No announcement yet.

Pre-snap deception, lack of sportsmanship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay folks, you've at least convinced me that there would not be anywhere enough support to change the rule. And since I'm tired of repeating the difference between a fake spike and a playaction fake (nobody reads the earlier posts) I'm going to drop the topic.

Thanks to those of you who contributed to a friendly discussion. To the few who resorted to insults...

Later!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      Okay folks, you've at least convinced me that there would not be anywhere enough support to change the rule. And since I'm tired of repeating the difference between a fake spike and a playaction fake (nobody reads the earlier posts) I'm going to drop the topic.

Thanks to those of you who contributed to a friendly discussion. To the few who resorted to insults...

Later!

well jav i see your point and agree..it is cheap..and although i hate to hope a player gets hurt, i cannot say that i wouldnt feel a certain satisfaction to see a linebacker leap over the pile on bradys next apparent playkilling spike and nail him in the kisser...hey play all out right? how does a defender know that they are not being set up again so go for it

then i bet all these play till the whistle...play all out, people would be in outrage mode about the dasterdly defender who went for the tackle knowing it was a spike situation and their qb gets hurt

in my opinion it lowers the game...and despite all the missinformed who believe it is the same as a playaction or other deceptive play it is not

i see it as the league givein punt returners the ok, to signal fair catch, killing the play as soon as he catches the ball, but now allowing them to cross thier fingers so it doesnt count and they can take off on an unsuspecting defense
      sigpic
      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

in my opinion it lowers the game...and despite all the missinformed who believe it is the same as a playaction or other deceptive play it is not
        as opposed to.....

and although i hate to hope a player gets hurt
        A player can get hurt running on to the field....again..they get paid millions...lets not cry over a few scrapes and bruises huh?

It is the NFL by the way....not the running of the roses.

Comment

Working...
        X