Hard times for Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard times for Broncos

Got to be realistic here. The Broncs are going to lose at least the next three games. Too many injuries. I look for Cutler to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, in two more years -- providing the Broncs surround him with some healthy talent. Shanny is an excellent coach but even he can't come up with a winning game plan if all he has are injured players.
    The Patriots appear to be a lock winner of the Superbowl even if they should play a couple of bad luck games, but they should go unbeaten. I'll take Brady over Manning any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.
    I have always been awed at football players. It's a tough game and I hurt just watching some of the hits-- especially the forearm of a flying tackle to the head of the ball carrier who has already been tackled. Wish I had their toughness. As a 110 pound fullback in spring training in 1956, I fumbled the ball every time I was tackled but the ball was under my stomach and the coaches never knew I fumbled. Can something like that be coached?
    Do the best you can Broncs -- 110 percent. As the great Floyd Little used to say: Play every down like it will be your last. Great advice from a great Bronco of the past.

Originally posted by Ray C View Post
    Got to be realistic here. The Broncs are going to lose at least the next three games. Too many injuries. I look for Cutler to be one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, in two more years -- providing the Broncs surround him with some healthy talent. Shanny is an excellent coach but even he can't come up with a winning game plan if all he has are injured players.
    The Patriots appear to be a lock winner of the Superbowl even if they should play a couple of bad luck games, but they should go unbeaten. I'll take Brady over Manning any day of the week and twice on Sunday's.
    I have always been awed at football players. It's a tough game and I hurt just watching some of the hits-- especially the forearm of a flying tackle to the head of the ball carrier who has already been tackled. Wish I had their toughness. As a 110 pound fullback in spring training in 1956, I fumbled the ball every time I was tackled but the ball was under my stomach and the coaches never knew I fumbled. Can something like that be coached?
    Do the best you can Broncs -- 110 percent. As the great Floyd Little used to say: Play every down like it will be your last. Great advice from a great Bronco of the past.
    I guess we should just pack it in and just give the Pats the Lombardi and call it a season. Wait, I have a better idea. Lets let the season play out and see what happens? If you strongly feel that the Broncos are a lock to lose the next 3 games, maybe you need to start following another team. There's a line between homerism and taking an unbiased approach to your team and how they are playing. I have seen a struggling defense that may be able to turn it around and an offense with some HUGE potential. I have definitely not seen anything that shows me that the Broncos are a lock to lose the next 3 games yet alone the next game. So all homerism aside, I dont think the Broncos are in as bad condition as what seems.

Maybe you should concentrate less on the hits and the amazement of some tackles and focus more on whats going on and what happens in a game? In my opinion theres still a possibility of something special with the Broncos. Jay looks very good beyond what I was hoping for. A 2nd year QB with a franchise that crucifies the player at the QB position if they dont play up to the #7. Marshall is a well needed surprise. Stokely is the second coming of Eddie Mac. Henry just blew a chance of a lifetime, but from what I have seen in Selvin the running game shouldnt suffer if not improve. The only concern I see is losing the anchor we had at center with Nalen. The next game will give us an idea of how bad the line will suffer without Nalen.

Either way I don't see the season at a loss and I guess I'm in the minority from some of the posts ive read recently. This is still a very high powered offense that just needs to start finding the end zone. Along with having the defense start to gel or improve at LB. I dont think DJ Williams is he answer at MLB but I also dont see the slump this defense has been in continuing either. The Broncos find a way to shut down the run and this team has a chance.

Comment

Welcome to the boards Ray C.

Comment

Welcome to the board.........

We may very well lose our next TWO......but I have a feeling the broncos will come out Sunday night fired up, and ready to play the Steelers.Hopefully the pounding they took against the Chargers, taught this team something.....I mean the broncos just don't get pounded on at home like that.

Then again....the broncos seem to always play like crap when they are on national t.v.
        My 3 favorite teams:
        1.The Denver Broncos
        2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
        3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

This next game will reveal what the Broncos are made of. Assuming the Broncos will be fired up after a beating defies logic. If anything, the 41-3 drubbing has shaken their confidence although they won't admit it.

Being fired up doesn't make up for lack of talent. The way the defense is playing, the match up against the Steelers is tailor-made for a rout.

Stranger things have happened though, so I'll eat crow if somehow the fired up Broncos pull an upset.

