Globalizing the nfl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globalizing the nfl

Goodell wants to globalize and I think this is a horrible idea.

This is Americas game.

I am not happy to say this but i think the nfl as we know and love is about to end
    sigpic

It's about greed, pure and simple, they want more money.

I don't like it either.

Comment

It is pretty retarded. Goodell has done some good things since he came, this is NOT ONE OF THEM! Doent he realize SOCCER is the sport of the rest of the world? They dont really care that much about football, and to try and FORCE our sport on them is pointless.

Comment

I have to take issue with the previous comments.

The sport is already global.
        the Super Bowl is one of (if not the) most watched annual sportng event worldwide.

I have been watching the NFL since the early 80's
        I have been to NFLEurope games
        and hope one day to travel to Denver to see the Broncos play.

with international travel making it easier to cross the globe then why not.

Think of the potential to expand across the globe
        Think of the potential athletes who do not get the chance to play the game.

I have lived all my life in Scotland and in my youth I played rugby and football (or soccer as you would call it). The opportunity to put on pads and play football has long since passed my by.

To say you dont want to expand the sport is like saying they should only sell Coca-Cola in America or only sell whiskey in scotland.... it makes sense to try and get as may people and nations involved in the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by thehighlander View Post
          I have to take issue with the previous comments.

The sport is already global.
          the Super Bowl is one of (if not the) most watched annual sportng event worldwide.

I have been watching the NFL since the early 80's
          I have been to NFLEurope games
          and hope one day to travel to Denver to see the Broncos play.

with international travel making it easier to cross the globe then why not.

Think of the potential to expand across the globe
          Think of the potential athletes who do not get the chance to play the game.

I have lived all my life in Scotland and in my youth I played rugby and football (or soccer as you would call it). The opportunity to put on pads and play football has long since passed my by.

To say you dont want to expand the sport is like saying they should only sell Coca-Cola in America or only sell whiskey in scotland.... it makes sense to try and get as may people and nations involved in the sport.

Amen brother! except the part about watching football in the 80's lolz

Comment

Just another reason for me to hate Roger more then I do already

The guys a bum. He doesn't know how hard it is on teams and players to travel all over the place to play a Damn game.

I dont know why he has to tinker with things. :nono:

Comment

I don't care about the occasional foreign game (I think there should be one per season in Canada, Mexico, London, Germany and possibly Japan?) That's 5 foreign games per year. It should not count against the teams home schedule either (it should be listed as an away game for both teams)

That main part I don't like is trying to allow teams from other countries into the NFL.

Comment

I think it's funny how the NFL wants to hold a heavy and strict do not smoke pot drug policy.

Then turns around and on its on website ask's the fans

Where would you like to see the NFL hold a regular season game next year?
                Amsterdam
                20%

I can see Travis Henry saying no I will take the next flight out after the game.
                I wanna go sightseeing for awhile really all im going to do is visit some coffee shops.
                Last edited by LarryDean; 10-27-2007, 05:27 AM.
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Rob View Post
                  It should not count against the teams home schedule either (it should be listed as an away game for both teams)
                  You can't count it as an away game for both teams and still have every team playing 8 home games and 8 away games. It doesn't work because there must be an equal number of home and away games in total (as for each game there is one home team and one away team). So to count one game as away for both teams, you would have to counter this with counting one game as home for both teams (which is also unfair - unless the Giants happen to be playing the Jets that year)

Comment

Originally posted by Hallam Bronco View Post
                    You can't count it as an away game for both teams and still have every team playing 8 home games and 8 away games. It doesn't work because there must be an equal number of home and away games in total (as for each game there is one home team and one away team). So to count one game as away for both teams, you would have to counter this with counting one game as home for both teams (which is also unfair - unless the Giants happen to be playing the Jets that year)
                    Play a 17 game season, give every team either a foreign game, or a game at a neutral US venue.......................there's plenty of cities that haven't got a side that would love to host the odd game, starting with LA..............

Maybe that's the immediate alternative to actual expansion?
                    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                    You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

The main thing I dont like about Globalizing the NFL is the cities like Detriot,Cleveland,Buffalo,Cincinatti needs that economy that the home games bring for the inner city buisnesses.The NFL will be stuffing its pockets but it wont be giving back to the tax payers who built the stadiums for them to play in the first place.

Cleveland is a rocking town.But it really becomes a rocking town when the Browns play at home.I hate to see America losing that economy so the NFL can get fat like it isnt fat enuff.
                      Last edited by LarryDean; 10-27-2007, 05:52 AM.
                      :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

a step in the way to globalize the superbowl, but still have it in the US would be to send it at 4 instead of 8... that would make it soo much easier for europeans to watch the game

last two superbowls i fell asleep due to the late hours

Comment

I'm all for 1 game a year being played in another country. But not the Super bowl like Goodell wants eventually. just what Americans want to know who won the super bowl before we can watch the game

Comment

its one of th things im against.
                            whats up with Goodell saying that maybe the supe bowl be played outside US.!
                            that makes me angry
                            you imagine the broncos playing what is supposed to be a home game in Amserdam.NO!
                            GOODELL has to STOP this!

try throwing...it wont work

Comment

Originally posted by humpbobby View Post
                              I think it's funny how the NFL wants to hold a heavy and strict do not smoke pot drug policy.

Then turns around and on its on website ask's the fans

Where would you like to see the NFL hold a regular season game next year?
                              Amsterdam
                              20%

I can see Travis Henry saying no I will take the next flight out after the game.
                              I wanna go sightseeing for awhile really all im going to do is visit some coffee shops.
                              lol good one..still laughing......but...true.

try throwing...it wont work

Comment

Working...
                              X