No announcement yet.

Brandon Marshall trashes fans!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You people can sit there and say "If I was there I wouldn't boo" or "If I wasn't there I wouldn't leave early". You know what? You weren't there, so leave it at that.

Who the heck are you people to say how fans should and should not behave? It is their choice and right to boo. It doesn't make them any less of fans. So stop acting smug and superior. People vent their frustrations in different ways. I choose not to boo my team, but don't think the guy next to me is less of a fan because he chooses to boo. He is the guy that is forking the money out to be at every game, rain/shine, cold/hot, good/bad. He is the guy that will be there week after next to cheer the Broncos on as they play against Pittsburgh.

The Broncos put an inferior team on the field. A team that showed no heart or desire to be DENVER'S team. It was pathetic.

The fans didn't give up on the team, the team gave up on the fans. Give us something to cheer about and we will cheer. Not a game that you decide to mail in. I was there. We were ready to cheer. We were cheering. Even down 14-0. Still cheering. 17-0, still cheering. You expect people to cheer and get excited when their team is showing no heart and getting their butts whooped up and down the field? Please.

Stop the conservative playcalling...especially when you are getting your butt handed to you.

Show some emotions. I saw Bronco players on the sideline smiling and acting like nothing was out of the ordinary. Why should fans care, when the players don't? I want a team that cares that they are getting embarrassed in their own house. I want players who are proud to wear Orange and Blue and who take losses seriously.

Comment

• I remember a thread on this very subject last season. I really don't care what other people do while at the game, I'm there to have a good time and watch some Broncos football. If fans want to boo than so be it, I have no control over that. There is however one thing that I won't tolerate and that would be loose mouthed druken idiots who have no consideration for the people around them.

I've been to my fair share of games both good and bad. There have been times where I've booed and hey guess what? I'm still as passonite about the Broncos as I was before the boos came out. If you think I'm less of a fan for displaying my discontent for sub par play than so be it. Just remember this, opinions are like A#@**les, everyone has one and they all stink.

Marshall spoke his opinion and now we are speaking ours. If you Boo, you Boo, if you don't, you don't pretty simple really. There isn't one right way to cheer or uncheer (If that's a word?) for your professional team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
        Have you ever seen booing in a workplace? If you have, its one of the most classless companies to work for.

Have you ever been booed at your workplace? If your an employee in a company, would you really appreciate being publically booed by those who are above you and "pay your salary" every week?
        This is your "argument"? Really? Of course, I've never booed one of my employees. Of course, I've never gone to the mayor and booed in his face. Each person receives the expression of my displeasure in different ways. It depends on the context. Exactly how am I supposed to have a nice heart-to-heart chat with Brandon Marshall? Is he going to show up for townhall meetings or come into my office?

The clever man delivers reasonable, rational, and sometimes irrefutable arguments. The wise man understands the futility of reasonable, rational, and irrefutable arguments. I'm neither wise, nor, I suspect, very clever.

Comment

• I flew in from Eastern South Dakota for this game. This was my first game at Invesco. I sat 3 rows from Pat Bowlen's box. I could turn around and see him with his hands over his face a few times. Some fans were even yelling trash talk at Bowlen.

I stayed for the entire game. I booed the Chargers, but not the Broncos. I personally would not boo the Broncos, but you know what. These are professional athletes. They are not pop-warner or high school players. They are getting paid millions of dollars to play a GAME.
          They should understand the fan's frustrations and hence the booing. I don't feel one bit sorry for their FEELINGS.
          They should be embarrassed by their performance, and not worry about the boos. Shanahan said all the right things, Marshall was just stupid. Don't fumble the [email protected]#@ing ball, and do your job.
          As for people leaving. I don't blame them one bit. I stayed for the entire game, but it was rainning and the game was so far over. Do you actually blame people for leaving? I don't. These werent fair weather fains that were leaving from my area. These people have had season tickets since the 1960's. They have been through it all.
          I love my Broncos and will continue to support them, but if people want to boo when they get manhandled that way, I support them.