Beyond this game, hard to tell. On paper, the Packers are better, but I'm always wary of teams from the NFC. I'll go with Favre on Monday Night Football.

The Lions are not great, but they'll be playing at home. Even matchup.

The premise of the thread is logical. The Broncos are playing poorly, and have injury problems to boot. Not a good time to be a Bronco fan.
          60,000 out of 76,879 fans can't be wrong. Go Rockies!

Comment

Originally posted by Steely McBeam View Post
            This next game will reveal what the Broncos are made of. Assuming the Broncos will be fired up after a beating defies logic. If anything, the 41-3 drubbing has shaken their confidence although they won't admit it.

Being fired up doesn't make up for lack of talent. The way the defense is playing, the match up against the Steelers is tailor-made for a rout.

Stranger things have happened though, so I'll eat crow if somehow the fired up Broncos pull an upset.

Beyond this game, hard to tell. On paper, the Packers are better, but I'm always wary of teams from the NFC. I'll go with Favre on Monday Night Football.

The Lions are not great, but they'll be playing at home. Even matchup.

The premise of the thread is logical. The Broncos are playing poorly, and have injury problems to boot. Not a good time to be a Bronco fan.
            You are wrong.........

No matter what.........it's always a good time to be a bronco fan.......always
            My 3 favorite teams:
            1.The Denver Broncos
            2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
            3.Any team who plays Michigan

Comment

You are wrong.........

No matter what.........it's always a good time to be a bronco fan.......always
              __________________AMEN!!!my fellow bronco fan.
              I really like Cheese.

Comment

What's up with people saying that Shanahan has lost it, that his play calling is too obvious or conservative and that he doesn't care anymore? Do you guys really think this? Do you mean that the only reason the Bronco's were good from 96-2005 is because of players like Elway, Davis, Sharpe, etc? Could it be that losing Gary Kubiak has been the major impact on the team struggling to put points up and to move the ball consistently? I asked some coworkers what they think about the upcoming game against the Steelers. They asked me where it's being played and I said, "Why does it matter, Denver's going to win anyway." Their response was that Denver's going to lose because the Steelers are too good, Denver is struggling to win games, and it's going to be a couple of years before they're good again. They also said that Denver needs a quarterback and hasn't had one since Elway. Well I say to them and to all you Denver fans that are acting like these haters this is when the season is going to turn around. They're going to come back from the bye and start kicking ass from left to right!! Leave Shanny alone, give him a chance. He's a great coach in my opinion, he can take just about any 'back and put them in and still gain 1000 yards. That's bad coaching? What other coach do you think should have his job? Come on now, have some faith in your team and their staff! They'll get it together and start clicking and playing on all cylinders. By the way, any other coaches out there will never do what Shanny does...just for the record!

Comment

Originally posted by FootballRasta View Post
                  What's up with people saying that Shanahan has lost it, that his play calling is too obvious or conservative and that he doesn't care anymore? Do you guys really think this? Do you mean that the only reason the Bronco's were good from 96-2005 is because of players like Elway, Davis, Sharpe, etc? Could it be that losing Gary Kubiak has been the major impact on the team struggling to put points up and to move the ball consistently? I asked some coworkers what they think about the upcoming game against the Steelers. They asked me where it's being played and I said, "Why does it matter, Denver's going to win anyway." Their response was that Denver's going to lose because the Steelers are too good, Denver is struggling to win games, and it's going to be a couple of years before they're good again. They also said that Denver needs a quarterback and hasn't had one since Elway. Well I say to them and to all you Denver fans that are acting like these haters this is when the season is going to turn around. They're going to come back from the bye and start kicking ass from left to right!! Leave Shanny alone, give him a chance. He's a great coach in my opinion, he can take just about any 'back and put them in and still gain 1000 yards. That's bad coaching? What other coach do you think should have his job? Come on now, have some faith in your team and their staff! They'll get it together and start clicking and playing on all cylinders. By the way, any other coaches out there will never do what Shanny does...just for the record!
                  Good post there, I have faith in the Broncos, staff and Shanny and they'll kick ass this weekend.I like Shanahan.They will start clicking in every faucet of the game.Do it for your fallin teammates.Don't be losers.Something special is going to happen I can just feel it.

GO BRONCOS!!

sigpic

Comment

But, but, but ....I though this was going to be the "turn the corner" year!

Comment

Working...
                    X