No announcement yet.

Elvis Dumervil should now be considerd a "scary DE"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumervil is the D lineman that Shanahan has been most passionate about (from a drafting standpoint) during his tenure. Thank goodness that Freeney inspired Mike to draft Elvis. We are all happier because of that Pro Bowl observation.

Comment

Originally posted by broncobred View Post
      Man Elvis is such a beast, it was such a fun game to watch and actually see a defense on the field. My question is, was the improvement on D caused by the alleged scraping of the Bates system or was it simply the D finally gelling with each other?

Either way I can't wait till these young D boys start to dominate like we all know they can. If it wasn't for big ben being as mobile as he is, the D would have had at least 4-5 more sacks. Here's to the team getting back on track and playing with some consistency!
      I think it was because we got rid of Bates scheme.

The players didn't have to "think" so hard of what they had to do.

They looked amazing getting to the QB... especially when the one time the whole darn Dline was on top of big Ben!

1/4 of a sack to all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
        Ferguson got beat once deep (barely) and got beat on a TD. Aside from those two plays, he did well.
        He plays pretty well in run support - I remember one particularly nice backfield tackle for a loss off a blitz. I wish some of our other players would wrap-up their tackles like that instead of whiffing on big hit attempts (Nate Webster, this means you!).

Comment

You know who else plays well in Pass support?

Dume...

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            I think it was because we got rid of Bates scheme.

The players didn't have to "think" so hard of what they had to do.

They looked amazing getting to the QB... especially when the one time the whole darn Dline was on top of big Ben!

1/4 of a sack to all of them.
            okay...I have to ask. When the whole D line was on Ben, one player jumped in on top of the pile. Who was that?

I swear, it reminded me of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, anytime Hobbes would pounce on Calvin. Arms and legs spread wide, he launches himself onto Calvin.

I cracked up laughing when I saw that!
            sigpic
            Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
            -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
              okay...I have to ask. When the whole D line was on Ben, one player jumped in on top of the pile. Who was that?

I swear, it reminded me of the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon, anytime Hobbes would pounce on Calvin. Arms and legs spread wide, he launches himself onto Calvin.

I just watched it on broncos TV...

There are like 2 players... but the main guy that stood out was Williams.

Sorry Williams.

Comment

I started laughing too when I saw that. I believe it was DJ Williams that jumped on the pile.
                QB with Cannon Arm- check
                RB that runs like a Tank- check
                Top Flight WR's- check
                Heat Seeking DL- check
                Peircing LB Corp- check
                No fly zone Secondary- check

Comment

DJ Williams....homicidal psycho jungle cat!

Thanks for the info!
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

I feel Engelberger and amon gordon is our two weak points in defense

Comment

Don't forget Elvis, he jumped on the pile too!!! The man of the year!!!

Comment

DJ Williams....homicidal psycho jungle cat!

Thanks for the info!
                        My friends and I were laughing at that play too last night haha

Dumervil really did play lights out last night. I really love seeing a defense like that. Looks like he'll get at least 10 sacks this year!

He's tied for 6th place with two other players right now with 6 sacks.

Jared Allen and Osi Umenyiora are 1st with 8 and Justin Tuck, Julian Peterson, and Trent Cole are next with 7 sacks a piece.
                        I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X