I believe we will get better. But we are going through some growing pains.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlewis76 View Post
            I flew in from Eastern South Dakota for this game. This was my first game at Invesco. I sat 3 rows from Pat Bowlen's box. I could turn around and see him with his hands over his face a few times. Some fans were even yelling trash talk at Bowlen.

I stayed for the entire game. I booed the Chargers, but not the Broncos. I personally would not boo the Broncos, but you know what. These are professional athletes. They are not pop-warner or high school players. They are getting paid millions of dollars to play a GAME.
            They should understand the fan's frustrations and hence the booing. I don't feel one bit sorry for their FEELINGS.
            They should be embarrassed by their performance, and not worry about the boos. Shanahan said all the right things, Marshall was just stupid. Don't fumble the [email protected]#@ing ball, and do your job.
            As for people leaving. I don't blame them one bit. I stayed for the entire game, but it was rainning and the game was so far over. Do you actually blame people for leaving? I don't. These werent fair weather fains that were leaving from my area. These people have had season tickets since the 1960's. They have been through it all.
            I love my Broncos and will continue to support them, but if people want to boo when they get manhandled that way, I support them.

I believe we will get better. But we are going through some growing pains.
            Great post and perspective. Must of been a long ride back huh? Hopefully we have more good things to talk about in the future as Broncos fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE View Post
              Marshall spoke his opinion and now we are speaking ours. If you Boo, you Boo, if you don't, you don't pretty simple really. There isn't one right way to cheer or uncheer (If that's a word?) for your professional team.
              Actually there is a wrong way to cheer, thats what brandon was saying all along

"If you're gonna be a broncos fan, then be a broncos fan"

Booing make you less of fan, for that particular time anyway. You may still be as passionate as the next fan after you're done, but during the booing session all you're doing is reverse support, making them feel even worse/more angry about their performance than they obviously already do. How can you support an argument for passion when your booing. Booing is like yelling out, "we'd like to publically embarrass you guys for a few minuets!!!!!"

Yes you're less of a fan

Now fair-weather fans are different, i dont consider you that just cause you boo, or leave early. It just menas you're not as faithful in the comback as others, which is something different. I'm one of the most faithful people here(as far as believeing in the comeback ask anybody), but i probably would have left that game early too. But booing is public embarrassment and there inst a need for that. Yes, you have a right to do it, but dont be mad it you get criticized for it by the players.
              Last edited by Return of Lava; 10-09-2007, 03:02 PM.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Actually there is a wrong way to cheer, thats what brandon was saying all along

"If you're gonna be a broncos fan, then be a broncos fan"

Booing make you less of fan, for that particular time anyway. You may still be as passionate as the next fan after you're done, but during the booing session all you're doing is reverse support, making them feel even worse/more angry about their performance than they obviously already do. How can you support an argument for passion when your booing. Booing is like yelling out, "we'd like to publically embarrass you guys for a few minuets!!!!!"

Yes you're less of a fan
                Thanks for your opinion, as stinky as it may be.:doh: I'm not going to argue my stand on how much of a fan I am nor do I need to because I know where my loyalty sits. I've always been a fan, always will be. Nuff said.

Comment

• Originally posted by ORANGE&BLUETRUE View Post
                  Thanks for your opinion, as stinky as it may be.:doh: I'm not going to argue my stand on how much of a fan I am nor do I need to because I know where my loyalty sits. I've always been a fan, always will be. Nuff said.
                  nobody is questioning you being a fan, and nobody questions your right to boo, but just understand if you do, you're not in the good graces of the players like brandon or guru's like myself, we go hand in hand.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

nobody is questioning you being a fan, and nobody questions your right to boo, but just understand if you do, you're not in the good graces of the players like brandon or guru's like myself, we go hand in hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dbroncosfan View Post
                      Channel 4 interviewed him and he said we are non classy for booing and that we are bandwagon fans for the broncos and the rockies. OUCH!

I dont know about you guys but i dont like paying 100 dollars to watch a sorry effort..
                      Really and truly you fans are terrible! im from toronto and i have never seen so mmuch disrespect...true fans will cheer until the team gets there rythm back, who knows if the fans gave encougement instead of discouragement maybe the players would have been inspired to go down with dignity. he was right...i guess you have to be in the situation to understand, ppl need encouragement to get back in their groove, thats the difference between playin at home and away.

