Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mojo0730
    replied
    Bump, because I think we need to merge all the Shanahan threads into this one.

(Not that I have an ego or anything )

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    What does this have to do with the price of tea in China?

Originally posted by dprbroncos View Post
    This is the problem, Shany hired a pretender!

Jim Bates (July 21, 1941–) is a former American Democratic politician.
    After graduating high school in the Denver area, Bates joined the United States Marine Corps in 1959, and served in the Corps until 1963. Relocating to San Diego, Bates became a banker and later a businessman in the aerospace industry.

Bates was accused in October 1988 of making sexual advances toward female members of his staff. Bates scoffed that the accusations were part of a Republican smear campaign, but also apologized for any offense he may have caused to his female staffers. As the story had not developed very far by the time of the election, Bates went on to become a top coach in the Pop Warner League, specializing in defensive schemes.

You were saying something about a "Smear campaign"?......

Leave a comment:

• ROCKIES
    replied
    "We've gotta allot of work to do!"...Shanahan's favorite post game statement since week 2 of pre-season. :paper:

Leave a comment:

• dprbroncos
    replied
    Did Shany review Bates Resume?

This is the problem, Shany hired a pretender!

Jim Bates (July 21, 1941–) is a former American Democratic politician.
    After graduating high school in the Denver area, Bates joined the United States Marine Corps in 1959, and served in the Corps until 1963. Relocating to San Diego, Bates became a banker and later a businessman in the aerospace industry.

Bates was accused in October 1988 of making sexual advances toward female members of his staff. Bates scoffed that the accusations were part of a Republican smear campaign, but also apologized for any offense he may have caused to his female staffers. As the story had not developed very far by the time of the election, Bates went on to become a top coach in the Pop Warner League, specializing in defensive schemes.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDuane
    replied
    Mike Shanahan is all Washed up! All good things come to an end.

No more reasons or excuses for the Broncos, Mike is all washed up. All good things come to an end. He is a great coach but it's time for him to move on. The Broncos need a change and I think it's time. Mike is starting to become nothing more then a whiner. We need some new young blood that isn't scared and has some balls. Jay Cutler is great and young coach would do wonders for the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Bill Cowher is the best canidate. But Pat loves Mike so unless he retires on his own we won't see any good coaches to replace him or maybe they can coax Pete Carroll
    Do not pin hopes on 'Pat loves him', Pat loves a lot of people. He is friends with Jerry Jones and other owners as well as with Dan Reeves and many of the Texans Organization, let alone too many others. Pat fired a friend in Reeves because Pat thought Elway was more valuable compared to a coach who had post conference championship winning problems! There it is, it did hamper their friendship for a while but they are tight again. Also Reeves and Elway produced more AFC Championships then Shanahan has with way more time, we got two Superbowl championships, but Reeves had a better overall post-season record and he got canned!

More or less, I think Bowlen will hold on till he has enough. It never stopped him before!

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    Originally posted by lex View Post
    Whom would you replace Shanahan with?
    Bill Cowher is the best canidate. But Pat loves Mike so unless he retires on his own we won't see any good coaches to replace him or maybe they can coax Pete Carroll

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by stnzed View Post
    Sounds like you do need some new crud to swallow!

Take care of yourself, Lancane!
    Hahaha...one good thing is I was unable to watch some of the more horrid highlights of my favorite team! I probably would have had a heart attack. I did not get to see a game until Indy and after the third quarter I had to turn it off! LMAO

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Well that kinda puts it all into perspective....

Originally posted by lancane View Post
    I agree, Cowher would be someone I would be stoked to hear take the job, he has gusto. But like Shanahan he has had his ups and downs, and in the same breath...you can only give a coach so much rope to hang himself! I say let Shanahan ride the year, if at the end we are in worse shape, well then I may agree it is time to go with Cowher. Carroll I think is to systematic, he could be good or bad and either way it will effect the whole of the team in which ever direction the team goes. Marty, I can see why people are talking about him, look how good the Chargers were with him and even they are 2-3.

