Glen Martinez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Martinez

Did you guys think that he looked good out there? The one punt return he had he seemed fairly elusive. What are your thoughts.

He looked lucky on that punt return.

I said the same thing on game day, something like he was wobbly and tripping towards yards, but he did get it done.. that one time.

As a catching the ball, there was hardly anything at the WR spot that sunday, so of course he would look the best.

He did make a couple nice grabs.

He won't be a factor this season.

Comment

I was happy with his production, considering he just came off the practice squad.

I was slightly annoyed when he celebrated several of his catches when the Broncos were down by multiple TD's late in the game.

Comment

I hate to say it, but he looked better then what we have seen this year. Does any one remember that BIG cut back he had during pre season vrs the Cards? I thought that run, was the run that landed him a roster spot.

Its all good untill he puts the ball on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
          I hate to say it, but he looked better then what we have seen this year. Does any one remember that BIG cut back he had during pre season vrs the Cards? I thought that run, was the run that landed him a roster spot.

Its all good untill he puts the ball on the ground.
          Speaking of, the play where his fumble was reversed -

Are helmet to helmet hits still illegal? Or does this only apply to John Lynch?!?

I don't think anything hit Martinez EXCEPT the defender's helmet straight to his helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

Are helmet to helmet hits still illegal? Or does this only apply to John Lynch?!?

I don't think anything hit Martinez EXCEPT the defender's helmet straight to his helmet.
            No kidding. Evidently the league didn't warn the refs to keep an extra watch on Marlin Mcree before the game...

Comment

I liked what Martinez flashed...sooner or later one of these young guys has to step up as a receiver.

I really thought Brian Clark was going to be a factor in the Offense, but so far, the Broncos don't trust him to play in the multiple-receiver sets.

Maybe it will be Matrinez that can crack the lineup....we'll see.

That said, I still think we should re-sign David Kircus.

Comment

I was happy with his production, considering he just came off the practice squad.

I was slightly annoyed when he celebrated several of his catches when the Broncos were down by multiple TD's late in the game.

Yep! He had to tell everybody it was first down when the score was 41 - 3.....I hate that when the score is tied....

Why don't players get up and tell everybody what down it is when they fail to get a 1st down?

He's just another attention whore, that's all it is.....

Comment

Lucky dude

Man I can't believe he didn't get hurt on that play. He got obliterated but didn't suffer a concussion or neck injury. His body got all crumpled but somehow he was flexible enough and his cleats didn't get caught in the sod and he didn't pull, strain, or tear anything. That was amazing. Sometimes ya need some luck to go with your skill. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of him in 3 and 4 wide sets because he's gotta be feeling like superman about right now and that kind of comfort and confidence can lift up your game!

Stokely got smacked a little on that one catch and had to come out so I wonder about how things will go long term with the abuse our WRs will take the next few weeks. There's always a chance Walker is out longer. There's always a chance Smith doesn't come back this season. And there's always a chance we throw more this year in multiple receiver sets with all those young cats. And then of course you'll see DBs teeing off like San Diego did trying to make a highlight reel. Not exactly good news for Stokely.
                  "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

Don't forget Kennoy Kennedy. I think it's not player specific, just secondary players for our Broncos.
                    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                      Yep! He had to tell everybody it was first down when the score was 41 - 3.....I hate that when the score is tied....

Why don't players get up and tell everybody what down it is when they fail to get a 1st down?

He's just another attention whore, that's all it is.....
                      Well, I figure he can get some leeway since it's his first time on the field in an NFL game...

If he saw regular action as a slot reciever for the next year and was still doing this, then I might lose patience with it.

But hell, I think I'd be excited too.

Comment

Glen looked good on that punt return, unfortunately for him and our defense we only got to see him return one punt.

As for his receptions, he made some grabs, but I dont think those catches were as much attribute to him, but rather to Cutler just sticking into tight spots. I like him, but in no way should we be comfortable with him as our #2 WR. Thats terrible.

Im all for getting David Kircus back (though I do say that without having heard anything recent in regards to his legal troubles)

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

i wanna see him on kick returns he looked good on that punt return

made by showoff

Comment

Working...
                          X