Whats The News On Champ & Dre?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats The News On Champ & Dre?

Hopefully Champs back for the monday nighter and Dres good to go... we need these 2 in there! Does any1 know of anything?

Take Down The Pack!

I'm sure they will both play, Champ sat out last week as a precautionary measure. They will both be back this week and ready to go

Comment

The coaches will know more by the end of the week.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Dre's good to go, at least thats the way Shannahan sounded in press conf.

I'm a bit worried about Champ, Shannys "game time" decisions usually seem to sit. You know how much stock Shanny puts into his practices. If Champ does not practice by Thursday, I'll bet he sits.

Comment

I can say one thing... if Champ doesn't play, I'm glad to have Foxy standing right there to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
            I can say one thing... if Champ doesn't play, I'm glad to have Foxy standing right there to step in.
            He played well vs Pitt. Good open field tackling, quick to the ball. He's the broncos "utility" guy. He also signs autographs before the game!!
            I hope he likes it here, and wants to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
              He played well vs Pitt. Good open field tackling, quick to the ball. He's the broncos "utility" guy. He also signs autographs before the game!!
              I hope he likes it here, and wants to stay.
              I hear that. I hope Foxy will become a long time Bronco, I think He's going to become a great CB as well.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Foxworth played extremely well this week. I don't think he gave up too much yardage (seemed like Tight Ends were our problem again). I remember when we got Bly and I was kind of pissed because I thought Foxworth was more than prepared enough to fill in the number 2 CB spot. But then I thought if Champ went down we'd have Foxworth and Paymah on the field (and Shoate!??). Bly and Foxworth is much better.

Comment

It looks like Dre will be fine. But we NEED Champ to play. I hate having him sit out it just makes me angry. From what they said, he was a gametime decision on Sunday Night(which means he was 90%) and hopfully he can become 100% by Monday.

Comment

karl paymah is champs backup. i seem to remember him playing champs position... maybe i am crazy. lol

Comment

I tell you what you are right the Broncos do need them two.
                      But I think as long as Champ comes back the Broncos will be ok.
                      What happen to Hamza Abdullah ? I know it says hip man did he brake it or what.
                      Im worried that the Broncos will not have Scheffler he played a massive role into beating the Steelers.
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                        karl paymah is champs backup. i seem to remember him playing champs position... maybe i am crazy. lol
                        Forget the Depth Chart. Foxy is our all around man. He's also a very good corner IMO. It would be crazzy to put Paymah in over Fox. Otho Paymah seems allright too.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

champ practiced today and is expected to play

Comment

Originally posted by troylightfoot View Post
                            Yeah but our depthchart is pretty screwwy. If were in a 4-3 defense and somebody in the secondary goes down, Foxworth goes in. If a cornerback and a safety go down, Foxworth plays corner and Abdullah plays safety.

If were in a 4-3 nickle formation and nobody was hurt Foxworth would take the place of either Gold or Webster, because nickle replaces one linebacker with a DB.

So basically Foxworth is our utility guy in the secondary, which means he's the backup cornerback and safety AND the nickelback.

So on our "real" depthchart it would go like this:

FS: Lynch, Foxworth, Abdullah
                            SS: Ferguson, Foxworth, Abdullah
                            LCB: Bailey, Foxworth, Paymah, Shoate
                            RCB: Bly, Foxworth, Paymah, Shoate

Which means that wherever we need help the most Foxworth will go there, it's kind of confusing to explain it but easy to understand.

Just be glad that we have a starting calibre cornerback/safety as a backup and that he isn't asking for a bigger contract or a trade. I remember a few months ago the Chiefs were offering a few draftpicks for Foxworth, i'm glad we turned them down.
                            Last edited by Geandily; 10-24-2007, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                              I tell you what you are right the Broncos do need them two.
                              But I think as long as Champ comes back the Broncos will be ok.
                              What happen to Hamza Abdullah ? I know it says hip man did he brake it or what.
                              Im worried that the Broncos will not have Scheffler he played a massive role into beating the Steelers.
                              Bailey practiced and should be good to go. Dre's shoulder is sore, but was very minor and he played with it last week, so I'll bet he's good to go. Hamza's hip was bruised a few weeks ago. He has practiced the last 2 weeks. Full practice last week partial the week before, so he should be active this week (Which is good because we need speed at safety)

Scheffler, they said it was a very minor injury and he should play this week.

Give it another 4-5 weeks and we should have pretty much everyone back that's coming back, including Smith and Walker.

Comment

Working...
                              X