No announcement yet.

The Selvin Young Kool-Aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i havent seen enough of him to warrent a true report on him but from what ive seen he reminds me of portis but with much better hands

Comment

Originally posted by str8jacket View Post
      Why are people so ready to give him the starting role?

He has 139 yards rushing and 93 yard receiving.

And if ANYTHING he has impressed me a hell of alot more receiving than rushing (nice grab JC)

So can someone, anyone please explain this to me?
      I think people seem to be high on Young because of Henrey.

To be honest, Henrey hasn't impressed me. He doesn't have any long brake away runs. all he ever gets is what the line opens up for him. I thought he was an angry runner with the Titans but he has not ran angry for us.

He gets hit then goes down. I have seen him go down after running into the back of a blocker more then once. In this last game inside the 5 he want down after running into the butt of one of our linemen. It was really pathetic! How can he run throw arm tackles when he gets tackled by his blockers ass?

He always look like he is out of gas out there. IMO Young runs harder then Henrey. I don't think he is AP but I do think he will do at least as good as Henrey has.

But as one guy already said, he has to learn to hold onto the football! And we need to get him the ball on more screens. We have been successful with the few we have ran I don't know why we don't run more?
      _
      Card by broncos_mtnman Sig by MasterShake America: Freedom to Fascism Watch this!
      All you need to know about Yellow & White Bars, CPs, and Levels

Comment

The real question:

If Selvin Young was a flavor of Koolaid, what would it taste like?

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I hope you're right but im going to wait and see.

If he has so much potential he wouldnt have gone Undrafted.

He may just be another product of the system (no problem to me)
          Rod Smith went undrafted. He turned out pretty darn good

Hmmm, a few other undrafted players (recent) that arent too shabby either

Antonio Gates
          Kurt Warner
          Priest Holmes
          Willie Parker
          Adam Vinitieri

ok, ok, ones a kicker.......but there are many, many others. The combine and the scouts arent always right.

As far as Selvin. Honestly, as year after year proves, you can put alot of different backs and different running styles into our offense. I think Selvin adds alot of speed and has some great play potential. Will he hold up? Will any of them? Its a rough league. I think he will do well. His time may soon come and im sure he will be ready to step up and take advantage.

GO BRONCOS!!
          Broncos for life!!!

Comment

Why are people so ready to give him the starting role?

He has 139 yards rushing and 93 yard receiving.

And if ANYTHING he has impressed me a hell of alot more receiving than rushing (nice grab JC)

So can someone, anyone please explain this to me?
            I think it is His ability to score from anywhere on the field at anytime, just like Portis could do. Henry cannot do that, he is more of a battering ram, and 10 yrd chunks at a time. I would start Young, and for a change of pace bring in Henry every 3rd series.

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickdaDookie View Post
              The real question:

If Selvin Young was a flavor of Koolaid, what would it taste like?
              I think it would taste like crap right now. There isn't any water or sugar yet.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
                Selvin Young looks like a stud..... after Travis Henry pounces on the defense and wears them down.

I don't know what some of you see, but I really don't know how you can see Selvin as an every down back... an every down back.... an every d-o-w..

I'm not trying to rip on the guy, but lets face it.

If he was suppose to be the next "stud", why wasn't he even drafted? Not even the last available pick went to him.

If you look at him in college, the guy always seemed to be injured. I don't even think he played a whole entire year!

But like I say... Prove me wrong Selvin!
                Willie Parker went undrafted. Some of the best go late or undrafted.

Comment

Working...
                X