Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumervil up for defensive player of week, VOTE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hallam Bronco View Post
    I voted for Elvis and Jay!
    Good job - Thanks for the support!

----------------------------------------------
    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Voted for Elvis, Jay and Kenny Watson.
      all had great games

(honestly would have voted for anyone but Brady...since Jay is there this week, it makes it a no-brainer!)
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

D

U

M

E

R

V

I

L

L

E

Das my boy...
        COPYWRITED MATERIAL Copyright © 1975 by Dr Velcro

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post
          Elvis was one of the few Bronco picks in recent memory drafted for being a good football player.

He didn't have the prototypical size, the unreal 40 speed, his combine numbers didn't pop off the charts.

But, he sure knew how to find the quarterback.

A throwback pick if you will.

I gave them kudos when they drafted him, I give them Kudos now.

He (according to scouting reports) was supposed to have problems at this level.

all I can say is.......he still knows how to find the quarterback.
          Props for Dumervil.

But, C Greg Eslinger was also picked because he was an outstanding OL in college, and won an award as one of the best OL in college football. But everybody passed on him in the draft because he was too small.

Well, it turns out after 2 seasons that . . . he's too small. Sometimes the conventional wisdom is right.

He's not strong enough to make the 53 man roster and is spending his second (and final) year on the practice squad. Next year he either makes it as a backup center on the active roster, or he's cut. If he cant' make the Broncos there's little chance he'll find a home elsewhere in the NFL where former 6th round draft picks who are OL weighing 290 lbs. normally don't get picked up by other teams. He's about 30 lbs. light and 2 inches too short to be the average DL.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fred the Bunny View Post
            D

U

M

E

R

V

I

L

L

E

Das my boy...
            You need to spell your boys name right.

Dumervil!

Comment

All he does is sack quarterbacks

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                Props for Dumervil.

But, C Greg Eslinger was also picked because he was an outstanding OL in college, and won an award as one of the best OL in college football. But everybody passed on him in the draft because he was too small.

Well, it turns out after 2 seasons that . . . he's too small. Sometimes the conventional wisdom is right.

He's not strong enough to make the 53 man roster and is spending his second (and final) year on the practice squad. Next year he either makes it as a backup center on the active roster, or he's cut. If he cant' make the Broncos there's little chance he'll find a home elsewhere in the NFL where former 6th round draft picks who are OL weighing 290 lbs. normally don't get picked up by other teams. He's about 30 lbs. light and 2 inches too short to be the average DL.
                __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

So , your saying we should have passed on Dumerville ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel View Post
                  Props for Dumervil.

And sometimes conventional wisdom takes a flying leap

It really impressed me this 5'11, undersized DE fought off a double team, sacked the QB and caused a FF.

The announcers for the game say its hard to contain him, because of his size. He is typically under the hand placements of the O-lineman, causing them to rock back in their stance and go off balance, creating an unusual match-up.

I'm glad we got this guy,and I hope he makes defensive player of the week
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                    And sometimes conventional wisdom takes a flying leap

It really impressed me this 5'11, undersized DE fought off a double team, sacked the QB and caused a FF.

The announcers for the game say its hard to contain him, because of his size. He is typically under the hand placements of the O-lineman, causing them to rock back in their stance and go off balance, creating an unusual match-up.

I'm glad we got this guy,and I hope he makes defensive player of the week
                    __________________________________________________ ______________________________________________

Defensive players have a better shot at making it.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7 View Post
                      __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

So , your saying we should have passed on Dumerville ?
                      What?? Are you high?

Where did I say anything about passing on Dumervil?

Take a look at my sig!!!!

D'oh!

Obviously Dumervil is having the best season of any Broncos DL.

I merely pointed out that it's not true that Shanahan never drafts players who perform well in college but don't have very good measurables.

He did it with Dumervil and it worked. He tried it with Eslinger who won awards as a college center, and it doesn't appear to have worked at all.

Sometimes the conventional wisdom is right, sometimes, as in Dumervil's case it isn't.

I think you people are a little slow witted today!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X