X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stnzed
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak View Post
    Cutler reminds me of Dopey, from the 7 dwarfs.

He shows ZERO fire.
    He shows ZERO motivation.

He mopes around on the sideline, just staring into space.
    He mopes onto the field, when it's the offense's turn.

If the leader of the offense can't show some zest for the game, how in the HELL do you expect the REST of the team to?

All I know, is everytime he goes to make a pass, I'm holding my breath! *sound familiar?*

No disrespect, rc, but it appears like you're looking for a reason to not like the kid.

His demeaner on the sideline isn't any different than any other QB in the league.....
    Last edited by stnzed; 10-14-2007, 01:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• I_Only_Like_Jay
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak View Post

He shows ZERO fire.

If the leader of the offense can't show some zest for the game, how in the HELL do you expect the REST of the team to?

All I know, is everytime he goes to make a pass, I'm holding my breath! *sound familiar?*
    Nope, doesn't sound familiar.
    And you know what, I've met Jay. He's just a quiet person. I could barely hear him when he talked. Just because he's not screaming at everyone and their brother on the sideline doesn't mean anything. And his "moping" could just be him thinking. He doesn't "mope" onto the field. He calmly walks onto the field. And he loves the game. We know that. But he can't be the offense all on his own.

And another thing...
    Dopey is my favorite dwarf. So it's not a bad thing. At least he's not Sleepy, Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy. And so what if he's not Happy all the time.
    Last edited by I_Only_Like_Jay; 10-09-2007, 08:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by I_Only_Like_Jay
    Ok, it's so not cool to get on a person like that. Personal attacks=not cool.
    Second, who gives a dang what Jay or Vince or Matt did in college, or high school or even Pop Warner. That's all the past. The NFL is different than each of those. Besides, with high school and Pop Warner they pay to play.
    Jay is doing well, he's not doing great, but neither is the rest of the team. So far, aside from a few other players, he's the one playing with heart. He wants to win. He's just not getting the chance.
    If you like Vince Young so much, move to Tennessee and be a fan.

Originally Posted by Deltagbear
    If the rest of the team can step up to the level he is playing at...we will again!

EXACTLY!!!

He shows ZERO fire.

Leave a comment:

• DallasBroncosFans
    replied
    I completely support Cutler...

Cutler plays with heart and soul and has the talent to go with it...

I didn't support Griese much at all, he has accuracy but not superstar talent...

I gave Plummer a chance because he has superstar talent but no composure...

Cutler has it all... He is the future of this team and I have no doubt he will be one of the greatest QB's to play the game. He's smart, has a killer arm, and the poise to go with it... And with all of that he also plays with passion, he throw in the pocket, throws on the run, breaks tackles, throws flee flicker passes in dangerous situations to make a play...

The fact he's not considered the team leader yet is the Broncos coaching staff... They aren't giving him the chance... They aren't giving him option plays and aren't letting him make on the field decisions. And he's being patient and playing with what he is given.
    All of that is expected with a first year QB. But with the way this season is going I think they need to cut him loose starting in the first quarter and he's going to make some bad mistakes but we will find a leader in that guy.

Leave a comment:

• Deltagbear
    replied
    If the rest of the team can step up to the level he is playing at...we will again!

Leave a comment:

• stnzed
    replied
    Ya'll can have Young...Cutler is better....Much better!

Leave a comment:

• rush_limbaughII
    replied
    In my opinion, Cutler is smart and composed.
    I just wish Shanahan stops being conservative on offense.

Leave a comment:

• coco
    replied
    F Cutler

Just win baby.

Leave a comment:

• GIVEME6
    replied
    After every debacle that this team conjures up on Sundays, I see sooo many Cutler posts. Do we trust him, does he have the leadership ability.....blah blah blah. This shouldn't even be a question AT THIS POINT IN HIS CAREER. He's not a seasoned vet yet, and he's not getting ANY support from this defense. Cutler could go out and play to perfection, but when opposing teams are running for 200+ yards on you, you're still up dookie creek without a paddle.

Is Cutler lighting it up out there? IMO, he's not but I can also tell that he's not getting a ton of chances to actually throw the ball. Couple that with us being very predictable in our playcalling, and our HORRENDOUS/EMBARRASSING Efense(No "D" for this team), how can you possibly put any of this embarrassment we call a season on his shoulders?

Leave a comment:

• goucho141
    replied
    Cutlers the man

Life will be good again at mile high and everyone will rejoice

Leave a comment:

• HuskerBronco7
    replied

Amen

Go Cutler

Leave a comment:

• I_Only_Like_Jay
    replied
    In Cutler I love.
    And I trust him too. He's got the arm, he's got the brain, he's got the love for the game, he's just got to get it all together. He's just need the team also.

Leave a comment:

• mtn_horn
    replied
    cutlerfan: My point exactly. How many times did Montana yell at his players?? You go out and get respect by playing the game. Jay has done well - is he there yet, no, but he has done well

me: hmmm...is it just me or did you in your original rebuttal hold up Jay yelling at Clark to be a sign of leadership? Now you're comparing Montana never yelling to getting respect? Which is it?

cutlerfan: I was a college QB and you don't go and shout how good you are. YOu can feel it but I would never say it to the general public. My coach always use to tell us "Act like you have been there before"

me: Vince wasn't shouting out; he was asked a question and he answered it honestly. I am guessing from your answer that you prefer false modesty. Me, I prefer the player who tells his coach when down by ten in the 4th quarter, "Don't worry coach, I got this." And then goes out and gets the win. I like winning. A lot.

me: The "Good Book" doesn't really have anything to do with playing football. The "Good Book" talks about turning the other cheek and how the meek will inherit the earth. If that led to success on the football field, the Broncos would have been the victors yesterday, for sure.

