Todd Sauerbrun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Sauerbrun

We've got the best punter in the league!
    Leading the league in average (51,3 yards)
    3 Touchbacks and 4 inside the 20 are looking good to me
    And we all know he forces fumbles

Glad to have him (back)
    "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

I must admit, I liked Earnster better and was disappointed we kept Sauerbrun, but after some of his big kicks, I think we did ok. Now if he could learn to kickoff better.

Comment

I do lurk around here quite a bit and don't generally post very often any more, but here I feel compelled to chime in.

ahem.

GO TODD!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrasher View Post

Glad to have him (back)
        We don't have the best punter in the league.

Sauerbrun did great last game (outside of the opening kickoff), but to grade a punt, you don't look at kick average, you look a net average, because killing the ball isn't enough, you have to kick it to your coverage's ability or you will get massive returns.

Right now Sauerbrun is punting 38.1 net average, which is solid numbers and better than 36.6 that Ernster posted last season. However, 38.1 is far from the best.

Right now there are 8 punters with at least a 40 yard net average. Andy Lee right now is punting 44 yards net, with 41 punts, and 9 touchbacks (which is bad, but it brings down his net, which makes it (the net avg.) even more surprising) and 13 I20. His touchbacks and I20 are skewed by his number of punts, but his net average is amazing.

Comment

I love my Adopt a Bronco choice this year.

RIP D-Will and Nash

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post

Sauerbrun did great last game (outside of the opening kickoff), but to grade a punt, you don't look at kick average, you look a net average, because killing the ball isn't enough, you have to kick it to your coverage's ability or you will get massive returns.

Right now Sauerbrun is punting 38.1 net average, which is solid numbers and better than 36.6 that Ernster posted last season. However, 38.1 is far from the best.

Right now there are 8 punters with at least a 40 yard net average. Andy Lee right now is punting 44 yards net, with 41 punts, and 9 touchbacks (which is bad, but it brings down his net, which makes it (the net avg.) even more surprising) and 13 I20. His touchbacks and I20 are skewed by his number of punts, but his net average is amazing.

*giggles* @ all your punter knowledge.

If you have a question about punting or punters....ask CINNY WINNY!!

Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrasher View Post

Glad to have him (back)
              Sauerbrun punting = good

Sauerbrun kicking off = not so good
              Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                Sauerbrun punting = good

Sauerbrun kicking off = not so good
                Ernster punting= Terrible

Ernster Kicking off= Dreadful
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dwills#1fan27 View Post
                  Ernster punting= Terrible

Ernster Kicking off= Dreadful
                  You'll get no argument from me on that. I just wish we had someone kicking off who could get it to the bloody endzone.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post

The first 6 games of the season we had matador special teams that were so bad we had to have Champ come in to play "safety". I don't fault Todd for that. Bad coverage (read:bad tackling) kills his net, not kicking the thing "too far". It is more a reach to call our ST's "punt coverage".

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                      You'll get no argument from me on that. I just wish we had someone kicking off who could get it to the bloody endzone.
                      In reality, you don't want the ball in the endzone... you want it to land inside the five, so they HAVE to try and return it. But then.... he's a punter. They don't usually go through their careers kicking from the tee. We have to have our punter kick from the tee because our kicker can't. Hard to complain when you have a guy, essentially, playing out of position and doing a relatively good job at it.

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv View Post
                        The first 6 games of the season we had matador special teams that were so bad we had to have Champ come in to play "safety". I don't fault Todd for that. Bad coverage (read:bad tackling) kills his net, not kicking the thing "too far". It is more a reach to call our ST's "punt coverage".
                        Champ on ST is no big deal.. despite so many on these boards trying to make it out to be. Even the Cowboys have their all-pro safety playing on STs. Champ isn't the only top name that has to help cover on kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                          Champ on ST is no big deal.. despite so many on these boards trying to make it out to be. Even the Cowboys have their all-pro safety playing on STs. Champ isn't the only top name that has to help cover on kicks.
                          I think he was saying our lack of tackling on special teams has hurt Sauerbruns average.

Comment

Originally posted by cadencesdad View Post
                            I think he was saying our lack of tackling on special teams has hurt Sauerbruns average.
                            yeah.. I think I quoted the wrong post.

Comment

Originally posted by gobroncsnv View Post
                              I agree only to a point, I still think Sauerbrun wasn't helping matters.

His enormous kick average has gone down recently, but it was HUGE at the beginning of the season, and his gap between his net and his kick average was bigger than two other punters put together. While our coverage sucks, he was totally outkicking the coverage too, I personally think he was trying to do too much. But watch next game when he punts (unless he doesn't have to punt, which would rock ), the coverage guys will still be running towards the returner, making them easy to juke. Like last game with his 60 some odd yard punt. The returner had 10 yards before our guys were in sight.

I wonder if it is our ST coordinators fault though. It could be what he is teaching them.

Comment

Working...
                              X