Defensive Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Line?

This is probably the only part of the defense that worrys me, the linebackers, I think will do a great job, as will the defensive backs, but if we cant get any pressure on the QB, how are we going to get INT's? We got no pressure on the QB last year, and we have basically the same line, minus one starter...I am not even sure as to who will start on the D-Line...All I know is that pressure on the QB leads to INT's, INT's than lead to more victory's...

So what do all of you think?

With all of the additions this offseason I think there is a great mix of young talent with veteran players who should be able to act as coaches on the field. I think the line will do a much better job this year at getting to the QB.

Plus the upgrade in the secondary should allow for more blitzing.
    Last edited by Pryce4Prez; 06-30-2004, 02:37 AM.

Comment

the line has been upgraded quite a bit depending on how well the players respond. coleman, johnson, and ellis have all shown that they can be very good players if they remain healthy. i'd say the line has no where to go but up.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Two words, Luther Ellis.

Comment

Originally posted by CBailey2404
          Two words, Luther Ellis.
          I have a lot of expectations on Luthur.....I saw him play as a Lion and I think he is pretty good.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
          2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

I hope to see a good job..

Look at this guy!!! He is kicking some asses!!!

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Luther is gunna plug those holes so they dont escape

Comment

I think the D-line will be pretty good this year if some of the old guys like Luther Ellis can stay healthy. But they probably won't be here many years and we need to get some of the young guys to become stars for the future.
                Mat'hir tells the future:

"Gold. He won't be back, he is still mad at Denver." "Nope. Won't happen. If it does, someone put this in their sig and shame me all season."

"I've been sticking with the 8-8 declaration and missing the playoffs" 13-3!

"(Brown's) injury only being 9 months old, and Pryce's spine injury, I think both will contribute little and unfortunately land on IR"

"Gerrard Warren will NEVER, EVER, resign in Denver next season no matter how much money we pay him."

Comment

Man Oguleye is a great players, if we had cap we would pick him, he is great and would put some energy in our DL........

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

Originally posted by Cursive
                    Our Defensive line is absolutely great, Hayward played half the snaps as most other people and had 8.5 sacks, so say did all the snaps or the same, and say it was to come out exact, he'd have 17 sacks and you can't argue with results.
                    That seems logical. But why would the Broncos only play him half the snaps if he was tearing it up? I hope you're right, though, because we need a good pass rush.
                    "You can't take the sky from me..."
                    ------
                    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      That seems logical. But why would the Broncos only play him half the snaps if he was tearing it up? I hope you're right, though, because we need a good pass rush.

Agree

|||||Broncos Rulez|||||

Comment

It's hard to have a motor for a d-lineman when you're being double-teamed the whole game. There are exceptions of course, but still.

Reggie Hayward should come up big; he played less than 50% (or was it 30%?) of the snaps last year and came up with 8.5 sacks. Reminds me of that DE on the Colts. Luther Ellis, out of the new lineman, should be the greatest contributor.

And like someone else mentioned: our secondary is (much) better, allowing us to blitz more often as we can put Bailey out on an island, have a safety put out a coverage-cushion helping Walls/Herndon, while two or three linebackers blitz.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                        - Carl Sagan

Comment

Working...
                        X