Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If there isn't a HUGE improvement this week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't even mind if we lost as long as they show improvement and put up a good game. Piggsburgh has a good team this year, so it's not like losing to the Falcons.

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
      9-7 could win the division sir.

Some of you guys just don't get it.

Squeaking by into the playoffs doesn't mean jack.

The only way that will happen, at this point, is if each of the other 3 teams in our division suddenly starts playing worse than we are right now.

...That won't suddenly make us "good", just because we are "In the playoffs".

The moment we set foot on a playing field during the postseason, our team will get their collective heads taken off by the likes of the Colts/Pats/Steelers/Jags.

[P.S. I fully realize that every time someone makes a truthful post like this, they run the risk of getting flamed, being called a fair-weather/bandwagon fan, etc. ...All I can say is, don't waste your breath. I'll still be here, the moment the off-season starts, to support this team. Only difference is, I don't have the starry-eyed ambitions that I had prior to Opening Week, when I still believed all the hype surrounding the 2007 Denver Broncos. ...To whoever started that rumor: Your bluff has been called, sir.]

sigpic
      They're your teammates, now.
      Best of luck, TT!
      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk View Post
        Some of you guys just don't get it.

Squeaking by into the playoffs doesn't mean jack.

The only way that will happen, at this point, is if each of the other 3 teams in our division suddenly starts playing worse than we are right now.

...That won't suddenly make us "good", just because we are "In the playoffs".

The moment we set foot on a playing field during the postseason, our team will get their collective heads taken off by the likes of the Colts/Pats/Steelers/Jags.

[P.S. I fully realize that every time someone makes a truthful post like this, they run the risk of getting flamed, being called a fair-weather/bandwagon fan, etc. ...All I can say is, don't waste your breath. I'll still be here, the moment the off-season starts, to support this team. Only difference is, I don't have the starry-eyed ambitions that I had prior to Opening Week, when I still believed all the hype surrounding the 2007 Denver Broncos. ...To whoever started that rumor: Your bluff has been called, sir.]

I guess I should join the rest of you and jump off the bandwagon then....right?

Shame on me for still believing my team can win on any given sunday. :nono:
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the input.

I do agree that I will be satisfied with the Broncos playing like a professional team, with intensity and emotion and all that good stuff.

Every year should be played like it's a run for the SB. There are no rebuilding years. The way the Broncos have played these past few weeks, they're acting like it's nothing, and that it's just a rebuilding year.

Going into this season, the Broncos had so much energy and new things. All throughout the forums there was a vibe that this was a SB year. There was so much excitement going into this season, but now it's gone.

I love how I was one of the first to point out the Broncos flaws and then get 7 pages of flame, and now some posters have a chip on their shoulder against me for it.

Here's to a game with a lot of improvement!

Comment

Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
            I love how I was one of the first to point out the Broncos flaws and then get 7 pages of flame
            Point out their flaws? Like no one knew we had them to begin with? C'mon NTO.....get a clue.
            Originally posted by NickTranOwnz View Post
            and now some posters have a chip on their shoulder against me for it.
            I cant say it was undeserved for all the stuff you said.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
              I guess I should join the rest of you and jump off the bandwagon then....right?

Shame on me for still believing my team can win on any given sunday. :nono:

Yes, perhaps they can, and odds are that they will. However, as I alluded before, unless some permanent changes are put in place and the bright spots we were treated to last night start becoming the norm... you can call me all the names you want. "Sticks and stones", remember?

The popular saying is, "Anything can happen in the playoffs". When you're not an elite team, though, and the guys you're playing against are, chances are that there won't be many gimmes.

Keep on playing they way we have the 3 games prior to last night, and I can assure you an early exit from any fortuitous playoff appearance.

:2cents:
              sigpic
              They're your teammates, now.
              Best of luck, TT!
              ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
              X