No announcement yet.

Dumervil v Rice v Moss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think obvious passing situations should be Dumervil, Thomas, Crowder, Rice. Until Moss shows he can effectively rush the passer, he shouldn't be in there on OBVIOUS passing downs.

Regular D-line should be Dumervil Thomas McKinley Moss

Obvious running downs should be Crowder Thomas Adams and I hate to say it, but probably Engleberger. He shouldn't be there on the regular D-line or Passing downs though.

Comment

Freeney Has 15 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 7 games
      Dummerville has 16 tackles and 6 sacks in 6 games

Also remember how everyone was b****ing because Shanny tried to trade Wilson for scrub DE "Justin Tuck"? Well he has 7 sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
        It's been interesting to see the top draft pick we brought in to be the prototypical pass rusher play a lot of DT in the nickle. Anyway, all indications are that Rice is about ready to play. If so what should our rotation look like? Crowder seems to be doing well and rotating him with Engleberger makes sense. What made no sense at all though was that on the last TD for Pit Engleberger was at the other end spot to bring the heat on Ben, Crowder was on the other side. I gotta believe Moss or Elvis would have done better. E60 got obliterated on that play!

So assume Rice is healthy: give your DLine gameday actives; and who starts?
        Doom starts at RDE with moss rotating

John E and Crowder rotating the other spot..

What i would like to see in the nickel is this

LDE: Rice or Moss LDT Marcus Thomas RDT Tim Crowder RDE Elvis Dumervil
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by speardog View Post
          Freeney Has 15 tackles and 3.5 sacks in 7 games
          Dummerville has 16 tackles and 6 sacks in 6 games

Also remember how everyone was b****ing because Shanny tried to trade Wilson for scrub DE "Justin Tuck"? Well he has 7 sacks.
          I think part of the reason tuck has 7 sacks is that Osi and strahan are absoloute terror ends. Throw in Kiwi and who do you double down. i know NYG puts all there ends in on third downs.Not taking anything away from Tuck but you have to give some credit to his dline partners

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
            Moss is fine as is. He's holding up better than Dumervil does. Even then, he probably isn't going to see much time on the left side.

We're already getting murdered with Dumervil starting...no one here wants to know what it'd be like with Rice starting on the other side. It's just not practical if you want to at least try to play respectable run defense. Crowder and Engelberger will be the guys for the forseeable future, IMO.
            I aggree i like Engelberger and Crowder at LDE there are effective.

I dont know who is better playing the run in Moss or Rice but i would rather see moss get the PT to gain the expirence rice wont be back next year so give the rook his PT

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Hyde View Post
              What planet do you live on? Dumerville is awesome.
              There is not a doubt in my mind doom is great in pass D but against the run he is a EXTREME liablity. he gets ran over alot. go watch him against the run again my freind.

Comment

I didn't even know that Rice had any chance whatsoever of playing any time soon.

Moss seems to make more of an impact from the LDE, at least that the way it seems to me...

As bad as the run-d has been, it really doesn't matter who "starts", imo, just as long as you protect Dumervil and Moss some of the time....Although Moss has really impressed me with his ability against the run (Maybe I should say he's not as bad as we all thought he'd be...Neither is Dumervil either, btw).

If Shanahan thinks Rice can contribute, let's see it, but personally I think he's lost it.

Comment

Dumervil is only bad against the run if they run directly at him. Otherwise he's pretty good, as he gives great pursuit and is a solid tackler. His only problem is that he lacks the mass to take on an opposing tackle head on. Of course that's pretty much the norm with speed rushers--very few are truly good against the run head on.
                  Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DiehardinAlaska View Post
                    Like it. So are you deactivating Engleberger, Burton? Or going with 9 active dlinemen? Adams, Thomas and McKinley seem to always be active.

Engelberger, I´d cut if it were my team

Comment

Originally posted by bjoli198 View Post
                      Engelberger, I´d cut if it were my team
                      If you were the GM we'd be in trouble. Engelberger is our best D-linemen vs the run next to Sam Adams. He's our best DE vs the run.
                      sigpic
                      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Working...
                      X