Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall update And Workouts

Special teams display ability
    Although still a work in progress, the Broncos' special teams had their best game of the season in a 31-28 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night.

"It was a lot better," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said of the special-teams play. "We've got work to do, but we were better in all phases."

The Steelers didn't have a return of longer than 24 yards, and the Broncos were flying to the ball on coverage units much better than in previous games. Linebacker Jamie Winborn had a big hit on kick coverage, and linebacker Jordan Beck had two special-teams tackles five days after signing with the team.

P.J. Alexander and Chad Mustard, also signed last week, both made contributions on special teams.

The team used Selvin Young and Glenn Martinez on kick returns. Martinez was the punt returner for the second consecutive game. The team previously had Domenik Hixon (now with the New York Giants) and Brian Clark as returners. Martinez had a 31-yard kick return Sunday and Young had a 35-yard return.

"I liked what the kids did on returns," Shanahan said. "They both have a good feel for it."

Marshall update. Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall has been ordered to appear in court Nov. 21 after his arrest for the suspicion of driving drunk early Monday morning in downtown Denver. Marshall, 23, was stopped by police while driving a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer, according to a Denver police incident report, for driving the wrong way on a one-way road and failure to drive in a single line.

Under the NFL's recent personal conduct policy, Marshall could face a short suspension if he is convicted. Marshall was arrested for domestic violence in March, but the charges were later dropped and will have no bearing on this case or his status with the NFL's discipline code.

Workouts. Among the four wide receivers the Broncos worked out Tuesday was veteran Bethel Johnson, a 2003 second-round pick by New England. Known for his speed, Johnson had success as a receiver and a return man while with the Patriots. He was traded last year to New Orleans and cut by the Saints. He was later cut by Minnesota last season.

The Broncos also looked at receivers Taylor Jacobs, Chad Owens and Cliff Russell.

Vested interest. Agent Bus Cook will travel to Denver from his Mississippi home for Monday night's game between the Broncos and Green Bay.

Cook represents both quarterbacks in the game: the Broncos' Jay Cutler and the Packers' Brett Favre.

"I have to be there for that one," Cook said.

Cook said Cutler is already proving his hunch that he is a Favre-like player.

"Jay's got a lot of Brett's desire in him and the same tenacity that Brett has. Jay is his own player, but like Brett, he doesn't worry about anything but winning games - and like Brett has been, I think he will be very successful. ... It's going to be fun to see them on the field together."
    Footnotes. The Broncos officially released details of the time change for Monday night's game against Green Bay. Kickoff will be moved from 6:40 p.m. to 6:05 p.m. only if there is a Game 5 of the World Series at Coors Field. ... Public address announcer Alan Cass is scheduled to return Monday. He was afflicted with West Nile disease for the past two months.

We should go after Bethel Johnson he could help out on returns adn to stretch the field, we really don't got anyone who can stretch the field.

Comment

Great Marshall is getting suspended

Comment

Originally posted by showtime24 View Post
        Great Marshall is getting suspended
        First time offense . . . with the money he has . . . he'll figure a way to get a plea deal out of this and take a different (non-suspendable) charge. I really doubt he'll be suspended. If he is, it will only be for 2 games, and by then either Rod or Walker or both will be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
          First time offense . . . with the money he has . . . he'll figure a way to get a plea deal out of this and take a different (non-suspendable) charge. I really doubt he'll be suspended. If he is, it will only be for 2 games, and by then either Rod or Walker or both will be back.
          It shouldn't even be for 2 games. J. Allen of the Chiefs got two DUIs and only received a 2 game suspension. At most he should receive a 1 game suspension or a slap on the wrist and a warning. That is if Goodell wants to be consistent, which, at this point I don't know if he's shown that.....
          My Adopted Bronco is Marcus Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by rbk_bronco View Post
            We should go after Bethel Johnson he could help out on returns adn to stretch the field, we really don't got anyone who can stretch the field.
            Just because he's a good player in Madden, doesn't mean he's good in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Italianmobstr7 View Post
              LOL!!!!

Comment

I like how Stephen Alexander can get like 180 yards and three touchdowns a game, oh madden...

Comment

BURNED Quotes about Madden are the best way ever to humble someone. Nicely done!

Comment

Originally posted by Geandily View Post
                    I like how Stephen Alexander can get like 180 yards and three touchdowns a game, oh madden...

what kinda Defensive do you run?? stephen alexander is way to slow in madden to make any type of big plays lol....

Comment

Frankly if Marshall was driving drunk thenhe needs suspended... Yes it will hurt us and yes it may cost a win...but getting the message across to the young reciever is more important. He could have ended up in a head on collision and taken out someones life...unacceptable.
                      If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. --General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Deltagbear View Post
                        Frankly if Marshall was driving drunk thenhe needs suspended... Yes it will hurt us and yes it may cost a win...but getting the message across to the young reciever is more important. He could have ended up in a head on collision and taken out someones life...unacceptable.
                        You know, that is true.

He could have killed either one of us, like it or not.

Comment

Driving drunk is serious because you could kill someone. Leonard Little has killed someone. It's very serious and I think he should be suspended just to make him realize that he's not untouchable. He's had too many issues for my liking and he's only in his second year. I hope they slap him with four games and it snaps him out of his stupid antics.
                          KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X