Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

"People use Barry Sanders and Quentin Griffin in the same breath, and I think he has that type of talent."

Apples to oranges is you ask me... I don't think he will be as good as Barry...
    Last edited by ozzy_osbourne; 07-01-2004, 01:02 PM.
    Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Hmmmm.....That is interesting though....Nice compliment, but still interesting....Only time will tell whether it happens or not....
    "If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

Comment

Well, if he is correct, the Broncos are in good shape at RB.

Comment

Re: Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
        "People use Barry Sanders and Quentin Griffin in the same breath, and I think he has that type of talent."

funny stuff . . . I thought this was a sports board, not comedy central . . .

Comment

Re: Re: Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

Originally posted by duaneok66
          Damn, you don't let up. He's paying Q a compliment. He said "type of talent". He didn't say "Q is every bit as good as Barry" or even that he will ever be as good. The running style is there. The quick cuts and elusiveness is the same "type". If you don't agree, that's fine. Just please, please let up with the sarcasm.
          I'm Sooner born and Sooner bred and when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Nebraska's new quarter with the Sooner Schooner running right over the state of Nebraska. A sign of things to come? =)

Comment

Re: Re: Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

Originally posted by duaneok66

not my words or my thoughts... but I still don't think he has the same kind of talent as Barry...
            Ozzy

The "New Black Sabbath"

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

Originally posted by mrsolo
              Damn, you don't let up. He's paying Q a compliment. He said "type of talent". He didn't say "Q is every bit as good as Barry" or even that he will ever be as good. The running style is there. The quick cuts and elusiveness is the same "type". If you don't agree, that's fine. Just please, please let up with the sarcasm.
              He can't help himself.
              Once a hater, always a hater.
              The hat only fits one way.
              If the shoe fits, wear it.
              etc.....

If Q were to break the season's rushing record, he'd just ridicule the opposition's defense. Or the weather was a factor. Or the moon was full.

As far as the article goes, I agree that it in no way says he'll be as good as Barry.....rather, runs in the same fashion.
              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Q and Barry

It is a great compliment and Q has great potential. Let him start for a few seasons and the answer will come on the field. With the strong defense being built, can you imagine if any of the RBs run like Barry used to???

Comment

Also think about what that will do for Q. It'll be a massive morale booster for him (although it is phrased in a way that, if he isn't too dumb, it won't inflate his ego to Owens proportions)
                  sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Re: #44

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                    what has the 'Puppet' shown he knows anyway?
                    What does Newsome have to do with this thread?
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Re: #44

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                      Maybe not Barry....but maybe a modern-day Floyd Little, which would not be too bad either....

...But I discount anything Sudquist says....what has the 'Puppet' shown he knows anyway?
                      Like Newsome makes any moves without the approval of Billick and Modell. I believe it was Billick who wanted to bring in TO. Nic move. He didn't want be on that second rate receiving corp, can't say I blame him either.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I've never heard anyone say that Q is as talented as Sanders, that he is "the next Sanders" or anything like that. What HAS been said, and is true, is that Q runs LIKE Sanders. He has amazing body control. The way he stops, starts and changes direction is incredible.

I'm to lazy to check, but I believe Q is only an inch shorter than Sanders, so they have size in common, too (if I remember corrrectly).

Personally, when I think of that comparison the first thing that comes to mind is that Sanders had more negative yardage plays than any back in the history of the NFL. That's a problem that is unavoidable with that style of running. Barry was talented enough to overcome it. Is Q?

I do remember similar statements about Dante Hall last year, especially after his run back against Denver. Yet no one is bashing Dante over those remarks.
                        Sportsblog.org -- ThePostgame.com -- Bronczilla.blogspot.com

Comment

UGH, i remember that run back against Denver in Week 4 if they just called one of the 12309128301283012 clips that occured... just one.....
                          Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

Comment

Re: Re: #44

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Like Newsome makes any moves without the approval of Billick and Modell. I believe it was Billick who wanted to bring in TO. Nic move. He didn't want be on that second rate receiving corp, can't say I blame him either.
                            The eagles and the ravens WR's were in the same bolt they both sucked, the ravens had the better TE and RB, while the eagles have a good O-line. Its a win win situation either way you look at it, he'll be the #1 WR no matter which team he would've went to.
                            sigpic
                            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Broncos GM Ted Sundquist, to Mile High Sports Magazine:

Originally posted by rcsodak
                              He can't help himself.
                              Once a hater, always a hater.
                              The hat only fits one way.
                              If the shoe fits, wear it.
                              etc.....

If Q were to break the season's rushing record, he'd just ridicule the opposition's defense. Or the weather was a factor. Or the moon was full.

As far as the article goes, I agree that it in no way says he'll be as good as Barry.....rather, runs in the same fashion.

No he'd probaby say he just runs in the same direction.

RC some of these folks are just haters because they were beat by their mommies. Abused by their older sisters, nuns cracked their knukles with ruler.

Remember he is to short, to small and only runs a 4.37-4.4 40 depending on which report you wish to beleive.

Christ, some folks would not be happy with him if he ran for 2500 yards.

Comment

Working...
                              X