The Legend vs. The Kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend vs. The Kid

You will hear this throughout the weekend. A lot of people actually compared Cutler to Favre during the 2006 draft. So here is the match up that the NFL wants to give you on their night of football.

So do you think that it is fair to say that Cutler has the stronger arm in the NFL? Or did Favre lose some velocity? I for one am looking forward to this game and expect a possible shootout. Too bad Javon Walker isn't playing in this game adding even more drama to the game.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Anyone else catch Mike & Mike this morning when they had Phil Simms on? They were going over the Brady vs. Manning, who's the best......they mentioned about 5 or 6 QB's.....Brady, Manning, McNabb, Favre, lil Manning and.....drumroll please......CUTLER! How awesome is that? :dance: They also compared him to Favre and said he's one of the only young guys that has a deep ball like Favre's. All 3 said they have been impressed with Cutler and what he has been able to do in his short career.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
      Anyone else catch Mike & Mike this morning when they had Phil Simms on? They were going over the Brady vs. Manning, who's the best......they mentioned about 5 or 6 QB's.....Brady, Manning, McNabb, Favre, lil Manning and.....drumroll please......CUTLER! How awesome is that? :dance: They also compared him to Favre and said he's one of the only young guys that has a deep ball like Favre's. All 3 said they have been impressed with Cutler and what he has been able to do in his short career.
      Madden said on Sun night that Cutler has the strongest arm in the NFL.
      ( I think he said "strongest", he may have used a variation of words, he rambles alot)

Comment

IMO I think it is a toss up between him and Carson Palmer,Brady,Manning all three can really zing it when they have to.

I think Farve has lost a little bit but you cant tell this early into the season.
        He sure can make up for some skill that he has lost with the Xp he has.
        If you ask me 15 years down the road "who was some of the vets in the NFL" ??
        I would have to say Farve I never did like him but I sure do respect him.
        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by AsianOrange View Post
          You will hear this throughout the weekend. A lot of people actually compared Cutler to Favre during the 2006 draft. So here is the match up that the NFL wants to give you on their night of football.

So do you think that it is fair to say that Cutler has the stronger arm in the NFL? Or did Favre lose some velocity? I for one am looking forward to this game and expect a possible shootout. Too bad Javon Walker isn't playing in this game adding even more drama to the game.
          Before the draft when Cutler got the same agent as favre. Favre Quoted somthing like I am still able to throw througha mountain but cutler can not just throw through it... he can throw over it.

Cutler a lot of similarities of shear stregth and toughness as Favre. I wrote a big article in debate why I thought he was the best QB coming out. Here is a link to the post
          Last edited by Nick; 10-24-2007, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Giveemlove View Post
            I always like Phil Simms and how he supports the Broncos as one of the elite teams in the league. Thanks for the heads up Gem, I plan to download that podcast as soon as it becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
              IMO I think it is a toss up between him and Carson Palmer,Brady,Manning all three can really zing it when they have to.

I think Farve has lost a little bit but you cant tell this early into the season.
              I don't think Palmer, Brady or Manning have the pure velocity on the ball that Cutler has. MAYBE McNabb or Favre come close, but it's hard to compare them head to head. All of those guys have more XP, and some of them might throw with better touch, but I think that JaMarcus Russell is the only NFL QB who can compare with Cutler in terms of arm strength, and he's not a starter so we have no idea of his skill level.

The thing I'm even MORE excited about though is Cutler's reputation for film study, and the fact that he seems like the kind of QB who wins with his smarts, not just his arm, and in a few years should have the kind of knowledge of the game that some of the greats do. Once he gets that..... man, watch out NFL!!

Comment

Originally posted by shooter_j View Post
                .... but I think that JaMarcus Russell is the only NFL QB who can compare with Cutler in terms of arm strength, and he's not a starter so we have no idea of his skill level.
                JaMarcus Russell is in this league?!? Keep forgetting he was drafted.

Comment

JaMarcus Russell is in this league?!? Keep forgetting he was drafted.
                  me to
                  I think we will see a heck of a shootout on MNF. I wish the commentators were going to be different, but thats the way its gotta be, I guess.

Maybe with Farve on the field, Tony C. can contain his man crush on Brady for a while

Farve is a legend, no doubt. He's had a heck of year so far...but I keep thinking if they cant run the ball, they might go the way of the Eagles. They only got so far before they realized they needed Westbrook. Eventually teams do figure out one dimensional teams.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by shooter_j View Post
                    The thing I'm even MORE excited about though is Cutler's reputation for film study, and the fact that he seems like the kind of QB who wins with his smarts, not just his arm, and in a few years should have the kind of knowledge of the game that some of the greats do. Once he gets that..... man, watch out NFL!!
                    Added to that is Cutler embracing the pressure he's under playing in Denver and the poise he displays when talking about it. Not only is he a student of the game (unlike Griese or Plummer) but he has such steadfast mental fortitude to be poised when the pressure is on. Just looking at his picture you can see a quite confidence in his countenance.

I wonder what Cutler would be like if he had gone to a big name school like Miami, USC, OU, etc. Would he have the poise he has now after going through the shooting gallery at Vanderbilt?

Comment

I always like Phil Simms and how he supports the Broncos as one of the elite teams in the league. Thanks for the heads up Gem, I plan to download that podcast as soon as it becomes available.
                      The thing is about Phil, Jaws, Steve Young, Favre is that they know a good QB when they see one. They talk about the bad ones too but not as nice

----------------------------------------------
                      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

I think it is out?

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/index

----------------------------------------------
                        I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post

this reminded me of some guy here that said Plummer's arm was about as strong as Manning's (peyton) lolz

in terms of arm strength, i'd rank:

Cutler
                          McNabb
                          Palmer
                          P.Manning
                          Favre

Vick would be top if he were still playing

Comment

You know, it's only natural that many Bronco fans make the inevitable comparison to Elway. But to me, Cutler compares much closer to Favre than to Elway. (Although that scramble against the Steelers did remind me a bit of a certain #7. )

But style aside, what really matters is that good old "IT" factor. Elway had "it". Favre had "it". And while it's too soon to say for certain that Cutler has "it" he's off to a very good start with all his crunch-time drives so early in his career.

Hopefully 20 years from now we're having debates about our new hotshot QB and whether he reminds us more of the Legend #7 or the Sequel #6.
                            "You can't take the sky from me..."
                            ------
                            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzman1987 View Post
                              this reminded me of some guy here that said Plummer's arm was about as strong as Manning's (peyton) lolz

in terms of arm strength, i'd rank:

Cutler
                              McNabb
                              Palmer
                              P.Manning
                              Favre

Vick would be top if he were still playing
                              You make fun of that guy for what he said, and then rank Manning's arm ahead of Favre's?
                              Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X