Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever met a Denver Bronco in person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever met a Denver Bronco in person?

Just a nice little question that popped into my head. I've been fortunate enough to meet 2 Broncos players in person. When I was in 3rd or 4th grade and living in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Tyrone Braxton visited our school to give a speech and show his face. I was a kid, so I was too shy to really talk with him, but I did say hi.

The second Bronco I met, wasn't actually a Bronco at the time I met him. He became one later. I was on a flight to a New Year's Eve concert in Phoenix about 5 years ago and I was reading a Sports Illustrated. This big black dude was sitting next to me and I just assumed he played sports, but I didn't know who he was. I had forgotten the national championship game was in Phoenix that year between Tennessee and Florida State. I turned to a page in my SI that talked about Peerless Price and a guy named Al Wilson. The big gentleman next to me said to me, "Hey that's me." Referring to Al Wilson of course. I chatted with Al about football, Peerless Price, and the championship game for about 5 or 10 minutes. Little did I know that several months and years later, he'd get drafted by Denver and become the force he is today. Regardless, he was a really nice guy and I'll never forget that.

My sister met Romanowski's brother about 3 years ago and she thought he was a bit crazy. What a surprise!!

So......Who have you guys met?

i've been in pat bowlen and shanny's homes.

when i lived in denver i worked for a upscale gift store in cherry creek. they would call in and buy something, and on my way home from work i would deliver it.

i've also been in phil anschutz's home.

Comment

Hoot,

What constitutes in meeting them? Just talking to them, getting an autograph signed, talking for more than 5 minutes with them?
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
        Hoot,

What constitutes in meeting them? Just talking to them, getting an autograph signed, talking for more than 5 minutes with them?
        Well, I'd say if you said at least a sentence to them and received a response that would be considered meeting them. Just getting an autograph with no talking wouldn't really be considered meeting someone in my opinion. Either way, doesn't matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by thehoot79
          Well, I'd say if you said at least a sentence to them and received a response that would be considered meeting them. Just getting an autograph with no talking wouldn't really be considered meeting someone in my opinion. Either way, doesn't matter to me.
          O.K. Well living in Colorado most of my life and going to the training camps in Greeley and now in Denver and also going to a lot of Bronco Functions my family and I have met quite a few Bronco Players.

Most noted, John Elway, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, Ed M, Karl Mecklenbug, and Steve Atwater. We see Steve Sewell quite a bit also with the Bronco Bunch and Dan Neil. oh course Mike Shanahan... I have some friends whose sister married Rich Karlis.

Too many to count, but I have been a Bronco fanatic for a long time and try to attend a lot of functions.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Mike Shanahan, Jake Plummer, David Treadwell, Steve Atwater, Sammy Winder are about all I think.

Comment

Working...
            X