Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This loss is squarely on Shanahan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BestBroncoFan View Post
    So now we have more who think they can do better with time on the line...

Ok Coach...I bet you would have called a throw that play...it probably would have been INC...and then you had no time to get back and set up for a field goal...or maybe youde do a hand off with a chance of fumbling the handoff....

My guess is the best play called was to keep the ball in one mans hand...and thats the best offensive player you have...ya....Jay Cutler.

Shanahan would be King right now to you had Jay made a TD...
    A throw would have had a much higher chance for success than a high risk QB draw. Maybe a bootleg or a reverse or even some type of gadget play. A QB draw in this situation...no way. NFL coaches rarely call it because it rarely works inside the five yard line. Remember, the opponents goal line defense in now in the game. What if Jay got hurt? It's something to think about.

Secondly, everyone keeps talking about previous plays in the game that worked against us and added to the loss. All of that crap is water under the bridge. What's done is done. We are now in a fantastic position to win the game if a medium risk play is called and each player does the job he's paid to do. So what do we do with the game on the line? Shanny calls a high risk play and it fails. I believe there are a dozen or more plays they could have picked that were less of a risk with a much better chance for success than the QB draw.

No imagination usually results in little success.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Looks like the coaches need an easy button.

Making team signature bars, just drop me a PM. :salute:

Comment

• Shanahan's Thoughts?

- Quarterback sneak to get 1st down (almost happened, looke to me he might have got it. time shoulda stopped and chains rolled out)
        - Spike the ball
        - Get two shots at endzone to win not tie game.

If it had worked, Shanahan would be a hero...unfortunately, everyone wants to cast blame and the coach is the target. Besides, we can't keep winning at the last minute. We are bound the fall short at some point.

Keep the faith!

Comment

• After sleeping on it... I still feel pretty much the same... BUT:

(1) That final drive started to get out of hand when Marshall caught his last pass, getting the ball inside the 20. The catch before that was brilliant, he broke a couple tackles and moved the ball into GB territory. Too bad he couldn't break it right? ANYWAY, the next catch... he tried to do the same thing but there really wasn't anything there. HE HAS TO RUN THE BALL OUT OF BOUNDS. Instead, he fought for a few extra yards... NOW, the clock is ticking, ticking, ticking. Denver could of had a first down, inside the 20, with about 55 seconds... As it turned out... Not running the ball cost DEN about 30-35 seconds... which translates into about 3-4 plays (on top of taking away a lot of options like run plays)

(2) I was a little harsh on Shanny last night... Mainly b/c I expect more for him... I respect his offensive mind. BUT... If Cutler makes a good throw on the second down play... Marsh was wide open... It's a TD and DEN wins! SO, to be fair, If I'm going to rip Shanny apart for the next play... I have to blame Cutler for choking on the play prior.

(3) That QB draw from the four was S-T-U-P-I-D. As I posted earlier... I think DEN had 3 drives where they had the ball inside the five... We scored a TD one one drive, fumbled on another and then the last drive we settle for a FG. On that first drive... DEN had three tried and failed, but a penatly gave them a new set of downs... It took two plays (2nd down) when they finally scored on a TD pass to Scheff. SO... DEN ran 5 plays... inside the five... until it scored a TD. THE NEXT DRIVE, stuffed on first down, Shanny calls perhaps his dumbest play of the game (he calls for a running play where he pulls the left guard! WHO PULLS A LINEMAN INSIDE THE TWO). Second down fumble. SO... up to this point... Broncos have now run 7 plays from within the five yard line... one fumble, one TD, one defensive penalty and four stuffs.

Now comes that final drive. Great second down call... Cutler blew it... It happens with young QBs... SO, now the total number of plays DEN has run in this game against GB from within the 5 yard line is 8... They've punched it in ONCE... and that was on a PASS PLAY.

This is why calling for a QB draw was suicide. GB has a tough defensive. DEN struggles in the RED ZONE. QB SNEAKS work from the one... QB draws work when you're running them in the middle of the field and the defense has areas to cover. They do not work on the GL simply b/c the scheme is different. Defense is going to blow the line apart... especially if they think a pass is coming... Pressure the QB.

IF ANYTHING... call for a naked bootleg and hope ONE person blows his assignment... Asking for 3-4 players to do it is suicide. PLUS... you have to give Cutler options. I think a misdirection boot with a dump pass option, or a playaction pass... OR just run crossing patterns and roll Cutler out. These made mort sense, to me.

