• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Good News

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...scramble/5619/

For those of you too lazy to look

BEST BETS

Pittsburgh (-4) over DENVER

Denver’s not the same team they were in previous years. Both DAVE and DVOA peg them as a well-below average team. Meanwhile, the Steelers are the third-best team in football according to both metrics. Denver’s home-field advantage helps, but the Steelers are still a superior team and one likely to create problems for Jay Cutler.

Awesome year its been eh? We'll at least have a high pick in the draft... heres hoping we don't blow that
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

I really wonder where the fans will stand with this team and Mike Shanahan if we do indeed lose this weekend and lose badly.

It'd almost be worth having it happen just to see the reaction...

...Almost .
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
      I really wonder where the fans will stand with this team and Mike Shanahan if we do indeed lose this weekend and lose badly.

...Almost .
      I can only speak for myself, but I'll be here for the long haul.
      sigpic

Comment

Well, aren't we all just up-beat and optimistic about the Orange and Blue? We're a fairly young team with basically a rookie QB and defensive line. I don't know too many teams that win superbolws with that kind of roster, but I think we will improve a little every week from now until season's end.

Comment

Originally posted by Gator Broncos View Post
          Well, aren't we all just up-beat and optimistic about the Orange and Blue? We're a fairly young team with basically a rookie QB and defensive line. I don't know too many teams that win superbolws with that kind of roster, but I think we will improve a little every week from now until season's end.
          I don't think anyone realistically thinks this team is a Super Bowl contender with the way it's played through the first five games.

But I also think there aren't any excuses for what happened at home Vs. San Diego. Young or no, that was flat out embarrassing.
          sigpic

Comment

...Almost .

Ummmm... Just a question here...

What about yourself? Considering you were *ahem* critical of Shanahan before the San Diego game. I seem to remember you saying something to the effect that if things don't change this year...

I'm just a little on this one.

Comment

I don't think anyone realistically thinks this team is a Super Bowl contender with the way it's played through the first five games.
              No surprises for this Broncomaniac. Then again I'm not surprised by their struggles to date either.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
                Ummmm... Just a question here...

What about yourself? Considering you were *ahem* critical of Shanahan before the San Diego game. I seem to remember you saying something to the effect that if things don't change this year...

I'm just a little on this one.
                No, I said that things needed to be drastically improved by next season, meaning this team is a clear division winner and fighting for homefield advantage in the playoffs.

This season I'm pretty much expecting the unexpected.

My reaction will be the same as it was after the past three losses. Nothing has changed. There is a fundamental flaw in this team somewhere that goes beyond simple youth and inexperience. I have expectations that we'll play better but it's too hard to determine with this team. We may get an upset. We may simply be beat. We may also get clobbered. This game can go all different directions.

That said, I think fans will be more willing to entertain letting Shanahan go than they have been if we lose this game in a way similar to the San Diego loss. This is a 'what have you done for me?' lately League, and four consecutive losses (3 at home) to AFC opponents will have fans fuming.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGlue Factory View Post
                  No surprises for this Broncomaniac. Then again I'm not surprised by their struggles to date either.
                  There's a difference between 'struggling' and not being very good.

I expected us to struggle, especially during this stretch of games. But to get decimated, and embarrassed? Never.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JoRo View Post

BEST BETS

Denver’s not the same team they were in previous years. Both DAVE and DVOA peg them as a well-below average team. Meanwhile, the Steelers are the third-best team in football according to both metrics. Denver’s home-field advantage helps, but the Steelers are still a superior team and one likely to create problems for Jay Cutler.

Awesome year its been eh? We'll at least have a high pick in the draft... heres hoping we don't blow that
                    Stop saying this high pick in the draft ****, the season isn't over my god.

Why do you even bother to post?
                    Last edited by showtime24; 10-17-2007, 03:26 PM.

Comment

BEST BETS

What home field advantage???

sigpic
                      They're your teammates, now.
                      Best of luck, TT!
                      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

There's a difference between 'struggling' and not being very good.

I expected us to struggle, especially during this stretch of games. But to get decimated, and embarrassed? Never.
                        TomAEto, TomAHto. What I had in mind when I typed struggles was that we may not be very good and having a problem seeming to do the basic things right. Horrible games like the last, while discouraging, aren't surprising to me.

As for the problems? I think a huge one that no one is thinking of is the whole ego and leadership issue. Our longest standing leader on either side of the ball is Lynch. With Rod out due to injury and Wilson gone for the same, there's no strong player leadership in the locker room. That let's all the little childish ego's flourish instead of getting squashed and put in their (proper) place (as has happened in the past on this team.)

Comment

You don't suppose many of the problems on defense could have anything to do with the injuries?

I guess Shanahan is to blame for Courtney Brown and Ebenezer Ekuban (not like we could use those two), Al Wilson and Sam Brandon.

Where are our biggest weaknesses on defense?

Oh yeah, areas where injuries have effectively either ended the careers, or at least the seasons, of several starters.

Now watch the O-line struggle and somehow that will be Shanahans fault too

Comment

We're already behind Miami and St Louis in the race for the first overall pick.

I mean, if we're going to suck, we might as well suck the best.
                            My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Originally posted by showtime24 View Post
                              Stop saying this high pick in the draft ****, the season isn't over my god.

Why do you even bother to post?
                              I was just showing more people around the board what people are saying and a statistical look at it and my attempt at optimism... by no means am I saying we will lose, but I figure if we are gonna struggle this year the good news is April should be exciting.
                              Bronco fan from Packer Land.
                              Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
                              Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Comment

Working...
                              X