Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you be happy if the Broncos pulled the crap the Pats did?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be happy if the Broncos pulled the crap the Pats did?

Simple enough question. If we were up 38-0 half way through the 4th quarter of a game, would you be happy if the Broncos went for it on 4th and 1 from the 15 rather than kicking a FG? Or would you think we had crossed the line?
    Yes, if they can't stop it too bad.
    27.43%
    No, it would be shameful on our part.
    53.10%
    I wouldn't really care as long as we won.
    19.47%
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

It wouldn't happen.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
      It wouldn't happen.
      It has before, or at least situations very similar. Besides that's neither here nor there. The question is purely hypothetical.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Everyone likes to win. But that doesn't mean you enjoy just being a classless jerk on the sidelines.

THIS is why SO MANY (including Me) had a BIG beef with Portis. I HATED his "heavy weight belt" crap he pulled. That was CLASSLESS, and hence why I was happy we got rid of him.

This is why so many hated Romanowski. Why so many people hated TO for standing on the Dallas star when he scored a TD. There is a difference between winning, and winning without class.

I know I would HONESTLY be pretty disappointed in SHanahan if he EVER did something like that to another team. There is NO place for that kind of "bush league" crap in Professional sports.

Belicheck and the Patriots aren't the first team to BLOW out another football team. The only "point" they made... is that Belicheck is the biggest jerk in the NFL.

Comment

I wouldn't mind if it was 100 to 0 and they went for it on 4th & 15. Shove it down their throats!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            I wouldn't mind if it was 100 to 0 and they went for it on 4th & 15. Shove it down their throats!
            you must be a patriots fan

Comment

The only time I wouldn't have a problem with it, is when the team leading, does it to run out the clock as much as possible. If the defending team has done nothing the whole game then it's a lot better to just end the game as quick as possible rather than risk injuries on defense to a team thowing the football in desperation. I dont think its the right thing to do, if its done with the intention of further running up the score.
              "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
                I dont think its the right thing to do, if its done with the intention of further running up the score.
                Which in this case was the only reason for it.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                  Go root for the Pats then. You'd fit right in.

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Is this not a pro sport?

At what score difference should we ask that professional athletes stop doing their best? Should the Red Sox have stopped trying to hit the ball after 10 points?

These people are getting paid in the millions to go out and play to the highest possible standards with the goal to be the best in the world. They're in the same league, they have the same salary cap, same rules. If you get blown out by 50 points than you should work on sucking less rather than blaming the team that played a full 4 quarters of football.

When we lost to the chargers there wasn't a moment I said "maybe they should take it easy on us out of pity and stop playing NFL football."

That's just friggin dumb. For the money they make I want the full 60 minutes to be played with all of the intensity possible by both teams, and if one isn't getting it done that's their own damn fault.

Not to mention is is part of a strategy if you're a coach looking at the rest of the season and opponents you're going to play it's a pretty good thing if you just dominate everyone you play so badly it's hard for them to pick out individual matchups they can take advantage of, plus just the psychological factor of going against a team that seems utterly unstoppable.

I'd be dissapointed in the Broncos if they could do that and didn't. And it seems to me coaching people to play their best without any sort of crap pity is a working coaching strategy. Works better than the conservative playing Shannahan does when we have the lead.

Comment

there is a difference between scoring 50 points in the SPIRIT OF THE GAME and going for it on 4th and 2, inside the 15 yrd line, when you are already UP by 38 points!!

How much money they make has NOTHING to do with sportsmanship. That argument doesn't even stand to be in the same discussion.

But when you are up 38-0 in the fourth quarter, inside their 15 yrd line, and its 4th down.... KICKING that FG and showing a touch of "mercy" is what sportsmanship IS. The patriots getting that extra 'four' points didn't make a difference whatsoever.... other than showing they are classless jerks.

I would be VERY disappointed in our organization if they showed such a COMPLETE LACK of respect for the other coach, players, and organization by doing what the Patriots did today. Kick the FG, win by a big margin, and STILL show respect to the other team.

Comment

I didnt watch the game, but just going by this...why would a coach, who is winning by 38-0, want his starters out on the field any longer than they have to be?

What stategy could the Patsies be thinking of (besides to inflate their egos)? going for it on 4th and 1? A little practice, perhaps?

Oh, wait! They are up 38-0! Kick the FG and get off the field.

But I cant say this really suprises me the Patriots did this. It's right up their alley.
                        sigpic
                        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                        -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by DallasBroncosFans View Post
                          At what score difference should we ask that professional athletes stop doing their best? Should the Red Sox have stopped trying to hit the ball after 10 points?

These people are getting paid in the millions to go out and play to the highest possible standards with the goal to be the best in the world. They're in the same league, they have the same salary cap, same rules. If you get blown out by 50 points than you should work on sucking less rather than blaming the team that played a full 4 quarters of football.

When we lost to the chargers there wasn't a moment I said "maybe they should take it easy on us out of pity and stop playing NFL football."

That's just friggin dumb. For the money they make I want the full 60 minutes to be played with all of the intensity possible by both teams, and if one isn't getting it done that's their own damn fault.

Not to mention is is part of a strategy if you're a coach looking at the rest of the season and opponents you're going to play it's a pretty good thing if you just dominate everyone you play so badly it's hard for them to pick out individual matchups they can take advantage of, plus just the psychological factor of going against a team that seems utterly unstoppable.

I'd be dissapointed in the Broncos if they could do that and didn't. And it seems to me coaching people to play their best without any sort of crap pity is a working coaching strategy. Works better than the conservative playing Shannahan does when we have the lead.
                          Did you actually understand the question? It isn't about running up the score, or letting up on a team, it's about going for it on 4th down rather kicking a short FG. Either way you're running up the score, but what they did was going out of their way to humiliate the opposition. Get it?

Team Tebow #108

Comment

Wow, they're going to show the game again on NFL replay. The game wasn't even competitive, they should show a different game.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

The patsies are running up the score, period. there is no reason to have your starters in at that point in the game, and then to go for it instead of kicking the field goal,, well they will get thiers. Either a team is just going to blitz and just lay out brady, (and then watch bilicheat cry about unnessasary blitzing) or come next time these teams play and they get a chance, they will get the score run up on them, yea they are pros, but show some respect bilacheat, its not the redskins fault you were cheating and got caught.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X