Defense?? for real or a fluke??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense?? for real or a fluke??

i dont know what came over the broncos sunday night but i would sure like to see more of that defense. i dont know if bowlen told bates to straighten up or get the boot or what, but whatever happened, it worked. sunday was the first day i actually seen denver put pressure on the qb and stop the run (sometimes). please let me know what you think of this defensive turn around. was it for real or a fluke?

Part of it was the extra time to prepare for Pittsburgh. Only time will tell if it was for real or not.

Comment

I like to think positive - for real

I hope

----------------------------------------------
      I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Originally posted by cutlerfan View Post
        I like to think positive - for real

I hope
        I sure hope its for real. With Champ back. Im thinking it will be.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Yep, they looked good allowing touchdowns on all three of PITs final three drives.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronstory View Post
            Yep, they looked good allowing touchdowns on all three of PITs final three drives.
            Yea thats Saftey D for you.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Amazing we can be so happy about a defense that gives up 28 points at home to the freakin' Steelers!

Comment

Defense Doing Good

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                Amazing we can be so happy about a defense that gives up 28 points at home to the freakin' Steelers!
                Yah the freaking stealers 6th best offense in the league avg. 26.7 points a game and we held the 5th best running back in the league to under 100 yards yah i'd say defense had a good game on sunday. He is also the 2nd in the league for avg yards a game at 100 so i say our defense really stepped it up.

So here's to more production from our defense

Comment

We will find out if the defense is for real or a fluke in the next few games. I know that they are trying hard to get the D-line on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by broncsx3 View Post
                    It was all done by passing. It just shows how much we missed Champ - even though Foxy led the team in tackles for that game.

----------------------------------------------
                    I work at Vanderbilt University

Where Jay Graduated!

I tell you I love Elway! He was my hero growing up. I loved the way he threw the ball with velocity! I love that in a QB. This is why I am a Cutlerfan!!

Comment

Knock on wood! Sure looked damn good to me, I have to tell ya. THAT was what I had been missing so badly (ALMOST more than a win), was for our boys to show some HEART. The D came out and I saw HEART right off. I was on my feet doing my "that's the way un huh uh huh I like it dance" I do to embarrass my boys within minutes, and I had not been able to do that damn dance ONCE in 3 weeks! Now we need to bring MORE of that Monday night against those cheeseheads! Told my kiddos if our D plays like that, the Pack, could very well be in trouble ~
                      I have an open mind. It is just closed for repairs
                      GO BRONCOS

Comment

that steelers game is precisely why you can't judge a defense just by looking at points given up. 3 of those touchdowns might've easily not been scored any other time. ben got very lucky, and we didn't even have champ playing. this was a good game for our defense. we didn't force the bates' scheme, we just played our style and it worked.

to me this last game was obviously a positive
                        Orange Crush Fantasy League sign ups. All the cool kids are doing it.

Rivers has probably now the fastest release in the NFL that Favre is retired. - riversOWNSdonks
                        Rivers has the potential to be better than Brady or any QB ever - riversOWNSdonks

Comment

There were definitely changes, and the players definitely caught on to the gameplan for the week. They simply fulfilled their assignments.

So, lets take this question a bit further. What exactly were the changes? What did you all notice was different?

I'm no genius, but I noticed the DE's were lining up a little tigher inside, and the tackles were actually pushing to get penetration, not just holding there ground. I'd guess the extra blitzing loosened up the O-line a bit to allow the pressure. And the Linebackers were a lot more patient, not overpursuing, letting the play develope before they jumped into a gap.

Other than that, I didn't see much difference. I assume the pass coverage was different (everyone is talking about a tampa-2?) but I'm really not all that familiar with coverage, so I'd sure like to hear thoughts from someone who knows more about it.

Comment

That was not a "good" game on the part of the defense. It was an improvement over the terrible play of the previous weeks, but that doesn't mean they were particularly good. They allowed 28 points, 379 total yards, and 8 for 12 on third down conversions (most of which were 3rd and long situations). They did improve against the run, got much improved pressure on the QB, and forced key turnovers, but for all that it was far from a good game on their part. I suppose expectations have just been lowered in the face of their previous failures, because that most certainly was far from what one could call praise-worthy.
                            Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Well I for one didn't see the defense play a good game. Sure they didn't get shredded on the ground but they did through the air. The last two Steelers TD drives were shockingly easy and had a certain air of inevitability to them. I was totally expected the Steelers to score on the game tying drive. The middle of the field was wide open the entire game. If that performance was the defense being for real then I would be very scared.
                              Damien Nash & Darrent Williams Forever Broncos.

"He's such a pro. He's been everything you'd ever want as a player and then some." Mike Shanahan on Rod Smith

Created by Snk16. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X