Mike Shanahan (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
    Ok, I'll compare them to the Patriots. Who is the ONLY team in the NFL to have a winning record against them since their Super Bowl wins started. Take a trip over to the Smack forum and see how much we are hated in Patriot Nation because they just can't beat us. But that all doesn't matter right??

How about this.....we went to a total of 6 SB's.....it wasn't until Shanahan that we won one. Elway demanded Shanny....coinkidink?

Who cares if we can beat the Patriots? We certainly can't beat the Colts, which more than evens out that mostly insignificant accomplishment.

And even if we do constantly beat the Pats, they have 3 Super Bowl wins and the most playoff wins in that span. How's Mike Shanahan doing in that department since Elway retired?

And Mike Shanahan is proving more and more that he can't get it done without Elway. So, as much as he got Elway over the hump, it would appear Elway returned the favor.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by richardthebronco View Post
      shanahan is living off of the JOHN ELWAY ERA how many guys get to last this long off of past performance that was NINE YEARS AGO !!!!!! he has struggled in building a team because he BUSTED ON A LOT OF DRAFT PICKS AND FREE AGENTS !!!!! BOWLEN lets him get away with it because he worships shanny !!! You can bet NONE OF SHANNY'S PLAYERS LIVE OFF OF PAST PERFORMANCE....... ONLY HIM.bowlen is quoted as saying that denver bronco fans demand the best and expect the team to be super bowl contenders every year. That being the case why dosen't he get his head out of his butt or off the bottle, and bring in a NEW GM (sundquist is an averege gm) a brand new young promising head coach and a TOP DRAWER DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR !! I DOUBT THIS WILL HAPPEN BECAUSE BOWLEN IS MARRIED TO SHANNY AND IS NOT CAPABLE OF MAKING THE HARD TOUGH DECISIONS THAT WILL MAKE THE FRANCHISE BETTER, BOWLEN SUCKS !!!!
      Complain, complain, complain, complain. I am not downing your opinion about Shany, but your going way over the top.:nono:

Comment

• Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
        The Patriots in the same span have a .64 winning percentage.

Mike Shanahan and the Broncos? .59.

Don't try to argue stats with me, PAL - you'll lose each and every time.
        Head to head, PAL. Why the animosity? Wow, cool yourself down there bucko....wouldn't want you having a coronary.

The Patriots also have the Spygate in their corner.

There isn't anything to lose. I have my opinions, you have yours.

You might as well turn the Broncos off for the rest of the season, they aren't living up to YOUR high standards.
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

The Patriots in the same span have a .64 winning percentage.

Mike Shanahan and the Broncos? .59.

Don't try to argue stats with me, PAL - you'll lose each and every time.
          hahahaha, so the difference between being "average" and great is...
          .5%?!?

Not to mention the Broncos have beaten the Patriots in "every game that matters"

Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed that!!

Comment

Head to head, PAL. Why the animosity? Wow, cool yourself down there bucko....wouldn't want you having a coronary.

The Patriots also have the Spygate in their corner.

There isn't anything to lose. I have my opinions, you have yours.

You might as well turn the Broncos off for the rest of the season, they aren't living up to YOUR high standards.
            I guess I assumed you were trying to be smarmy by calling me 'buddy'.

Silly me ...
            sigpic

Comment

I guess I assumed you were trying to be smarmy by calling me 'buddy'.

Silly me ...
              No, if you go through half my posts, I call a lot of people buddy, it isn't derogatory in the least.

You know what they say about ass-u-me.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                hahahaha, so the difference between being "average" and great is...
                .5%?!?

Not to mention the Broncos have beaten the Patriots in "every game that matters"

Thanks for the laugh this morning, I needed that!!
                Just like in baseball when there's a huge difference between a .300 hitter and a .350 hitter, there is HUGE difference between .59 and .64 winning percentage in football, especially when you factor in the Patriots Super Bowl and playoff wins in that span.
                sigpic

Comment

Who cares if we can beat the Patriots? We certainly can't beat the Colts, which more than evens out that mostly insignificant accomplishment.

And even if we do constantly beat the Pats, they have 3 Super Bowl wins and the most playoff wins in that span. How's Mike Shanahan doing in that department since Elway retired?

And Mike Shanahan is proving more and more that he can't get it done without Elway. So, as much as he got Elway over the hump, it would appear Elway returned the favor.
                  How many SB's did Dungy win without Manning? Belicheck without Brady?

This game is fun!

Comment

No, if you go through half my posts, I call a lot of people buddy, it isn't derogatory in the least.

You know what they say about ass-u-me.
                    Ok, fair enough. I apologize for my repsonse then.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just like in baseball when there's a huge difference between a .300 hitter and a .350 hitter, there is HUGE difference between .59 and .64 winning percentage in football, especially when you factor in the Patriots Super Bowl and playoff wins in that span.

And the cameras on the sidelines and the messups with the radio frequencies. You don't find it the least bit strange that as average as the Broncos are (your words, not mine) they somehow find a way to beat the Patriots (God's team) every single time?

Comment

How many SB's did Dungy win without Manning? Belicheck without Brady?

This game is fun!
                        Exactly.

A head coach is typically only as good as his quarterback (or at least, as good as the quarterback that runs his system). I guess it must be the GMs fault then for not giving Shanahan a decent QB in which to replace Elway...

Oh, wait - the GM is Mike Shanahan!

You're right, this game is fun!

*It should also be noted, that Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Brian Billick, and John Gruden have all won Super Bowls without Hall of Fame Quarterbacks.
                        sigpic

Comment

Exactly.

A head coach is typically only as good as his quarterback (or at least, as good as the quarterback that runs his system). I guess it must be the GMs fault then for not giving Shanahan a decent QB in which to replace Elway...

Oh, wait - the GM is Mike Shanahan!

You're right, this game is fun!

*It should also be noted, that Bill Parcells, Joe Gibbs, Brian Billick, and John Gruden have all won Super Bowls without Hall of Fame Quarterbacks.
                          So what QB has Mike passed up on that was available in the meantime?

It's easy to criticize, let's see what you would have done differently.

Comment

There's too many to name, depending on what Shanahan was willing to give up to trade for a QB that could have gotten this team over the hump in the past 9 seasons.

BTW, you seemingly ignored the last part of that post.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes! It's really, really hard to be a consistently good team in the NFL. The Broncos were a really strong power in the NFL for quite a while and now they're not. How he/they rebounds from this will determine his fate. I think that it was either Madden, Walsh or Landry, (can't remember which), who said that the lifespan of a head coach in the NFL was 10 years. This is, what, Shanahan's 12th season with the Broncos or something like that? Not many coaches have lasted that long with one team, that's something to be recognized and respected.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLVR and Black View Post
                                Yes! It's really, really hard to be a consistently good team in the NFL. The Broncos were a really strong power in the NFL for quite a while and now they're not. How he/they rebounds from this will determine his fate. I think that it was either Madden, Walsh or Landry, (can't remember which), who said that the lifespan of a head coach in the NFL was 10 years. This is, what, Shanahan's 12th season with the Broncos or something like that? Not many coaches have lasted that long with one team, that's something to be recognized and respected.
                                And also something to be concerned about, given that Shanahan has only produced one truly memorable season and one playoff victory since Elway retired.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X