Rod may play (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod may play (merged)

I think Sahnny just said Rod will practice today, and may play Sunday!!

That would be great news! Its not just a performance thing but its his very presence on the field and in the huddle. He is a tremendous influence on the other guys and I think his return would be a big asset to the offense especially with Javon being out.
    Proud resident of Broncos Country!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
      That would make my day. I hope he plays.

Comment

Be interesting seeing him play a NFL game on Sunday for the Broncos. He would be on the field all alone.. lol I know you ment Monday.

Its not as great as seeing J.Walker , B.Marshall , B.Stokley, and ROD out there in a 4 out. But still Rod Marshal and Stockley in a 3 set is a pretty good Trio.

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post
          Be interesting seeing him play a NFL game on Sunday for the Broncos. He would be on the field all alone.. lol I know you ment Monday.

Its not as great as seeing J.Walker , B.Marshall , B.Stokley, and ROD out there in a 4 out. But still Rod Marshal and Stockley in a 3 set is a pretty good Trio.
          Definitely. If Rod comes back next year we would have Walker Marshall Smith and Stokley out there. Probably top 3 offenses.

Comment

ROD SMITH RETURNS TO PRACTICE by Michael David Smith

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith is back to practice today for the first time since 2006.

The 37-year-old Smith is recovering from off-season hip surgery, and given his age and the severity of the injury, there was a great deal of doubt that he would ever play again. But Schefter reports that Denver expects to activate Smith at some point in the next three weeks.

The return of Smith could lessen the blow of losing wide receiver Javon Walker, who underwent knee surgery that is expected to sideline him for at least six weeks.

Schefter also reports that cornerback Champ Bailey, who has missed time with a quadriceps injury, returned to practice for the Broncos today and is expected to play Monday night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicely copy pasted from ProFootballTalk.

Good to hear about Champ too.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyBronco View Post

Smart @ss

I meant monday

CP for the catch.

Comment

They really need his leadership out there. This would be tremendous news.

Comment

thats great to hear about Smith and Bailey

I'd love to see Rod get some catches from Cutler.

And Bailey to get an INT or two Monday night

And for the Rockies to win
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Rod coming back....:dance:

Champ back to practicing....:dance:

It's a good week in Denver.
                    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to see Rod back practicing again. But it seems awfully quick to jump back into a game. What, four days of practice for the season and he's in? I would have expected at least a couple of weeks.

But I'll trust the coaches to know what they're doing.
                      "You can't take the sky from me..."
                      ------
                      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

great news of the day for sure

if he does play mon it sure would be interesting to see how well he connects with cutler and takes his first hit. hopefully noone will touch him cuz hell be catching nothing but td's
                        sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

He still can't even walk without a limp. There's no way he's going on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by H. Rockefeller View Post
                            He still can't even walk without a limp. There's no way he's going on Monday.
                            that just might be his pimp daddy walk
                            sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
                              Don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic to see Rod back practicing again. But it seems awfully quick to jump back into a game. What, four days of practice for the season and he's in? I would have expected at least a couple of weeks.

But I'll trust the coaches to know what they're doing.
                              I thought the same thing, and it was hard to hear the media questions, but I believe he said "anythings possible" whne asked if Rod could play this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X