Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Cutler, best QB in 06 draft!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jay Cutler, best QB in 06 draft!

    It's hard to bring up the Jay Cutler vs. V. Young (Leinart is a joke, so he's not worthy of mention any more.) But here's something to think about b/c seeing the how the Titan's game played out yesterday gave me a chuckle.

    The slug that is the Titans' offense scored more points yesterday than in any game since 2004! Now, the slime trail behind that slug usually leads one to Vince Young with passing numbers like those of Vick on a bad day. But, somehow they manage to comeback & win giving the man leaving the slime trail all the glory of a Joe Montana.

    Yesterday that trail would lead to one KERRY COLLINS! Who led them to 38 points and a last second win!! Wake up all you Young lovers, it's your defense and cheap form of "Marty ball" that is winning for you...not V. Young. Cutler's stats will make Young look like the second rounder he should have been!

    Young has out performed many predictions, but Cutler is already playing great and will only get better.
    John and TD should get their own wing in Canton.

  • #2
    I believe Jay is the best... right now. But it's too early to pronounce a verdict on any of them.

    Let's check back in a few years and see how they compare. Hopefully Jay will still be on top.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

    Comment


    • #3
      Leinart.

      I agree that he is not the best out of the 3.
      With his great RB, great WR's and an improved team hes just not very good.
      But I have never liked leftys EVER.
      He doesn't have the best of numbers and doesn't win games.
      Thats the worst of both worlds.

      Vince Young wins games but HE is not the reason they win the games. Its simply because of thier good Defense and then he manages to get lucky at the end. Our D played Great when Jake was our QB and then they disappeared. where did they go?

      Jay Cutler is the best out of the draft class I believe as well. He will be good in the future and many years. He is already showing us what he can do. Not many QBs can lead teams on as many game winning drives in thier first 11 games like he has. If we had a good D he would have about 6 game winning drives. Pretty impressive. Just think if Graham didn't drop that pass as well? Perfectly thrown ball but dropped. I'm looking forward to watching this kid play through out his career. I cant wait til Brady retires so he can win a ring. But I think Jay will bring Denver a title. He has all the tools to win. He will show the world why we drafted him. Time well tell though. I cant wait to watch more games.

      No one is talking about Bruce Grodkowski(sp) though.
      He started before Matt, Vince, and Jay I believe.

      I dont think he was that great but he looked okay from time to time.
      He threw a lot of short passes though.
      It seemed like he cant go verticle.

      But yea Jay is the best.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
        Vince Young wins games but HE is not the reason they win the games.

        You're ABSOLUTELY wrong about that. Too early to debate this, really. But to play devil's advocate here (and make a claim for the guy I like less): I have had a long-debate with a die-hard Marino fan as to who's the better QB (he or Elway).....and he always wants to throw up the superior stats in Danny's favor while my go-to is championships and overall wins....It'd be hypocritical on my part to say Jay's better because he has a higher QB rating and better passing numbers when the other has flat-out won more, right??

        I'm a BIG Cutler fan....but let's let him put a couple games back to back and this "debate" will ultimately be where we think it should----a no contest.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ludes0208 View Post
          You're ABSOLUTELY wrong about that. Too early to debate this, really. But to play devil's advocate here (and make a claim for the guy I like less): I have had a long-debate with a die-hard Marino fan as to who's the better QB (he or Elway).....and he always wants to throw up the superior stats in Danny's favor while my go-to is championships and overall wins....It'd be hypocritical on my part to say Jay's better because he has a higher QB rating and better passing numbers when the other has flat-out won more, right??

          I'm a BIG Cutler fan....but let's let him put a couple games back to back and this "debate" will ultimately be where we think it should----a no contest.

          I'm absolutly wrong.
          He might add some spark in the offense but he is way overhyped/ overrated.

          If they were losing games he would be a bust.
          @ his 33 qb rating or whatever it is.

