The Selvin Young Kool-Aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Selvin Young Kool-Aid

Why are people so ready to give him the starting role?

He has 139 yards rushing and 93 yard receiving.

And if ANYTHING he has impressed me a hell of alot more receiving than rushing (nice grab JC)

So can someone, anyone please explain this to me?
    Last edited by str8jacket; 10-27-2007, 03:00 PM.

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
    Why are people so ready to give him the starting role?

He has 139 yards rushing and 93 yard receiving.

And if ANYTHING he has impressed me a hell of alot more receiving than catching.

So can someone, anyone please explain this to me?
    Well personally I have been impressed with his running style. It may only be in flashes but he has shown he can be a game breaker. However I think the biggest reason is we all know we are going to lose Henry. If not because of this injury, this pending suspension. Goodell will get him off the feild. I would rather get Young all the playing time he can now before he is forced to be number 1.
    No matter what, I win.

Comment

Originally posted by DistilledFun View Post
      Well personally I have been impressed with his running style. It may only be in flashes but he has shown he can be a game breaker. However I think the biggest reason is we all know we are going to lose Henry. If not because of this injury, this pending suspension. Goodell will get him off the feild. I would rather get Young all the playing time he can now before he is forced to be number 1.
      Its just the thing that bothers me most is everyone is so confident in his ability already to carry the load. I'm not bashing the guy, I just havent seen it. Yet. at least

Comment

One reason he has looked so good is because he came out of nowhere and teams weren't preparing for him and as the season goes on and teams start watching out for him then we will see how good he really is. Don't forget he was undrafted for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
          One reason he has looked so good is because he came out of nowhere and teams weren't preparing for him and as the season goes on and teams start watching out for him then we will see how good he really is. Don't forget he was undrafted for a reason.
          Sounds alot like that one Mike Bell guy everyone was ready to crown at this time last year.

Comment

I want to see him actually go a whole game as the starter than decide.

Comment

Sounds alot like that one Mike Bell guy everyone was ready to crown at this time last year.
              I think that Selvin is better than Mike and Selvin has way more potential.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                I think that Selvin is better than Mike and Selvin has way more potential.
                I hope you're right but im going to wait and see.

If he has so much potential he wouldnt have gone Undrafted.

He may just be another product of the system (no problem to me)

Comment

Originally posted by DistilledFun View Post
                  I feel all of the people here, those rooting hard for Selvin, and the others wondering where this enthusiasm is coming from. As DF said, we all know Henry's probably going to be out before the year's done and we want to stay positive. But besides shown a few quick flashes of what he may be capable of doing Selvin Young hasn't done much. (contrary to other comments, I think he's been more impressive running than catching. He's been able to get open, but if I remember correctly he dropped a couple in a recent game.) So look at the good, but remember we only have a limited sample to make our assessments with. We need to be optimistic, but tame ourselves and also be realistic.

By the way Distilled Fan, great sig.

Comment

Whats the difference between Recieving and Catching.

All this time I thought they were the same thing.

And I like Selvin because he is on my fantasy team and I'm thin at RB and need him to start some time soon.

I've always been a fan of Bell but I havn't seen anything Great out of Selvin yet. Although he has shown some good things. I love he he uses his hand to avoid falling down a lot and he doesn't just go down on contact.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                      Whats the difference between Recieving and Catching.

All this time I thought they were the same thing.

And I like Selvin because he is on my fantasy team and I'm thin at RB and need him to start some time soon.

I've always been a fan of Bell but I havn't seen anything Great out of Selvin yet. Although he has shown some good things. I love he he uses his hand to avoid falling down a lot and he doesn't just go down on contact.

That hurt

Comment

That hurt
                        I figured you meant rushing but I was trying to figure out what the difference between Recieving and catching was. :eek

Comment

Selvin Young looks like a stud..... after Travis Henry pounces on the defense and wears them down.

I don't know what some of you see, but I really don't know how you can see Selvin as an every down back... an every down back.... an every d-o-w..

I'm not trying to rip on the guy, but lets face it.

If he was suppose to be the next "stud", why wasn't he even drafted? Not even the last available pick went to him.

If you look at him in college, the guy always seemed to be injured. I don't even think he played a whole entire year!

But like I say... Prove me wrong Selvin!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCutler4MVP!!! View Post
                            I figured you meant rushing but I was trying to figure out what the difference between Recieving and catching was. :eek
                            I was distracted with the CU TTU game

Comment

I think Young has shown his flashes is because he's not handling the full load.

He's a change of pace back.

Work him with the screen game.

The only thing is... he's had some crucial fumbles....

That doesn't bode well in my book for him to be the starter quite yet.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X