No announcement yet.

Bates system shelved during bye week!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bates system shelved during bye week!!

The Broncos reportedly got rid of assistant head coach/defense Jim Bates' system during their Week 6 bye.

"We just don't have the personnel to play it," a Denver insider told FOXSports.com. The addition of Bates and Dre' Bly excited us in the offseason about Denver's fantasy defense, but they haven't delivered. This might be bad news for Broncos middle linebacker D.J. Williams' statistics.

Can this be the turn around we need?

Do you have a link to the article? I just did a brief look-through on foxsports.com and didn't see anything... I'd love to read it though.
    sigpic

Comment

I wish but I doubt it's true.

Comment

That would be nice if it was true, but can you please post a link.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") <-------Post Peach in your sig if you want world domination

Comment

Originally posted by #27 View Post
          The Broncos reportedly got rid of assistant head coach/defense Jim Bates' system during their Week 6 bye.

"We just don't have the personnel to play it," a Denver insider told FOXSports.com. The addition of Bates and Dre' Bly excited us in the offseason about Denver's fantasy defense, but they haven't delivered. This might be bad news for Broncos middle linebacker D.J. Williams' statistics.

Can this be the turn around we need?
          So far Bly has delivered.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

here is the link
            http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7358452

Comment

omg nice if thats true and we go back to how we did last year with our lbs being the leagues best not worst we can easily stop pitts run game and win...
              they were breaking the scheme down on nfl matchup how our lbs over pursue and over think everything with the new scheme so hopefully if our run d clicks the team will
              sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

thats good news, bates system might work, but we just dont have the people up front to make it effective, hopefully this will fix our defensive woes... i never thought id miss coyer this much lol

Comment

How assinine!
                  So what's going to be their excuse after this game?

And if this is true, does this mean that Jake is going to be getting brought back? I mean, evidently, the personnel change there hasn't mattered.....
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

i think the real problem with the run defense is al wilson being gone, guess we will find out sunday night
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                      i think the real problem with the run defense is al wilson being gone, guess we will find out sunday night
                      I knew we would miss Al Wilson more than anyone thought.We just dont have anyone with the passion and desire to get to the ball like Wilson did.He forced everyone else to play with more energy because of his own fire.This team needs energy and attitude more than anything else.I thought early in the Bills game Williams and Webster were doing a good job playing with intensity and laying some wood on the ball carrier.Since then they have looked uninspired.We need a massive performance from the crowd to maybe get these guys going.

I wouldnt mind seeing us toss the Bates system in favor of a more standard scheme.We need to try something else thats for sure.

Comment

ITs just a band aid on a defense that lacks starpower. You have to have starpower in the front seven to win in the NFL. The Broncos have zero impact players in the front 7.

The rookie class- a promising group of youngsters but they are rookies.

Sam Adams-washed up fatman.

Dumerville-I like him and he is a good player.

Engleberger and the rest of our DE's that are not rookies-nothing special at all and over matched at the LOS.

Linebackers- DJ Williams was once a promising player and may be again but he keeps being moved out of position. THey need to let him play his natural OLB position even thought Gold occupies that spot. Gold-does not seem to do much nowadays. At one point he was a very valuable linebacker. Nate Webster the master of the over run.

There is not one true impact player on the defense in the front seven RIGHT NOW. Maybe that will change and DJ comes to life or one of the rooks sees the light but until then this defense is soft.

This is not a playoff calibur defense regardless of scheme.

And now according to the numerous blind bronco fans Im not a true fan. Ive been following this team every year since 1980. There are years when teams simply don't have it. This team doesn't have it. I want to see them rebuild the defense through the draft then add in a free agent or two to solidify when needed.
                        Last edited by BroncoRy; 10-21-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Just let the front four rush the passer and attack the ball. It works for the Colts, and Pats.
                          11/6/11 - The day the Oakland Raiders got raptured!

Comment

We really need to improve on defense, Cutler has struggled, but defensively, we seem to find ourselves in bad situations too often.

Comment

Originally posted by DBfan187 View Post
                              Just let the front four rush the passer and attack the ball. It works for the Colts, and Pats.
                              Wonder why they haven't thought of that.....uh maybe because they cannot get any pressure!?!?!

Comment

Working...
                              X