Post game rants---Steelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post game rants---Steelers

Really not a player I am familiar with. Is he a guy that can play Sam and offer better LB coverage? I know he needed time to get up to speed, but he has logged some minutes in the last three games.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
    J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
    R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

He mite also be brought in to crack some heads on ST
    Or maybe getting rdy to give Webster a shot at the bench.
    Or maybe getting rdy to go more to 3-4 look.
    Or maybe just needed more depth ?

I really dont know anything about him as well. It would be nice if anyone could give us the skinny on the guy.
    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

I like him because he is from Vandy

Here is what Scout Inc says about him

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...g?statsId=5494

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
      Grade: 54 | Key
      Alert: None

Comment: Winborn is a backup outside linebacker and special teams player. He played mostly on coverage units throughout the 2006 season. He has some durability issues and has yet to play a full 16-game season over his career. He is an undersized outside linebacker who is height deficient for the position. He has good athletic skills, toughness and plays with a solid motor. Against the run, he had limited production this season. He is not real natural in his recognition off his key and diagnose. He is a run-and-hit linebacker best suited when protected well within the box. He is an edge player who struggles to separate off blocks when maintaining his gap responsibility. He has good range and lateral quickness while moving through trash. He is a strong tackler who plays with control in open space. He is more of a flow linebacker than an upfield attacker. Against the pass, he can open his hips and get depth off zone drops. He has above-average awareness when reading and reacting on the move to pattern recognition. He does show the ability to match up in man-to-man situations versus both tight ends and running backs but doesn't always maintain the proper position in space. Overall, Winborn is a backup player who still needs to develop more consistency in his performance as an every-down player. However, he still has good value as a backup outside linebacker in the right defensive system and has value as a special teams performer.

----------------------------------------------
      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
        Here is what Scout Inc says about him

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...g?statsId=5494

2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
        Grade: 54 | Key
        Alert: None

Comment: Winborn is a backup outside linebacker and special teams player. He played mostly on coverage units throughout the 2006 season. He has some durability issues and has yet to play a full 16-game season over his career. He is an undersized outside linebacker who is height deficient for the position. He has good athletic skills, toughness and plays with a solid motor. Against the run, he had limited production this season. He is not real natural in his recognition off his key and diagnose. He is a run-and-hit linebacker best suited when protected well within the box. He is an edge player who struggles to separate off blocks when maintaining his gap responsibility. He has good range and lateral quickness while moving through trash. He is a strong tackler who plays with control in open space. He is more of a flow linebacker than an upfield attacker. Against the pass, he can open his hips and get depth off zone drops. He has above-average awareness when reading and reacting on the move to pattern recognition. He does show the ability to match up in man-to-man situations versus both tight ends and running backs but doesn't always maintain the proper position in space. Overall, Winborn is a backup player who still needs to develop more consistency in his performance as an every-down player. However, he still has good value as a backup outside linebacker in the right defensive system and has value as a special teams performer.

Shanahan may have liked him since he is undersized. He always seems to prefer undersized players who can be run over since Fat Sam Adams takes up all the space.

Comment

thanks cutlerfan.

Comment

Jamie Winborn was somewhat a disappointment down in Jacksonville. He was OK, but when Daryl Smith grew up, his spot was easily taken.

Jamie Winborns a burner though. Could definately work in 3-4.
            R.I.P. D-Will/Nash/Taylor/Hill

Comment

Thanks Jagwired Heya man while you are here do you wanna make a trade ?
              I will give you Nate Webster for M. Stroud

Is that a good deal or what ??? I will give you time think about it.But this offer wont last long.!!!

LOL good luck with the rest of the season man If Jack Del Rio can keep these guys consistent.No reason why they cant get into the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                Thanks Jagwired Heya man while you are here do you wanna make a trade ?
                I will give you Nate Webster for M. Stroud

Is that a good deal or what ??? I will give you time think about it.But this offer wont last long.!!!

LOL good luck with the rest of the season man If Jack Del Rio can keep these guys consistent.No reason why they cant get into the playoffs
                Ha ha ha! Throw in your worst WR so he can overtake the #2 spot next to Dennis Northcutt. Websters a monster all in himself, well against Jacksonville he was, though.

Thanks, I'm definately sure you guys will pull it together and hand San Diego the whooping they need. We'll contribute by handing it to Oakland and San Diego when they come here.

Also, Good luck against the Steelers. They are good, but not really good enough to be considered favorites. That is truth.
                R.I.P. D-Will/Nash/Taylor/Hill

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                  thanks cutlerfan.
                  you are welcome

----------------------------------------------
                  I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Shanny's Head?

