tires, we slam Q or Bell at them. End of story there too.

                            A super bowl is a realistic goal for this team. A super bowl win is a realistic goal for this team. I would say based on our off season pickups, a 14-2 year and home field throughout the playoffs is almost a given. Certainly no worse than 13-3.
                            I am not questioning Jakes talent at all, i'm just saying(coming from a true Bronco fan), that he can not compete with the QBs in the AFC like, Peyton Manning, Steve McNair, Chad Pennington, etc. A breakout year from Ashley would help the Broncos out a lot but not enough. When you got a goto guy that you always look to in the middle of the field always open(Shannon Sharpe) you are great, but then when he is not there anymore you will still be in the habit of looking there and by then he may be on the ground looking at the grass hearing d-linemen say "Like that Jake?" I think Jake will be great, but not a pro bowler.. He'll be a Jake Delhomme and we'll leave it at that.

                            Chamberlain is overweight and won't be able to hold all the slack. I love Byron, but I really don't think he will be the starter. Jed Weaver is the Broncos kind of TE. Although Byron knows Shanny and the playbook(He was an ex-bronco) I still don't think he will do all that good. He made to the pro bowl with the Vikings, ok. But how long ago was that? 4, 5 years? Jed is younger, and IMO more talented.

                            You can't tell me that Lelie "Will in fact" step up. I'd like to see him step up and he probably will. But I still don't think one man running the deep routes and burning CBs will hold Jake to be a pro bowler. Lelie has talent, and usally the 3rd year is the breakout for recievers. But Lelie may have alot of pressure. Maybe too much. He played alot last year and did do alright, til' Jake got injured. But before that he was making long sprint into the end zone. And before Jake got injured we also went 4-0. I think this year would of been breakout for Lelie if Jake would of stayed healthy.

                            I don't know why you all think Hearst will become the starter. He is good, but he is too old. When you got more talented backs like Bell and Griffin that have more potential, you don't put a guy who has no potential in. Hearst will be like a T.D. after T.D. got injured. He will be there to teach, and teach only... How to carry and not fumble, how to break out of the middle and go for a 50 yard run. But whoever is the starter, I think we will get 1,500 yards from whoever it is.

                            Ok we are superbowl caliber, but you are defiently getting way to hyped up for it. And I think you will be in for a major let down. We aren't going to go 13-3, maybe if we didn't have any injuries all year, but were bound to have someone injured. I'd say a division title 11-5 would be the perfect describtion for this team, and I would be happy if we went 11-5 too...
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jerome Woods#21
                              I like Jake Plummer.... but who's he going to throw to?? Rod Smith is old with ankle problems. Lellie can't catch a cold. You have no TE. And your running back position is completly unseteled. You will live and die with your defense.
                              Rod Smith is getting old, but he is still a good reciever, Ashley had a bad season last year, but will breakout this year, we have Byron Chamberlan and Dwayne Carswell, who have both made it to the Pro Bowl...I dont think our offense will be top 2 or 3 but it also wont be 18-20, probably around the 10th offense in the league...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X