BUT... EVEN if we score... Favre would have burned Bly anyway.... unless we scored as time ran out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
            This team is facing a lot of challenges. I think "Boomer" last night said it best. Denver is trying to figure out who they are. We are not the Broncos of the past (we never will be again), and our future is unclear. We as Broncos fans want and expect to see a playoff caliber team each year...and we have. But we have no seen a "re-building" team in about a decade.
            And this team has "re-build" all over it.
            Good Post! It would have been so much easier to stomach if the expectations going in to the season were that of a rebuilding season. Right now I'm sure that Bowlen is thinking "what the H-E-double toothpicks, did I open my check book for this off-season"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stand Ablaze View Post
              Looks like the coaches need an easy button.

Or, maybe the Broncos coaches should study game films of the "Brady" bunch and "Peyton" place to see what makes their teams so successful in the red zone and on defense. Maybe get some fresh ideas. How "easy" is that?
              Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• And a really good idea would be to have the oline that Indy and NE have. Nobody gets even CLOSE to the QB's with them.

Comment

• Where the hell was the pass rush? Favre had all day to throw. Completed his first 11 in the 2nd half. And why wasnt the "Risk Taker" Dre' Bly jumping on any underneath routes. I'd rather see him get beat long after biting on a pump, than get beat long when he would have just as easily given up the 10 yard curl. That was sickening

My 2007 Adopt a Broncos are Brandon Marshall and Erica Weston

Comment

• Holy crap some of you are just ridiculous.

BroncFanIN Did a great job recapping some of the injuries the Broncos have had to deal with. And don't give me the "All teams have injuries draft better" BS. The Broncos over the last 2 years have faced much more adversity with injuries then what is typical in the NFL, and to impact players.

Champ and Bly both played with injuries last night. Lynch went out (about the same time the D went into disarray. Coincidence?) Javon out. Henry out. 2 of the best O-Linemen out for the season. Ekuban, Courtney Brown, Rod Smith, etc etc. You don't think the Broncos miss these players do you?
                    You don't think they miss Sam Brandon and Al Wilson?!

The ONLY reason the Broncos were in this game, and the previous, was BECAUSE of Shanahan. Coaching a team to victory is easy when you are loaded at every position. Shanahan put an injury depleted team in a position to win against a very strong opponent.

The Broncos, even with the depleted squad we have right now, BEAT one of the very best teams in the AFC, and went toe-to-toe to OT with if not the best, then one of the top 2 teams in the NFC.

After the Chargers debacle, many of the same people dogging on Shanahan were saying "Well I just want them to be competitive over the next two games". Well, 1-1 against two very strong teams (one of which has the winningest QB in NFL history), and the 1 loss coming in OT. That seems pretty competitive to me. Now some of those same people are calling for Shanahan's head.

Ridiculous, and short sighted.

I've said it before, and I say it again: I'm glad Bowlen is the one who decides who the Coach is, because if some of you had your way we'd be a bottom feeder team.
                    Last edited by PowderAddict; 10-31-2007, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                      After sleeping on it... I still feel pretty much the same... BUT:

(3) That QB draw from the four was S-T-U-P-I-D. As I posted earlier... I think DEN had 3 drives where they had the ball inside the five... We scored a TD one one drive, fumbled on another and then the last drive we settle for a FG. Broncos have now run 7 plays from within the five yard line... one fumble, one TD, one defensive penalty and four stuffs.

SO, now the total number of plays DEN has run in this game against GB from within the 5 yard line is 8... They've punched it in ONCE... and that was on a PASS PLAY.

This is why calling for a QB draw was suicide. GB has a tough defensive. DEN struggles in the RED ZONE. QB SNEAKS work from the one... QB draws work when you're running them in the middle of the field and the defense has areas to cover. They do not work on the GL simply b/c the scheme is different. Defense is going to blow the line apart... especially if they think a pass is coming... Pressure the QB.

IF ANYTHING... call for a naked bootleg and hope ONE person blows his assignment... Asking for 3-4 players to do it is suicide. PLUS... you have to give Cutler options. I think a misdirection boot with a dump pass option, or a playaction pass... OR just run crossing patterns and roll Cutler out. These made mort sense, to me.
                      Now that is football talk right there. True analysis, rather than the foaming at the mouth brainwashed "Bowlen and Shanahan are perfect" garbage. Notice the use of facts, excellent...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X