Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Negatives Come Positives!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • With Negatives Come Positives!!!!!

    Cutler has now thrown a pic in 9 straight games, but he is completing the ball around 65% of the time.

    Brandon Marshall's rediculous comments about the fans was off the wall, but he is proving to be a potent wideout that teams will have to contend with once Walker comes back.

    Walker has been out for two games, but when he comes back he will provide and emotional boost to the offense.

    Danielle Graham is not the pass catching TE we thought he would be, but he sure can block and hold.

    Nate Jackson is gone for the season, but Tony Scheffler got some time and made a couple of nice plays, blocked a punt, and was one of the few Broncos I saw show any emotion what so ever.

    Tom Nalen is gone for the season, but now Cutler will have a center who might be able to get the ball in his hands under center and in the shotgun.

    Travis Henry has a looming suspension, but now he will be able to spend time with his nine kids.

    Stokely got injured, but Glenn Martinez showed he can play in this league too.


    And for the biggest negative with a positive is:


    THE DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS LOOKED LIKE CRAP, BUT IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE, CAN IT?

  • #2
    The uniforms looked really nice at the end.....very clean for a football game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice way to look at things. I see your a glass is half full person.
      President Cool

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by hilife View Post
        Nice way to look at things. I see your a glass is half full person.
        I just figured with all the negativity on the boards these days why not throw a positive twist on things? I still have confidence in the offense and think we can still manage a 10-6 season, but we may have to put up 25-30 points per game to do so.

        Comment


        • #5
          bump!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I agree with all except Martinez.

            The guy looked good because everyone else looked like crap.

            He was basically our offense. I don't think he'll be much of a factor.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scheffler88 View Post
              Cutler has now thrown a pic in 9 straight games, but he is completing the ball around 65% of the time.

              Brandon Marshall's rediculous comments about the fans was off the wall, but he is proving to be a potent wideout that teams will have to contend with once Walker comes back.

              Walker has been out for two games, but when he comes back he will provide and emotional boost to the offense.

              Danielle Graham is not the pass catching TE we thought he would be, but he sure can block and hold.

              Nate Jackson is gone for the season, but Tony Scheffler got some time and made a couple of nice plays, blocked a punt, and was one of the few Broncos I saw show any emotion what so ever.

              Tom Nalen is gone for the season, but now Cutler will have a center who might be able to get the ball in his hands under center and in the shotgun.

              Travis Henry has a looming suspension, but now he will be able to spend time with his nine kids.

              Stokely got injured, but Glenn Martinez showed he can play in this league too.


              And for the biggest negative with a positive is:


              THE DEFENSE AND SPECIAL TEAMS LOOKED LIKE CRAP, BUT IT CAN'T GET ANY WORSE, CAN IT?
              It's 9 interceptions in eight games. The first stinking game against SD he didn't throw any interceptions and that was his second game!

              Comment


              • #8
                careful

                Last week Simeon said it couldn't get any worse...

                But I like where you're going.

                An interesting thing about the 65%, there was a piece on NFLNetwork (pretty sure) they talked about completion percentage. They said 70% is the new benchmark because even average QBs are in the 60s with the new offensive schemes.
                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  Negative; nobody stretched before the game

                  Positive;

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    With negatives come positives. Okay, our defensive tackles are completely unable to play the run or the pass. Positve- they sure don't sweat much for fat guys.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Dean View Post
                      With negatives come positives. Okay, our defensive tackles are completely unable to play the run or the pass. Positve- they sure don't sweat much for fat guys.
                      __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

                      Listen young-uns......thats Dean preaching the truth.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
                        Last week Simeon said it couldn't get any worse...

                        But I like where you're going.

                        An interesting thing about the 65%, there was a piece on NFLNetwork (pretty sure) they talked about completion percentage. They said 70% is the new benchmark because even average QBs are in the 60s with the new offensive schemes.
                        Thats a pretty short list:
                        Tom Brady 74.1
                        Chad Pennington 71.2
                        Matt Schaub 70.7

                        Peyton Manning Currently sits at 69.7...Jay Cutler at 64.5.

                        I wonder if the commentator knew who was on the short list...and that Manning wasnt on it!

                        Seriously, to have our second year QB throw 64.5%...and he's only started 10 games in his career..I'll take the positives where I can get them.

                        I try to consider this when teams go against the Broncos. They all know that we have a (basically) rookie QB, so they are going to try to blitz, rattle his cage, get in his face....stop our running game and make Cutler throw the ball to win.
                        Cutler has no problem moving the ball. I really dont think it matters to he throws to...his passes are accurate and he tends towards good decision making. No, its not perfect, but there is no QB in the league now that hasnt thrown an INT.
                        So I do think our QB shows great promise, and I think that is a positive. Alas, we fans have 2 weeks to think about this horrid loss-and so do the players-and the more you think about it the worse it gets. So looking at any positive is a good thing!
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

                        "You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Great post Scheffler88!!

                          sig by bearbroncoilly





                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X