Comment

• OFF the deep end again!

Originally posted by Return of Lava View Post
                        Have you ever seen booing in a workplace? If you have, its one of the most classless companies to work for.

Have you ever been booed at your workplace? If your an employee in a company, would you really appreciate being publically booed by those who are above you and "pay your salary" every week?
                        You of course have taken this to another level like you always do. The minute that 60,000 people come and see me fix and inspect a plane and I mess up I deserve to get booed . Firepeople,doctors,construction workers,teachers,policepeople etc, do not have an audience of 60,000 people watch them perform thier jobs in a staduim once a week for 5 to 6 months out of the year nor do they get paid milllions of dollars to do it. Nobody likes to get booed but for several million dollars a year I think i can handle some booing when I played poorly. He should thank god that he has bless him with good enough talent to be a professional NFL player and with the good comes the bad. Pro athletes are like any other celebrity in this country. there is a price for fame and with all the glory that comes with catching that game winning TD so comes the disappointments that come with messing up and being responsible for it.

When Thousands upon thousands of people come and watch me fix planes I'll tell you if i like booing or not at my job untill then there is no comparison.
                        Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

• Originally posted by sui generis View Post
                          Really and truly you fans are terrible! im from toronto and i have never seen so mmuch disrespect...true fans will cheer until the team gets there rythm back, who knows if the fans gave encougement instead of discouragement maybe the players would have been inspired to go down with dignity. he was right...i guess you have to be in the situation to understand, ppl need encouragement to get back in their groove, thats the difference between playin at home and away.
                          true fans show all types of emotion. who are you to judge anybody? Who made you god's gift to fandom? We are human beings not robots. why do we have to watch what we say and act cause big brother bronco fan will tell us we are not true fans. Peoples emotions ranges from happines to sadness, to disbelief and then anger. all those emotions can happen in 1 qt of a game. I'm tired of this holier than thou attitude people have taken with this board. You can root any way you want for you team.

Lava, you have every right to your opinion it's yours you own it but that's just it, it's yours. You seem to be passing judgement on those who do boo like your sanctified and that's what I have a problem. same thing goes with the writer of this post. I think your a robot who likes the punishment of watching thier team get taken to the woodshed. Is that a fair assessment of you?
                          No. i don't know you from adam but by judging others you will get judged yourself and that's what this board has become, a board of judgemental people. let's stop with the labeling and stop judging those who might act or react different than you. Nobody here commited a heinous crime for booing so lets take it down a notch with than character knocks:"less than a fan" BS.
                          Last edited by bklynbronco; 10-10-2007, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Brandon Marshall, the guy who FUMBLED to kill our one decent drive? Brandon Marshall, whose FUMBLE completely surrendered the momentum to the dischargers?

It was a humiliating loss, and our boys looked fundamentally bad, but Marshall has more culpability than a lot of the team does for this loss. Jay zipped him as perfect a pass as you can get, and thats what he did with it. Good work, "B. Marsh".

This idea of blindly supporting the team to the bitter end is straight-up pathetic. The Broncos had left that game in the 3rd quarter, along with everybody else.

"Bandwagon fans"...doesn't a team have to be GOOD to have bandwagoners?

Just work on keeping that ball tucked, homeboy.
                            sigpic

TZ

Comment

• Originally posted by #28 View Post
                              Brandon Marshall, the guy who FUMBLED to kill our one decent drive? Brandon Marshall, whose FUMBLE completely surrendered the momentum to the dischargers?

It was a humiliating loss, and our boys looked fundamentally bad, but Marshall has more culpability than a lot of the team does for this loss. Jay zipped him as perfect a pass as you can get, and thats what he did with it. Good work, "B. Marsh".

This idea of blindly supporting the team to the bitter end is straight-up pathetic. The Broncos had left that game in the 3rd quarter, along with everybody else.

"Bandwagon fans"...doesn't a team have to be GOOD to have bandwagoners?

Just work on keeping that ball tucked, homeboy.
                              Good post. #28 agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X