Cutler Minus Last Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutler Minus Last Season

What would you think of him as a player based off of his play this season?

I give him a B-

I think he's done a hell of a job....but then again....I don't wet my pants with every single interception a QB throws....

Comment

Really hard to say. The red zone inefficiency is concerning. I think he's shown potential but that's about it. If you had to grade him amongst other QBs, I'd say about average, though you'd never know it from the lack of point production.
      "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
        I think he's done a hell of a job....but then again....I don't wet my pants with every single interception a QB throws....
        Hahaha you mean those "What the hell was that?" interceptions?

Comment

considering the horrific playcalling, its not all cutlers fault.
          sig pic removed by mod staff.
          we do not allow site advertising.

Comment

Originally posted by mxbronco13 View Post
            Hahaha you mean those "What the hell was that?" interceptions?

Sure, mx, that's exactly what I mean! :thumb:

Take some advice: He's a rookie, so stock up on your Huggies. .....

Comment

I won't give a grade to a quarterback whose still learning.

Once he knows the whole system I'll give him one.

Comment

Sure, mx, that's exactly what I mean! :thumb:

Take some advice: He's a rookie, so stock up on your Huggies. .....
                Something tells me he'll still be called a "rookie" 4 seasons from now

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                  Something tells me he'll still be called a "rookie" 4 seasons from now

And you know this about me, how?

Are you telling me he's no longer in the developemental stages?

Comment

And you know this about me, how?
                    I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that you're calling him a rookie in his 2nd year.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                      I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that you're calling him a rookie in his 2nd year.

So I use the word "rookie" liberally.....Does that mean I'm stupid?

Comment

i am very excited about what i have seen from cutler this year. he's making some amazing throws under pressure and even off his back foot. that game winning drive at the end of the buffalo game was sweet.
                        Pro McD

Comment

Until Cutler Has played at least 2 full seasons I will think of him as a Rookie.

QB, is the most technical, difficult, and time consuming position in Football. Cutler is a young Kid leading a bunch of Old men into Battle every week and has done a good job so far at it, I don't believe that this is "His Team" yet give him another year or two before you start questioning him.
                          sigpic WHEC-724

Comment

While Cutler isn't a true rookie he still hasn't played a full sixteen games. He really is in the very beginning learning process as an NFL quarterback. I think he's doing great, the reason many do not judge him as a rookie is because for the majority of time he doesn't play like one. His interceptions do not bother me so much thus far, because he is still so young. People forget all great quarterbacks start some where, and Cutler has had a hell of a start up on a lot of quarterbacks that are mentioned as the greats.

I couldn't be happier with Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                              While Cutler isn't a true rookie he still hasn't played a full sixteen games. He really is in the very beginning learning process as an NFL quarterback. I think he's doing great, the reason many do not judge him as a rookie is because for the majority of time he doesn't play like one. His interceptions do not bother me so much thus far, because he is still so young. People forget all great quarterbacks start some where, and Cutler has had a hell of a start up on a lot of quarterbacks that are mentioned as the greats.

I couldn't be happier with Jay.
                              Whether or not he is "great" will only be determined by how well he plays in the big leagues. So far, he has shown flashes, but I wouldn't say he's played like a "great" QB. So the jury is still out on whether or not he is "great".

Did Peyton suck in his first year? Sure. And back then it would have been silly to compare him to the likes of Steve Young or Dan Marino. Potential means next to nothing. It's all about performance, and in the NFL that means wins.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X