Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there isn't a HUGE improvement this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there isn't a HUGE improvement this week...

then the season is lost.

Come on - Five regular season weeks/games to get the motor going, to gel together, to get the system down. I have expected improvement every week, I have expected the Broncos to learn from their mistakes every week. The Chargers game was PURE disappointment. Four previous games, two losses and two squeak-by wins. There should have been improvement!

Nope. Instead of a step forward, there were MANY steps backwards. 41-3. Chargers had their share of problems, but they seemed to have worked it out in practice. But not the Broncos.

If there is not a HUGE improvement this week, after the bye week, then I am officially kissing this season good-bye.

If the Broncos have failed to improve after the first 5 games (which could have made the Broncos 0-5), and AFTER the bye, then there should be little hope that they can improve throughout the rest of the season.

Granted though, there are a lot of key injuries.

But I'm still expecting a HUGE improvement.
    I'm ready for more flaming now.

I'm not going to flame you, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Atleast wait till we play the Lions to declare the season over. I mean seriously, we're playing Pittsburgh, I really don't think they're kill us on the ground, but they will over the air.
    Careful what you wish for, Darth , cause here comes the worst DC in the league...... -stnzd
    What's that? Need proof? http://dack.com/archive/bob-slowik-must-be-fired.html

Goodbye social life...

My Mojo!

Comment

Originally posted by delirium_05 View Post
      I'm not going to flame you, but you're setting yourself up for disappointment. Atleast wait till we play the Lions to declare the season over. I mean seriously, we're playing Pittsburgh, I really don't think they're kill us on the ground, but they will over the air.
      Hm...

Well if Champ and Bly aren't playing, then yes we will be killed over the air.

Especially if Ian Gold has to cover a receiver again.

But if the Broncos fail to improve after a bye and 5 games, then there is no evidence that they can improve throughout the season.

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
        Hm...

Well if Champ and Bly aren't playing, then yes we will be killed over the air.

Especially if Ian Gold has to cover a receiver again.

But if the Broncos fail to improve after a bye and 5 games, then there is no evidence that they can improve throughout the season.

While I definitely share your pessimism - I won't kid anyone here - why did you mention Bly? He's not on any injury report for this week that I saw.

sigpic
        They're your teammates, now.
        Best of luck, TT!
        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
          While I definitely share your pessimism - I won't kid anyone here - why did you mention Bly? He's not on any injury report for this week that I saw.

I fully expect to get destroyed on the ground AND in the air. I with you other doubters, if we don't get a win this week then i'm packing in the season too. Don't get me wrong, i will still love and watch the Broncos but i (like everyone else) expect to be playing for a Super Bowl every year. Now i know how everyone will thrash me but at least i'm not a bandwagon fan.

Comment

The Season Is Lost???

They wont be mathematically eliminated if they lose to Pitt.

Why so negative NTO? Look on the bright side for once this season.
            sigpic

Comment

The thing is for me if we loss tomorrow we will be in a huge hole and we will be in trouble. Now if we lost that game tomorrow and it counted as our 7th loss we are done, there is no way in the AFC we will go in to the playoffs with 7 losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
                The thing is for me if we loss tomorrow we will be in a huge hole and we will be in trouble. Now if we lost that game tomorrow and it counted as our 7th loss we are done, there is no way in the AFC we will go in to the playoffs with 7 losses.
                9-7 could win the division sir.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
                  9-7 could win the division sir.
                  that could be true but the way we are playing i dont think so

Comment

If they don't win I will curse them and praise them. Many players are playing their best and some are just dead weights. I will root hard for them and I better not hear that new england accent when I stop into the saloon. The goal is to win the superbowl. Let's get to the playoffs. Go Broncos
                    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.

Comment

I don't think it is about wins & losses, or whether we are mathematically eliminated. The Broncos need to play with intensity and fortitude, show that the lackluster efforts in recent weeks aren't what this team is really about.

If they do that, I don't care if we win or lose.

Comment

If we don't look better than we have so far than I think we should start trying some new stuff.

Comment

Broncos are #1 in pass defense this year so far......dunno how you think they are going to kill us in the air?

Steelers are comming in as the number 2 pass defense...should be a good running day.....I say day because the game starts at 2:15 for me =)

I dont think the steelers can beat us with the run...but as long as we show up with our running game and somewhat of a defense...we will win.

Comment

A loss this week and you're probably looking at 8-2 down the stretch to get into the playoffs....a win over a Steelers team that seems to be much better and you ONLY need to be 7-3-----that means long road ahead either way

Comment

Originally posted by BestBroncoFan View Post
                              Broncos are #1 in pass defense this year so far......dunno how you think they are going to kill us in the air?

Steelers are comming in as the number 2 pass defense...should be a good running day.....I say day because the game starts at 2:15 for me =)

I dont think the steelers can beat us with the run...but as long as we show up with our running game and somewhat of a defense...we will win.
                              the only problem is they are #1 in run defense, they havent had a 100 yard runner in 20+ games

i will take a loss but only a good game loss, a game where we show we can compete with one of the best teams in the league. i want to see everything this game sreens, reverses, bombs, runs. then on defense i want to see stunts, different blitz schemes and so on, i want to see solid defense
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Working...
                              X