Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travis Henry & Champ Bailey Out???

Will they play monday night???

Despite a previous report that Travis Henry (ribs, questionable) returned to practice Friday, the Denver Post reports Henry missed the workout.

The Broncos' website confirms the "new" news. Denver is expected to go with Selvin Young as the starter if Henry sits out against Green Bay Monday night, and Andre Hall would be rotated in. More should be known on Henry's status Saturday.

Champ Bailey also missed his third straight workout Friday and is considered closer to doubtful than his "questionable" tag suggests.

I'm more worried about Champ not playing than Henry...

Although, Foxworth showed he could fill in the starting spot for a game or two. The problem is the Nickel spot.
    sigpic

Comment

wheres Mike Bell, why not get him back in there so at least they have some power, is he hurt or somthing?
      sigpic

Comment

I think I'd rather see Mike Bell at fullback and Cecil Sapp at tailback...I think Henry will be good to go though...He'll just put on a flack Jacket and play, he should be fine. I would also count on Champ Bailey to play. a couple of other players have had the same injury and have been out one week, Champ has been resting for three now

Comment

i just hope if Champ plays, that he is 100%. i remember owens burning him in that Eagles game in 05, when he was dealing with a quad injury. if he plays GB will no doubt test him

Comment

Ugh I really want champ to play. Favre is a gun slinger and he's been in this league too long to be scared of anybody. He will throw right at Bailey and he will get picked.

Comment

Champ better play! Come on!!!!

Champ Suck it up and get out there!!!

Comment

I sure hope both of them will play. Bailey would have a big game, and Henry would run for lots of yards. If they don't play then there's no need to worry 'cause we have other people who will step up and make plays.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post

Hahaha lets give the guy some credit.

He has only missed what, 3 games in his entire career?

Comment

The only way Champ goes Monday is if he is 100% healthy!! Risking further injury is not worth it when you are of the caliber of a Champ Bailey!!!!

What is the status of Javon??? Is his "ACL knee" the problem??? Sorry, been a bit out of the loop recently!

I owe CP's to: no one

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                      I think I'd rather see Mike Bell at fullback and Cecil Sapp at tailback...I think Henry will be good to go though...He'll just put on a flack Jacket and play, he should be fine. I would also count on Champ Bailey to play. a couple of other players have had the same injury and have been out one week, Champ has been resting for three now

What about Selvin Young? He's perfectly capable of being the starting RB even if Henry was healthy. In fact he should probably Denver's future for RB's.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skywalker View Post
                        I'm more worried about Champ not playing than Henry...

Although, Foxworth showed he could fill in the starting spot for a game or two. The problem is the Nickel spot.
                        I actually disagree. I think losing Henry would be the harder pill to swallow. The defense played its best game of the season with Champ out last week. Foxy did a good job in his place. Hopefully Bly is not too affected by his own injury, or we would be in trouble. On the other hand, I feel that Young is a significant downgrade from Henry. Young is strictly a backup, change of pace back IMO. Neither loss is damning though.

Comment

Originally posted by calibroncogrl47 View Post

Give me a break!!!!

Suck it up?!?!?!

He has missed 3 games in his entire career!

He has played with bummed shoulders, hamstrings, god knows what else!

Don't give me that suck it up crap! That is just RIDICULOUS

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                            I actually disagree. I think losing Henry would be the harder pill to swallow. The defense played its best game of the season with Champ out last week. Foxy did a good job in his place. Hopefully Bly is not too affected by his own injury, or we would be in trouble. On the other hand, I feel that Young is a significant downgrade from Henry. Young is strictly a backup, change of pace back IMO. Neither loss is damning though.
                            The D palyed very well, but w/out Champ that put Foxy at CB and Fergie at the NB spot. Not Put Champ back at CB and place Foxy back at the NB and we don't give up those 2 TD's, plus we probably p/u 2 more int's. Also we got torched by the screen pass in the 2nd half. Travis' loss would not affect us as much as no Champ. Farve is a gambler and will throw Champ's way, and we know acuracy is not his strong point, and Champ will take advantage of that. We could bring a RB off the practice squad and he would perform well. Champ's presence effectively removes 1/3 of the field for a team w/an unalanced pass happy offense.
                            #swapping

Comment

Working...
                            X