But it may be time for a change, I love Shanahan and what he has done. However, you can only swallow some of the same crud before your eventually ill from it!

And as for me, well I was hospitalized. I got real sick and they thought I was having a heart attack, but it was a severe internal infection and I have been resting for a while to get healthy again!

Sounds like you do need some new crud to swallow!

Take care of yourself, Lancane!

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    That sucks lancane.

Welcome back, though! I'm glad you're better now.
    Thanks Amigo!

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    And as for me, well I was hospitalized. I got real sick and they thought I was having a heart attack, but it was a severe internal infection and I have been resting for a while to get healthy again!

That sucks lancane.

Welcome back, though! I'm glad you're better now.

Leave a comment:

• lancane
    replied
    You know me, I will never argue that Shanahan should be in charge of personel decisions, but a coach has to be able to choose his own staff. This has worked for Holmgren, it can work for Shanahan.

And if Shanahan has run out of his patience grace period, then Cowher should have run out of his long before he won a SB.

And some of these candidates people have come up with are ridiculous.

Shottenheimer has won nothing compared to Shanahan's SB's.
    Cowher would make sense, but he's the only legitimate candidate for what will be as much as 6 or 7 coaching jobs.
    Cooordinators?....Position coaches?
    And of all the college HC's named, nobody has even mentioned Pete Carroll.

Btw, where in the hell have you been?...
    I agree, Cowher would be someone I would be stoked to hear take the job, he has gusto. But like Shanahan he has had his ups and downs, and in the same breath...you can only give a coach so much rope to hang himself! I say let Shanahan ride the year, if at the end we are in worse shape, well then I may agree it is time to go with Cowher. Carroll I think is to systematic, he could be good or bad and either way it will effect the whole of the team in which ever direction the team goes. Marty, I can see why people are talking about him, look how good the Chargers were with him and even they are 2-3.

But it may be time for a change, I love Shanahan and what he has done. However, you can only swallow so much of the same crud before your eventually ill from it!

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    You know me, I will never argue that Shanahan should be in charge of personel decisions, but a coach has to be able to choose his own staff. This has worked for Holmgren, it can work for Shanahan.

And if Shanahan has run out of his patience grace period, then Cowher should have run out of his long before he won a SB.

Cowher would make sense, but he's the only legitimate candidate for what will be as much as 6 or 7 coaching jobs.

I think people need to remember that the biggest difference between Cowher and Shanahan is that Cowher didn't have the personnel control that Shanahan has.

In essence, that is the biggest problem I see with Shanahan in Denver right now.

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    I agree with you Stnzed, but I do not at the same time. He deserves some patience, but the question is how much? He was the OC with the 49ers when they went to the Super Bowl and won, but how much was Walsh? Shanahan did not build that team, he built the quarterback somewhat as he did here with Elway. But same for in Denver when he took over, did he build the team? Some yes, but not all...many key elements were in place.

Maybe, just maybe it is time to yank all personel and staffing decisions away and let him be just a coach! If that does not work, then replace him!

You know me, I will never argue that Shanahan should be in charge of personel decisions, but a coach has to be able to choose his own staff (Although I have always questioned the logic of a former pro LB coaching the o-line). This has worked for Holmgren, it can work for Shanahan.

Last edited by stnzed; 10-07-2007, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    Bill Cowher would pretty much be the only hire that would soothe my anger over firing Shanahan. If you're going to fire a coach like Mike Shanahan, you better do it with someone who's a proven winner. I do not support firing Mike Shanahan, but I will admit that a couple of hours ago, I wasn't opposed to the idea.
    And I guarantee you with the 'Marty' chants in the stands today, that Pat Bowlen is feeling the same way - he doesn't necessarily like or support the idea of firing Shanahan, but he may not be as opposed to it as he was before the game, either.

I think Shanahan is a great coach, but it's clear this team has no chemistry whatsoever. I keep hearing of all this talent we have, but we have shown virtually none of it so far. He's just not cutting it as GM, and because you can't have one without the other, what do you do? You either keep with him and hope he gets lucky, or you go a different direction.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X