For all of Simeon Rice's talking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all of Simeon Rice's talking...

he didn't do ANYTHING! I really thought he was going to come out and play hard and play well after getting his chance to play but it looks like he really doesn't care. Pretty sad.

Agree.

Did he even play tonight?

Comment

1 year deal till Jarvis Moss or Tim Crowder can fit the mold.

Comment

I agree.

*** Shanahan, inactivating your #1 pick who's been solid for some guy who hasn't done anything this year.

Great decision "mastermind".

Comment

Simeon Rice is a joke. When we first signed him i was excited but he is whiny and sucks. We deactivated our future and possible play maker for him. Trade him for a 3rd rounder and cut our losses with him.
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

He doesn't look like he has any strength. To be fair, Favre was rolling to the other side of the field an awful lot.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
              I agree.

*** Shanahan, inactivating your #1 pick who's been solid for some guy who hasn't done anything this year.

Great decision "mastermind".
              They benched Moss for Rice? I didnt know that........good lord! :brick:
              sigpic

Comment

no one will trade a 3rd round pick for him. And yes he definately played tonight. Not that you could tell.

Comment

So let me try and understand....we have a great game against Pittsburgh with our young guys....so let's deactivate Moss...put in Rice who's been whining in the press for two weeks and does..ummm nothing!!!

He needs to be cut (clearly TB knew he was done)...that walking buffet Sam Adams needs to be cut before he has a coronary on the field...and Gold needs to go...can't even make a tackle.....

Now Bly...it was a terrible game for him...gave up on that last play...

Comment

Originally posted by fxblitz View Post
                    He doesn't look like he has any strength. To be fair, Favre was rolling to the other side of the field an awful lot.
                    And when Favre didn't roll, Rice was 15-20 yards back in coverage a few times. I didn't think he was a linebacker... we got enough problems getting through the line $ and to only rush 3 in a normal 4-3 setup just doesn't work.
                    Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 10-29-2007, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cdnbroncosfan View Post
                      So let me try and understand....we have a great game against Pittsburgh with our young guys....so let's deactivate Moss...put in Rice who's been whining in the press for two weeks and does..ummm nothing!!!

He needs to be cut (clearly TB knew he was done)...that walking buffet Sam Adams needs to be cut before he has a coronary on the field...and Gold needs to go...can't even make a tackle.....

Now Bly...it was a terrible game for him...gave up on that last play...
                      Okay, some of this is valid:

a) For instance, Rice and Adams are not here beyond this off-season. If we're going to be this bad, then at least get them outta there and get our young guys some experience.

b) People trash Gold all the time, but its not like we have a better option. Truth is, none of our LBs are playing great right now

c) To say "lets get rid of Bly" is stupid. He's a good corner. Maybe even a great corner. You know, Parcels was saying in the pre-game that when you can't stop the run, everything suffers - this includes pass defense, offense - everything. Basically because you can't control anything, you can't do situational defense, you can't adjust your coverages, you leave your corners on an island. It all starts with the run d which starts with our front 7. Champ and Dre look a lot worse than they are because basically our front 7 isn't giving them any help. And maybe part of this is the scheme that, so far, isn't working. So don't go saying Bly sucks or anything, cuz' its not true.

In truth, we have Moss, Thomas, Crowder and Dumervil, we have DJ (as an OLB), we have Dre and Champ. We need to add another legit DT, a MLB and a ball-hawk safety and I think we'd see this defense shape up a lot. I advocate doing this the right way through the draft instead of high-priced (overpriced) free agents, but thats just me.
                      To permit irresponsible authority is to sell disaster. (Heinlein)...like Broncos season tickets!

Comment

Well, when you're fielding all these extra special team's players and a 4th tackle, someone needs to be deactivated. We had two LE's and two RE's. It was a pure numbers game, one that I doubt will happen again.

Rice looks done. I liked the potential of the signing at first, but he seems to have lost his game speed. It's not a matter of his shoulder IMO...he's not beating anyone off the snap with any sort of frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco View Post
                          Rice looks done. I liked the potential of the signing at first, but he seems to have lost his game speed. It's not a matter of his shoulder IMO...he's not beating anyone off the snap with any sort of frequency.
                          Agreed. And like the poster above says....why is he out covering Greg Jennings 12 yards down field??? The guy has been a one-trick pony since Illinois....all of the sudden he's gonna drop and cover a teams WR??

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                            Simeon Rice is a joke. When we first signed him i was excited but he is whiny and sucks. We deactivated our future and possible play maker for him. Trade him for a 3rd rounder and cut our losses with him.
                            3rd rounder for Simeon Rice?

We can hope to get a donut in the trade for the combination of Simeon Rice, Sam Adams and John Lynch.
                            For Ian Gold, we can't even get a donut in trade.

Comment

Well... I guess Tampa didn't want to keep him mainly because he wasn't himself after being injured for the year last year. I know hes old but I still doubt they would cut such a great player just to get younger.

Comment

Working...
                              X