          Kerry Collins seemed to lead them to victory this past week

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm not denying he's much overhyped. Also not denying that his physical gifts help his team win and win and win when he's on the field. He's 11-7 as a starter (including the game 2 weeks ago that was lost while he was on the bench) whereas Cutler isn't .500

            Comment


            • #7
              cutlers the best in the 05, 06 and 07 draft. not just 2006.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Ludes0208 View Post
                I'm not denying he's much overhyped. Also not denying that his physical gifts help his team win and win and win when he's on the field. He's 11-7 as a starter (including the game 2 weeks ago that was lost while he was on the bench) whereas Cutler isn't .500
                Which team has a better Defense?

                I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Titans. We have about 40 more yards then them per game and thier defense has given up about 40 less yards per game then the Broncos.

                Jay moves Denver down the field on practically ever single series.
                How many times to we go 3 and out this year?

                Vince Young will soon flop and then he will be out of the comparison for best QB of the 06 draft class.

                I cant wait til the MNF Game between him and Jay.
                We will all see whos the better QB that night.

                Comment


                • #9
                  titans do have the better defense. Who has the better running game, receiving weapons and o-line??

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Vince Young does not suck, he is and is going to do great things in the nfl, I believe, Stats lie sometimes, just like in the marino and elway comparisons. Although I think Cutler is going to be the better of the two, hes looking more and more like Elway every game, I think young looks alot like Elway also, Its going to be fun to watch for the next 12 to 15 years, so enjoy, Young doesnt have to suck in order for Cutler to be great, they can both be great.
                    Oh and Linheart(I cant even remember how to spell his name) looks more and more like a weak armed bust every day. the Todd Blackledge of the draft.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by broncobuss View Post
                      Vince Young does not suck, he is and is going to do great things in the nfl, I believe, Stats lie sometimes, just like in the marino and elway comparisons. Although I think Cutler is going to be the better of the two, hes looking more and more like Elway every game, I think young looks alot like Elway also, Its going to be fun to watch for the next 12 to 15 years, so enjoy, Young doesnt have to suck in order for Cutler to be great, they can both be great.
                      Oh and Linheart(I cant even remember how to spell his name) looks more and more like a weak armed bust every day. the Todd Blackledge of the draft.
                      Though I don't see VY looking much like Elway, quit talking sense....no one here wants to hear that Vince Young may be a good QB too. In order to feel nice and comfy with Culter- everyone else needs to blow.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh and Linheart(I cant even remember how to spell his name) looks more and more like a weak armed bust every day. the Todd Blackledge of the draft.
                        How can he look more and more like a bust every day when he was lost for the season a few weeks ago. Is he dressing funny or something?


                        My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

                        I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Ludes0208 View Post
                          Though I don't see VY looking much like Elway, quit talking sense....no one here wants to hear that Vince Young may be a good QB too. In order to feel nice and comfy with Culter- everyone else needs to blow.
                          I know, elway had blonde hair and vince has black hair, but other than that, the way vince is able to, no matter how hes played in the game, hes able to make a comback late to steal the game is great. and he can just take over games, and look like a man among boys. thats what Elway used to do in his early years. Cutler is more like Elway in years 5 through 12, in his prime, having good stats and still leading combacks, Thats why Cutler is so scary, its only his 11th game! Although cutler wears #6 and Elway wore #7, so they look nothing alike.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
                            How can he look more and more like a bust every day when he was lost for the season a few weeks ago. Is he dressing funny or something?
                            as a matter of fact, he is No I guess Iam going by the whole season I know he hasnt played the last two weeks, but before that they were benching him "nicely" and were probably glad when he got hurt, until they remembered that the other guy was kurt, always hurt, warner!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              havent you noticed ??

                              i have to say that I THINK Cuttler is better than Young..
                              his arm is impresive but the most impresive thing to me is the capability to trow at ANY WR... did you saw the stats ?
                              Cuttler doesnt have a favorite reciever... he trows at every reciever we see open ... THAT is his strongest.. and the COMEBACK too..
                              a new football ERA

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X