Has the time come for a fresh start? I believe Shanny is a great coach. maybe he should just be a great coach somewhere else. I mean two lombardi's and he got us to the AFC championship with Jake Plummer at the helm (jake has the heart of a lion but lets be honest with each other). So after the start of this season, and the embarrasment we suffered at the hand of the chargers (at home no less). Maybe, just maybe some fresh blood and a diffrent philosophy would do us well. We look inept in the red zone, the run defence has more holes than my tighty whities, and the special teams ain't that special. We all know Shanny has the final say in the coaching staff, so did he panic or just make some really bad choices by changing too much too soon?

And here is somthing else, I have to say I am sick and tired of seeing the same thing year in and year out. 1/2 to 3/4 into the season we stink out loud. It has become a habit. not a good habit like walking the dog at night , more like baiting with sandpaper. I love My Team, Our Team, The Team. But enough is enough.

Several people will point out holes in the post ranging from Shanny's past performance to my not being knowledgeable reguarding how an NFL team's coaching staff/ team operations work during a time of rebuilding. Ultimatly i will ask all posters this; how many time would you let a contracter build/rebuild your home(although this home won first place in the parade of homes ten years ago) before you fire the contractor and find a new one? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Shafer

Comment

Expectations. What were they?

Many a poster here has expressed over and over that the Broncos are failing miserably in his or her own words. I just wondered what your expectations heading into the season were?? At this point and for the entire season...

I had the Broncos winning 10, maybe 11 and finishing 2nd to SD while snagging a wild card. I had them 3-3 after this week....Although they haven't impressed- a win tomorrow and they're right where I thought they'd be (record-wise) through, seemingly, the toughest part of the schedule.

Comment

Well, we could be as good as any of those other coaching carousel franchises... Arizona, Detroit, Buffalo, (are you starting to see a pattern yet?). the owners get impatient, because they spend all the money on signing players, etc, and see a coach start working his plan to get the team on the right track... then let him go when he hasn't won the Super Bowl in his second year. New coach gets hired, starts out working on his plan, vicious cycle, lather, rinse, repeat...

If Shanny was a crappy coach, and could only win with Elway, how well did Elway do at winning championships without Shanny?

I don't think throwing him out would be a good move AT ALL! In the recent drafts, he's definitely getting better players now. If this were an exact science, perhaps you have a good point, but there is much dependency on luck, no injuries, and player personality to make it all fall to the head coach.

As you can see, I'm not with you on this.

Comment

Spoiled?

I touched this in another thread...Do you feel that the Broncos fan-base is spoiled?? Over the last 6 seasons or so, the Pats and Colts have been the most....but take a cross-section of a couple decades worth of seasons and wonder if there is another team that has the consistent success of the Broncos???

This season's too young to know if they'll be winners or not....so of the last 21:

Winning seasons:14
                          .500: 4
                          Losing seasons: 3 (and they averaged 6 wins in those three)

Super Bowls: 5!!!!!

***Yeah, the Broncos are 11-10 in the last 21 games and playing very mediocre football right now....but let us not mistake this spell as anything but the rigors of business in the NFL. How many teams would absolutely KILL for the Broncos' last two decades?? And the fans??? Usually more passionate than players and ownership....Don't you think the Lions, Cards, Browns, etc. fans would kill for a sniff of the success that we've been lucky enough to partake in?? I say we squash the doom and gloom until there's something to be saddened by!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ludes0208 View Post
                            I touched this in another thread...Do you feel that the Broncos fan-base is spoiled?? Over the last 6 seasons or so, the Pats and Colts have been the most....but take a cross-section of a couple decades worth of seasons and wonder if there is another team that has the consistent success of the Broncos???

This season's too young to know if they'll be winners or not....so of the last 21:

Winning seasons:14
                            .500: 4
                            Losing seasons: 3 (and they averaged 6 wins in those three)

Super Bowls: 5!!!!!

***Yeah, the Broncos are 11-10 in the last 21 games and playing very mediocre football right now....but let us not mistake this spell as anything but the rigors of business in the NFL. How many teams would absolutely KILL for the Broncos' last two decades?? And the fans??? Usually more passionate than players and ownership....Don't you think the Lions, Cards, Browns, etc. fans would kill for a sniff of the success that we've been lucky enough to partake in?? I say we squash the doom and gloom until there's something to be saddened by!!!
                            I truly believe that we are spoiled as fans.

We have been quality for so long that its expected to win a SB every year, and when we are no doubtly in a REBUILDING season some get mad about it.

I am mad we are not winning.

I am glad we are going to be in the future.
                            sigpic

Comment

At some point they'll part ways (Shanny and management)...but what have we seen for him to deserve this talk?? Uh, let's see...one losing season in 12 and a whopping game under .500 this season??? 2 frickin years ago they played a home AFC Championship and ended the Godly-Pats playoff win streak!?!?! Come on peeps!
                              Last edited by Ludes0208; 10-20-2007, 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Working...
                              X