Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone for Gerard Warren & Jimmy Kennedy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone for Gerard Warren & Jimmy Kennedy?

Were we really worse off with these two guys? I think not. I didn't think a run defense could be so terrible. What will it take to get it corrected and is our personnel really that bad?

It's the scheme, not the players.

Warren left because he couldn't stand our new moronic approach.

He was right.

Comment

lets just say that Bates wont be here next year. YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post

He was right.
        I havent be so quick to judge Bates.But im thinking the players are starting to lose faith in the system.When that happens you got problems weither the players are right or wrong.

Bates was brought here to put more pressure on the QB.Are sack total will be less then last year and are running game is in shambles.The way he has been using Ian Gold is asinine.Im hoping we can all sing KUMBYYA and all be happy at the end of the season but after last week I have trouble seeing the way.

As for Warren and Kennedy 2 wrongs dont make a right we would still be 2-3 and left with overpaid cancer on the team.Atleast we get a draft pick and dont have to fall inlove with Sam Adams "Stay Puff" cause he wont be here next year.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

If we still had Coyer we would be dominating right now. All we needed was to convert on 3rd down to keep our defense off the field and they would have stayed tough and not wilted down the stretch. The additions of Henry and Graham and Stokley would have taken care of that. We would still have Warren and Ekuban wouldn't have been lost for the season (maybe).

We would be shutting teams out, instead even I could run for 150 yds against this pathetic bunch!!!!!!!!!

Is there anyone out there who could replace Bates right now???? Hell Mike, hire me as DC, we sure can't get any worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic
          AMPIPE

Comment

You guys act like Coyer's defenses never got blown out. Right now Bates is getting fooled around on in early games--let's see how his defense reacts down the stretch and in the playoffs where Coyer usually dropped his pants and ran away like a girl. The guy was a choke artist.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonSteele View Post
              You guys act like Coyer's defenses never got blown out. Right now Bates is getting fooled around on in early games--let's see how his defense reacts down the stretch and in the playoffs where Coyer usually dropped his pants and ran away like a girl. The guy was a choke artist.
              I agree 100% with SS here.No matter how bad the season gets im glad Larry Coyer is gone.I seem to recall are defense getting torched abunch last season and finishing 9-7 losing to Frank Gore running up and down the field.

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                I agree 100% with SS here.No matter how bad the season gets im glad Larry Coyer is gone.I seem to recall are defense getting torched abunch last season and finishing 9-7 losing to Frank Gore running up and down the field.
                Bottom line is this, the defense needs to get their head out of their butt and start playing fundementaly sound football!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Bates has had success in Miami and Green Bay. He is a proven commodity. Who, out there, would be an "improvement"?

We may not have the right personnel to execute his scheme. (Outside of Sam Adams, what other DTs do we have? That's why teams are running up the middle.) Or the players have not adjusted to it. (It's my understanding that D-line holds up other team's O-line, allowing LBs to make the plays. Our LBs, which used to be the strength of the defense, often look lost.) But I have faith that we have the right man for the job. Bates will right the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by ChitownBronco View Post
                    and Ekuban wouldn't have been lost for the season (maybe).
                    What a f***ing ridiculous sentiment I'm sorry, there's no other way of putting it.

Is there anyone out there who could replace Bates right now????
                    Unfortunately there will almost always be teething problems with implementing a new scheme. Of course, our problems do also extend beyond that...but I don't understand how everything is Bates' fault when he's only been here for 5 games. Christ on a bike, give him a little time. It doesn't help that there isn't a leader in sight anywhere in our front 7 (after Ekuban went). And I think we'd still have run D problems now even if Larry "i can't adjust at half time" Coyer were still here. Larry was an alright D-coord but I think almost anyone in Mikey's position at the end of last season would have made the same decision. Also note that it's pretty certain that Al would have been gone whatever happened in the off season. So I think our run D would still be problematic at best at this point in time.
                    sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggyBoy660 View Post
                      Bottom line is this, the defense needs to get their head out of their butt and start playing fundementaly sound football!!!!
                      I think you said it best.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post

He was right.
                        Agreed completely, our system last year stopped the run, we brought in guys like Moss and Crowder to pass rush and then Bly to help against the pass and then we switch our scheme and now we can't do either anyway. All I can say is Bates better get this defense alot better over this bye week.

Comment

No are defense was not good at stoping anything last year run or pass.

St. Louis Rams L 10-18 S. Jackson 121 rushing.
                          Kansas City Chiefs W 9- 6 L.J 126 yds rushing,Damon Who ?
                          New England Patriots W 17- 7 55 pass attempts retooled team.
                          Baltimore Ravens W 13- 3 Mcnair 3Int Ravens no rushing attack.
                          Oakland Raiders W 13- 3 Andrew Who? 2-12 team no offense.
                          Cleveland Browns W 17- 7 I was at this game.eewww
                          Indianapolis Colts L 31-34 Broncos Torched.
                          Pittsburgh Steelers W 31-20 6TO Ben throws 433 yds.8-8 season.
                          Oakland Raiders W 17-13 Any offense here = a lose. 7-2 record
                          San Diego Chargers L 27-35 L.T 180 total yds.
                          Kansas City Chiefs L 10-19 L.J 157 Yds.rushing
                          Seattle Seahawks L 20-23 5 turnover's offense.
                          San Diego Chargers L 20-48 Torched L.T 100+yds 3 TD'S
                          Arizona Cardinals W 37-20 Rookie QB and a bad team.
                          Cincinnati Bengals W 24-23 R.Johnson 129 yds rushing.
                          San Francisco 49ers L 23-26 F.Gore 153 yds rushing.

Are defense is bad at stoping the run this year but last year defense was nothing to be proud of.

Comment

Never thought i'd say this. BUT I MISS THE HELL OUTTA GERRAD WARREN.
                            I know for a fact that he would have been up n some of thsoe guys face last week. At least he plays with passion (sometimes). Big mistake to let him go.
                            Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Last time I checked Oakland's Run D was as bad as ours, if not worse. They are giving up 5.3 yards per carry. Warren doesn't seem to be helping them too much.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                              X