Dumervil v Rice v Moss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumervil v Rice v Moss

It's been interesting to see the top draft pick we brought in to be the prototypical pass rusher play a lot of DT in the nickle. Anyway, all indications are that Rice is about ready to play. If so what should our rotation look like? Crowder seems to be doing well and rotating him with Engleberger makes sense. What made no sense at all though was that on the last TD for Pit Engleberger was at the other end spot to bring the heat on Ben, Crowder was on the other side. I gotta believe Moss or Elvis would have done better. E60 got obliterated on that play!

So assume Rice is healthy: give your DLine gameday actives; and who starts?
    "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Elvis starts, Rice rotates (about equal snaps)

other side: Crowder/moss rotates

Obvous passing situations:

Elvis Crowder Thomas Rice

Comment

nice

Originally posted by bjoli198 View Post
      Elvis starts, Rice rotates (about equal snaps)

other side: Crowder/moss rotates

Obvous passing situations:

Elvis Crowder Thomas Rice
      Like it. So are you deactivating Engleberger, Burton? Or going with 9 active dlinemen? Adams, Thomas and McKinley seem to always be active.
      "What I can promise is that...I’m going to play like my hair’s on fire. I’ve found that when you play that way, making plays just happens naturally.”

Comment

id start rice and dumervil at the ends.

Comment

Engleburger is gonna start. Don't know that I agree or disagree, but he will start. Dumerville will start on the other side. Rice will rotate with Dumerville, Moss with Engleburger. Thomas will start and maybe Crowder. If the pack try to run, Adams will be in there on first and second downs. If they stay with the pass, the speed guys will be in all day.

Comment

Forget Rice... Dumerville is a complete stud. Moss is doing a good job, he's going to be great if given a little time to build up some mass and learn the NFL.

Comment

Moss is fine as is. He's holding up better than Dumervil does. Even then, he probably isn't going to see much time on the left side.

We're already getting murdered with Dumervil starting...no one here wants to know what it'd be like with Rice starting on the other side. It's just not practical if you want to at least try to play respectable run defense. Crowder and Engelberger will be the guys for the forseeable future, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
                Moss is fine as is. He's holding up better than Dumervil does. Even then, he probably isn't going to see much time on the left side.

We're already getting murdered with Dumervil starting...no one here wants to know what it'd be like with Rice starting on the other side. It's just not practical if you want to at least try to play respectable run defense. Crowder and Engelberger will be the guys for the forseeable future, IMO.
                What's with the bashing on Dumerville? He's the best defensive lineman we have.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...seasonType=REG

He kills. He'll do great in the GB game because Favre is going to be dropping back a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
                  What planet do you live on? Dumerville is awesome.

Comment

Starters

I'd start Johnny Eng since he's a solid vet and a good 1st down end to set a hard edge against the run. Elvis on the other end...thank you very much, and McKinnley and Adams at DT. Sammy looked pretty good last game and actually put some good pass rush moves on quality Steeler OL. Even though Sadams isn't quick enough to catch the QB, he's so massive that he's really disruptive when he's charging in. 3rd and long I go with Rice, Crowder, Dummerville, and Thomas.

Hopefully our DL can keep up the good work and build on the great performance they had last week.

GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
                      What planet do you live on? Dumerville is awesome.
                      I think I like to live-on planet anti-derrrrrrrrrr...I think many would agree with me.

What's with the bashing on Dumerville? He's the best defensive lineman we have.
                      It's not bashing, your interpretation is just off.

Comment

Really though... how do you go off saying Dumerville hurts us when he's holding the second highest # of sacks in the AFC... The guy's passing rushing skills are great, need I remind you he's in his second year?

anti der....

Comment

What I do like is system where Vets and Rookies have to compete for the starting role.I think that brings the best out of players or sometimes the worst.

Nothing is given all is earned.

I think in a few years Moss,Thomas,Crowder,Dumervil are just going to be a pure nasty force of annihilation.Resistance is futile they will be the best D-Line in the NFL..

I dont understand the bashing of Dumervil either if the team was to vote on defensive MVP right now it would have to be him

He straight has just been blowing up his opponents.
                          :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
                            Really though... how do you go off saying Dumerville hurts us when he's holding the second highest # of sacks in the AFC... The guy's passing rushing skills are great, need I remind you he's in his second year?

anti der....
                            Yea, that's right, anti-der. No, you can't join.

I guess I gave you guys too much credit. I assumed ya'll would be able to comprehend what I was saying...

Dumervil, as great as a pass rusher he is, is a liability against the run. There's no way around it. That's fine. It's too be expected. It's only natural. When he's 5-11, 250, going up against 6-5, 320, that's what happens. CALM DOWN. You're acting like I'm trying to discredit his pass rushing. I'M NOT. ANTI-DER.

When I say "we are already getting murdered with Dumervil on one side", I'm not saying that people are actually being killed by LaDanian, Fast Willie, and MJD. I'm saying that we are already fairly weak against the run with Dumervil (which is to be expected), and that putting Rice on the other side would be not only completely unrealistic, but would result in a complete and utter nuclear holocaust in our LB corps and secondary. I'm serious about the latter...they would cease to exist.

Now, if we had two Courtney Brown's and two Pat Williams', we wouldn't have a bad run defense but we'd have a god awful pass rush. YOU SEE, IT'S A TRADE-OFF OF DIABOLICAL PROPORTIONS.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with Elvis not being great against the run, I agree with that. He is not horrible, just not consistent enough yet at this point in his career. It took Freeny a long time to become better than average, and he is still not great.

For those that remember Charles Haley, he excelled at getting to the QB, but was pretty much a liability on rushing plays. I think Elvis can have the same type of impact rushing the passer as Haley did and will eventually be less of a liability against the run. However, there is a good chance that Crowder and Moss become the starting DEs and Elvis has a fabulous career rotating in on passing situations, nothing wrong with that.

R Ayers - B Cofield - A Haynesworth - CJ ohnson
                              J Anderson - J Beason - DJ Williams
                              R Bailey - P Amukamara - R Hill - A Goodman

Comment

Working...
                              X