cutlerfan: Don't even get me started on this

me: why not? You wanna fight over whether or not the teaching of the "Good Book" have anything to do with football in the NFL? In the infamous words of GW, "Bring it on."

cutlerfan: Are you 14 years old? You sound like a little kid to me with your comments

me: which comments make me sound like a 14 year old, exactly? The ones where I express a concern over Jay's leadership abilities only to have you reply (and I'm paraphrasing here) "Vince sucks?"

me: I don't "gush" over Vince on this board. I point out glaring ridiculous (IMO)statements made about him and his ability/potential, but I've yet to start a thread about him anywhere on this board. I've given my opinion when the post asked about the comparison.

cutlerfan: MTN_HORN Does your name mean you are a Texas fan too? LongHorn fan that lives in the Rockies??

me: Wow - you are sharp as a tack, aren't you? Yes, I am a Longhorn fan that lives in Denver. See, when you graduate from a first class university, you can live anywhere you want and so I moved to paradise. Out of the humidity and into the mountains and snow.

I've mentioned more than once that I am a Texas fan - both as a caveat explaining that I am the biggest VY fan most people on these boards will meet and as an explanation for why my loyalty for Vince is pretty deep. You see, we won with Vince. A lot. Two Rose Bowls as a matter of fact. You may have seen them? Vince was the MVP in both? In the second one, he out-passed Leinart and out-rushed Reggie Bush in the same game.

Given the 'Horns recent struggles, Vince's leadership (while he was here) is even more apparent.

I hope I can someday see even a shred of the same leadership from Jay.

Leave a comment:

• cutlerfan
    replied
    Originally posted by mtn_horn View Post
    1. When Jay yelled at Clark, what effect did it have? Anything positive come out of it? Anybody play any harder? Leadership is more then yelling. Way more.

My point exactly. How many times did Montana yell at his players?? You go out and get respect by playing the game. Jay has done well - is he there yet, no, but he has done well

2. I find it amazing that you can take Bullock's quote to be a negative against Vince...but not all that surprising. Bullock's quote wasn't a knock on Vince - it was a knock on the media.

Could be, but Keith tells it like it is. He always has

3. Vince didn't say "I am the greatest." That was Muhammed Ali. Vince said he always thinks he's the best. You say you've played football, but you don't understand that every player has to feel that way or they will get run down on the field?

I was a college QB and you don't go and shout how good you are. YOu can feel it but I would never say it to the general public. My coach always use to tell us "Act like you have been there before"

4. The "Good Book" doesn't really have anything to do with playing football. The "Good Book" talks about turning the other cheek and how the meek will inherit the earth. If that led to success on the football field, the Broncos would have been the victors yesterday, for sure.

Don't even get me started on this

5. You're going to get on to Vince because of his tatoos? What are you, a 70 year old grandmother?

Are you 14 years old? You sound like a little kid to me with your comments

6. Thanks, but I don't need any "insider" information from you.

Again a childlike statement.

7. I don't "gush" over Vince on this board. I point out glaring ridiculous (IMO)statements made about him and his ability/potential, but I've yet to start a thread about him anywhere on this board. I've given my opinion when the post asked about the comparison.

MTN_HORN Does your name mean you are a Texas fan too? LongHorn fan that lives in the Rockies??

8. I don't go to the Titans board because I am a Bronco fan. Been one for a while now. Just curious - would you be a Bronco fan if Cutler wasn't on this team? Or are you a Bronco fan just because Jay is on this team?
    Fair question. I like the Broncos and have always been a fan. I would be where Jay is at. That is just the truth. That does not make me any less of a fan. Elway was my hero growing up.

Leave a comment:

• mtn_horn
    replied
    Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
    Am, I on crack or did Jay yell at Brian Clark yesterday??

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=103525

As far as NO went. Vince's teamate Keith Bullock said 'There are other players besides Vince Young on this team'

Bullock also had three picks and that tends to help you win a game so I can't say it is all Vince.

The Titans defense is just very good.

Did you see the 60 Minute interview on Vince Young?

"I am the greatest" Please!! You know what the 'Good Book' says about Pride! Proverbs 16:18

Why do you have your name tattooed to your back like on a jersey? In case you forget who you are?

Listen Mtn_Horn if you want to discuss this outside of this - I will be more than happy too. You see I live in Nashville where I see and hear what happens to Vince and the Titans. So any insider info you want you let me know!

This is a Broncos webpage and I am sick of posters gushing over non Bronco QB's! If you need too, go to the Titans board. Fair Enough??

1. When Jay yelled at Clark, what effect did it have? Anything positive come out of it? Anybody play any harder? Leadership is more then yelling. Way more.

2. I find it amazing that you can take Bullock's quote to be a negative against Vince...but not all that surprising. Bullock's quote wasn't a knock on Vince - it was a knock on the media.

3. Vince didn't say "I am the greatest." That was Muhammed Ali. Vince said he always thinks he's the best. You say you've played football, but you don't understand that every player has to feel that way or they will get run down on the field?

4. The "Good Book" doesn't really have anything to do with playing football. The "Good Book" talks about turning the other cheek and how the meek will inherit the earth. If that led to success on the football field, the Broncos would have been the victors yesterday, for sure.

5. You're going to get on to Vince because of his tatoos? What are you, a 70 year old grandmother?

6. Thanks, but I don't need any "insider" information from you.

7. I don't "gush" over Vince on this board. I point out glaring ridiculous (IMO)statements made about him and his ability/potential, but I've yet to start a thread about him anywhere on this board. I've given my opinion when the post asked about the comparison.

8. I don't go to the Titans board because I am a Bronco fan. Been one for a while now. Just curious - would you be a Bronco fan if Cutler wasn't on this team? Or are you a Bronco fan just because Jay is on this team?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X