Elvis Dumervil should now be considerd a "scary DE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elvis Dumervil should now be considerd a "scary DE"

Elvis Dumervil, the young 23 year old 5-11 260 pound DE that many critics thought couldn't be a starter in the NFL.

He proved them wrong.

The critics also thought that he was too small to stop the run, get around big LTs....

He proved them wrong.

Elvis Dumervil played one hell of a game last night. From the first play on defense, I thought he was the catalyst that made that Dline get pressure onBig Ben. I counted, as I'm sure many of you did, many times that he got into the backfield.

His stat line? 4 Tackles, 2 sacks, and 1 forced fumble.

Those stats are a very good game, but also misleading. Elvis had a motor that did not run out of gas. He was always.. Always getting pressure on Big Ben. The time that impressed me the most, was when he split the LT and LG, got to Ben, and forced the fumble.

Duemrvil should be considerd a feared DE in the NFL today. John Madden said it in the game, and he circled the guy. His words were along the line of "You gotta watch out for this guy right here". What did Elvis then do? He got to the QB.

I loved when we drafted him, I thought he had a good rookie year, and I think he's nowhere near a sophomore slump.

And John and Al didn't consider him for the Horse trailer, player of the game.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUME! :clap:

He was easily my horse player of the game. Elvis was a beast last night and has something like 6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 DFR, and 1 Int on hte year. I was very impressed by our entire D-line last night and hope they keep it up. Marcus Thomas also looked very good last night. Of course, we should have had about 5 more sacks
    My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by jb_edson81 View Post
      He was easily my horse player of the game. Elvis was a beast last night and has something like 6 sacks, 2 FF, 1 DFR, and 1 Int on hte year. I was very impressed by our entire D-line last night and hope they keep it up. Marcus Thomas also looked very good last night. Of course, we should have had about 5 more sacks
      I know!

Ugh, it killed me to see them get so close for another sack, and then Ben would actually make a good pass out of it.

Who cares... the Dline played a great game, but I think Dume played better then all of them.

Comment

Not to take anything away from Roethlisberger, but their O-Line was holding a lot in the 4th quarter

It also seemed the Line Judge was off having a Rockies burger (that blatabt false start?)

But Dumervil is awesome, and very strong. He's so fun to watch and I hope we do whatever we can to continue his success.

It's funny cause I am about the same height as he, and he outweighs me by like 80 lbs. And that 80 lbs, i'm sure, is pure muscle and strength
        sigpic

Comment

Doom was unstoppable last night. And Moss was a big force as well.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Dumervil is AWESOME. For someone of his size to dominate guys that are 6 inches taller and 80 lbs heavier week in and week out is just AWESOME. This guy has tremendous skill. But at the same time Moss and Crowder are coming along. They will be a very hard three to stop pretty soon. Then add Thomas who is doing great considering this is his first football action in a little over a year and a half. GO YOUNG D-LINE. Now all we need is two linebackers to go along side a fast improving D.J. Williams. and lets not forget a safety because to me Ferguson sucks a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan04 View Post
              Dumervil is AWESOME. For someone of his size to dominate guys that are 6 inches taller and 80 lbs heavier week in and week out is just AWESOME. This guy has tremendous skill. But at the same time Moss and Crowder are coming along. They will be a very hard three to stop pretty soon. Then add Thomas who is doing great considering this is his first football action in a little over a year and a half. GO YOUNG D-LINE. Now all we need is two linebackers to go along side a fast improving D.J. Williams. and lets not forget a safety because to me Ferguson sucks a$$.
              Ferguson and Gold are the two big holes in the defense at this point.

Comment

Elvis did a great job last night!

I loved it when John said "I'm trying to think of a DE that is under 6 feet tall...and I cant think of one!"

I wondered last night how Elvis fell to the 4th round. He is proving he should have gone sooner than that.
                Sometimes the chances the front office takes with personell are awesome. I'm looking foreward to seeing that Elvis can do next week!
                sigpic
                Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                  I wondered last night how Elvis fell to the 4th round. He is proving he should have gone sooner than that.
                  Sometimes the chances the front office takes with personell are awesome. I'm looking foreward to seeing that Elvis can do next week!
                  As they say, don't judge a book by it's cover.

I guess many scouts did with Elvis...

:nono:

Comment

Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
                    Ferguson and Gold are the two big holes in the defense at this point.
                    are u kidding me on fergy??? i never noticed till this year how good he is he never misses a tackle hes always in on the play helping out and is great at making open field tackles if anything its golds coverage skills or lack there of
                    sigpic

Check out my NFL Draft website!

Comment

whew!
                      Thread cleaned up.
                      Please keep on the terffic topic of Evis being a scary DE.

Thank you.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                      -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by DaChAmPiShErE24 View Post
                        are u kidding me on fergy??? i never noticed till this year how good he is he never misses a tackle hes always in on the play helping out and is great at making open field tackles if anything its golds coverage skills or lack there of
                        The problem with Fergy is that he's not good in coverage.
                        He always gets beat deep.

Gold can't tackle.

Comment

Dumerville was great and his double team split to force the fumble was amazing.

As for Ferguson, he knows how to play the game very well, but he isn't as athletic as we would all like.

Comment

Ferguson got beat once deep (barely) and got beat on a TD. Aside from those two plays, he did well.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

Man Elvis is such a beast, it was such a fun game to watch and actually see a defense on the field. My question is, was the improvement on D caused by the alleged scraping of the Bates system or was it simply the D finally gelling with each other?

Either way I can't wait till these young D boys start to dominate like we all know they can. If it wasn't for big ben being as mobile as he is, the D would have had at least 4-5 more sacks. Here's to the team getting back on track and playing with some consistency!
                              QB with Cannon Arm- check
                              RB that runs like a Tank- check
                              Top Flight WR's- check
                              Heat Seeking DL- check
                              Peircing LB Corp- check
                              No fly zone Secondary- check

Comment

Working...
                              X