DJ Williams (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dezperado24 View Post
    The young d-line man played great also. But the one weaklink i keep seeing is Webster he's the one that keeps giving up the big runs off of his gap.

i agree i thought the whole defense stepped and played great except for webster, he still looked horribe.
    sigpic
    BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

Comment

Can DJ get some love?

Hey man, I was looking at the Poll on the Denver homepage... why is DJ not up there?? 7 tackles solo, 2 assisted, brought pressure several times on Big Ben and had a pick... Yet he's not even up on the poll?

DATS JUST CRAXY FOO!!

But no seriously, he's really been growing into the mold of a good middle linebacker through these first 6 games, and I think he will get even better as the season continues.

Comment

Originally posted by rbk_bronco View Post
        D.J is one heck of a football player when he's not being blocked by 300 pund lineman.
        Which is why WSLB is his true position. I hope as much as anyone that DJ becomes a great MLB, but by putting 8 in the box you relieve a lot of pressure on the MLB. You can blame the Dline all you want, but on most running plays blocking assignment call for an Olineman to be on the MLB when 7 are in the box. That is why you need a MLB that can read and react quickly and beat the pulling guard or releasing OT to the spot of the play, before the Olineman can get his hands on him.

I loved seeing DJ playing downhill and attacking the play. I think we would see it consistently if DJ was playing WSLB.

As much as everyone is applauding our D, we still gave up 28 points and that was with three drives stopped with TOs. Parker still averaged 4.4 ypc and the only difference between the SD game and the Pitt game was that Pitt ran less, Our O scored in the redzone, and we were +1 in turnovers instead of -2. Without those TOs, Pitt scores close to 40.

I think we will continue to get better on D, but I think we surprised Pitt a little in the 1st half with our D. The second half we gave up 21 points and that could have been worse if we hadn't put together an 8 minute drive.

I did really like the intensity of the defense which was a welcome sight after the lethargic play of the previous two games.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
        J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
        R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

D.J. is doing exceptionally well.

He gets better every week.

I really liked his awareness at this game. He also showed off his athletic ability when he made big plays.
          MMA News
          MMA News 247

Comment

I was actually most impressed when he caught... I think Santonio Holmes from behind when he was more than 10 yards back. Saved a touchdown and I have NO CLUE how he did it. It was either Holmes or Willie Parker but all I know is that a lot of MLB's would not have caught up to that person. That one truly impressed me.

And I just wanted to make sure of something... On DJ's pick, did Ian Gold tip that? Or did the receiver just drop it? I really think Ian tipped it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
              I was actually most impressed when he caught... I think Santonio Holmes from behind when he was more than 10 yards back. Saved a touchdown and I have NO CLUE how he did it. It was either Holmes or Willie Parker but all I know is that a lot of MLB's would not have caught up to that person. That one truly impressed me.

And I just wanted to make sure of something... On DJ's pick, did Ian Gold tip that? Or did the receiver just drop it? I really think Ian tipped it.
              It was parker that play he mad was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by MarvinWillis View Post
                It was parker that play he mad was really good.
                Yeah so I guess it was Willie. I was really surprised there, he saved a touchdown, or at least a huge play.

Comment

A little off topic... but why doesn't Ian Gold wear gloves?

I remember DJ tried a preseason game without them, and has had them ever since.

Comment

DJ played excellent on Sunday...now if we could only get that out of Ian Gold...

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

On "the insider" tonight they showed one of DJ's plays.

Defense moves, he doesn't for a moment, he reads the play.

It wasn't the play I mentioned, but the result was the same, he blew up the rb.

They even used the words "blew him up".

He is gonna be allright.

Comment

Working...
                      X