Bethel Johnson vs Brian Clark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethel Johnson vs Brian Clark

Interesting idea. Bethel could help stretch the field in Walker's absence. That's the one thing we may be missing right now is speed for a deep ball [and we know Jay can wing'em deep]. And Bethel has return experience. In case we need it.

from the DPost:
    Workouts. Among the four wide receivers the Broncos worked out Tuesday was veteran Bethel Johnson, a 2003 second-round pick by New England. Known for his speed, Johnson had success as a receiver and a return man while with the Patriots. He was traded last year to New Orleans and cut by the Saints. He was later cut by Minnesota last season.

The Broncos also looked at receivers Taylor Jacobs, Chad Owens and Cliff Russell.
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

I wouldn´t mind, he is a dast guy, and he could stretch the field really good

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
      Interesting idea. Bethel could help stretch the field in Walker's absence. That's the one thing we may be missing right now is speed for a deep ball [and we know Jay can wing'em deep]. And Bethel has return experience. In case we need it.

from the DPost:
      Workouts. Among the four wide receivers the Broncos worked out Tuesday was veteran Bethel Johnson, a 2003 second-round pick by New England. Known for his speed, Johnson had success as a receiver and a return man while with the Patriots. He was traded last year to New Orleans and cut by the Saints. He was later cut by Minnesota last season.

The Broncos also looked at receivers Taylor Jacobs, Chad Owens and Cliff Russell.

All of these players are known for KR skills. They would most likely not see the field on offense. Bethel is fast, but there is a reason he has been cut twice(essentially 3 times. that trade was b.s.) he can not run routes and he doesnt go over the middle. he runs the go route.. and thats about it. Owens and russell are the same guy essentially, small fast returners.

Comment

I really coundn't care less about his receiving skills, i want a great returner!! one of those guys is well overdue for the Broncos... LETS GET BETHEL!
        "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
        R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

wasz sup with quincy morgan!!! we should bring him back.... bethel johnson is better than brian clark on the return kicks. the man is fast..

Comment

Im all for it for it
            I dont know alot Bethel Johnson
            But I would say he is alot like Ashley Lelie was
            Can run deep routes and not much else.
            He probley had a hard time doing the inside routes etc probley took plays off /shrug.
            Maybe the Broncos will sign him and he will come in with a hunger to get back and to make some money.
            If they do sign him they better not cut the Mustard.
            :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

did we bring in a new guy for both nalen and Jackson when they got on the IR list? or just for one of them?

Comment

yep both

Originally posted by bjoli198 View Post
                did we bring in a new guy for both nalen and Jackson when they got on the IR list? or just for one of them?
                We brought back PJ Alexander for Oline depth as well as resigned Chad Mustard for TE.

That's why I'm thinking that if we did go after Johnson or Owens we'd have to cut Clark. I don't think there's anyone else we'd want to risk right now.
                "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

bethel

i read somewhere that bethel ran a 4.24 in workouts prior to the draft..

Comment

Originally posted by ChangAlang24 View Post
                    i read somewhere that bethel ran a 4.24 in workouts prior to the draft..
                    yea!! that y he a 2nd rounder pick by pats...

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                      Im all for it for it
                      I dont know alot Bethel Johnson
                      But I would say he is alot like Ashley Lelie was
                      Can run deep routes and not much else.
                      He probley had a hard time doing the inside routes etc probley took plays off /shrug.
                      Maybe the Broncos will sign him and he will come in with a hunger to get back and to make some money.
                      If they do sign him they better not cut the Mustard.

No, cuz then we're destined to lose again. It is written.

sigpic
                      They're your teammates, now.
                      Best of luck, TT!
                      ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Working...
                      X